The manager has lost the players

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlepeasoup

I don't think he's lost the players as much as some people hope he has, but there are some big personalities in that dressing room, and it does feel like a castle built on sand right now.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
When should these players actually take some blame for their performances which are well below the level we are paying them at?

Moriarty

He should be sacked tomorrow.
If they sack him, the Glazers wont do this but I would appoint Roy Keane in the interim.
He will have the players respect...and fear.

And he has solid knowledge of the game.
Putting football's equivalent of Captain Bligh in charge of the club might not be the best idea. Unless the club wants a mutiny on its hands.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
If we scrape 4th, he'll get another year; if we don't, he won't.
God I hope you’re wrong. We’ve not only got the best squad we’ve had in years but we actually have a top squad that’s comparable to the best around right now.

Currently there is little or no evidence whatsoever that Ole is good enough. Gradually his supporters are seeing this now. Sad really, I wanted him to succeed and o like the squad he’s built but it’s been blatantly clear for a while that he isn’t capable of steering the team forward and I’d actually suggest it’s become clearer as our squad has got more world class talent in.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Don't think he has lost the players at all. The team is unbalanced and don't look well coached… and are underperforming. They look like a group of talented individuals rather than a team.
If it continues there will need to be a change but we need to solve how we fit the likes of Pogba and Ronaldo into the side alongside Bruno.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't think Ole could ever lose the players in the way some managers do.
He's too nicey in general and doesn't ever dig them out in public.

Giggsy13

Just a reminder, we’ve signed Maguire, Varane, AWB, Sancho, Ronaldo, Bruno and VDB, while having a squad already with Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba and Shaw, AND STILL, we look like absolute dogshit. The proverbial straws that some of you Ole mob are clutching on to, bloody hell.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just a reminder, we’ve signed Maguire, Varane, AWB, Sancho, Ronaldo, Bruno and VDB, while having a squad already with Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba and Shaw, AND STILL, we look like absolute dogshit. The proverbial straws that some of you Ole mob are clutching on to, bloody hell.
I saw someone saying the new manager would need to be "backed" :lol:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I expect Ole will be gone after the Liverpool match.

Unless he pulls a miracle there.
Losing the fans at Old Trafford would be a big moment. That four game run at home last month lost a lot of goodwill. If Liverpool do some damage it could get toxic.

Fridge chutney

I take no pleasure in doing so. Today was my moment to think he can’t possibly get the players onboard now
Today was the day i cracked too, gb.

I love Ole and have been a huge advocate of his. But we are being out-coached and out-managed consistently.

Ole has done wonders for the club but i think it is time to call time on his tenure before we lose yet another season od potential.

Water Melon

I do think that Pogba questioning tactics does indeed reflect badly on our coaching staff. Some of our players have won the most prestigious cups/prizes in the game and are serial winners. Ole is a nobody in top managers circles and if it comes to him against these players, he will be fired. Losing Pogba for free and the need to buy a top quality midfielder will cost much more than firing Ole. Bruno is yet to extend, Donny and Martial are likely to leave, Varane and Cristiano are not that keen to play in EL or be out of CL.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I don't think Ole could ever lose the players in the way some managers do.
He's too nicey in general and doesn't ever dig them out in public.
Ever had a boss at work who you thought you were better than? It's basically losing them like that. I think the players are starting to think the same way many fans have for a long time, he's just not up to it.

Irwin99

I don't think he's lost the players as much as some people hope he has, but there are some big personalities in that dressing room, and it does feel like a castle built on sand right now.
Yeah I'm not sure about that either but I will say there's seemingly a world of difference between managing James, Andreas, Rashford and Martial and building a devastating counter attack that will press high even if it's quality leaves a lot to be desired and having the likes of superstars Ronaldo, Sancho, Cavani (who was near enough first choice when fit last year) Varane to pick from now as well. The Pogba issue of the best place to play him from hasn't been solved either.

I never liked Ole's 4-2-3-1 style but things look a lot more disjointed lately than they did last year.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He lost them a long time ago. They maybe like him (hence there is no majer rift) but on the pitch it shows

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
When should these players actually take some blame for their performances which are well below the level we are paying them at?
Why does the manager not get the blame for picking an obviously unfit Harry Maguire after one training session on grass and then leave him out there, instead of starting Bailly who he was quite happy to sanction a contract extension.

Giggsy13

I saw someone saying the new manager would need to be "backed" :lol:
It’s really is unbelievable isn’t it :lol:. Perhaps a new midfielder for the new man in charge but a wonderful ready made squad is ready to challenge again.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Why does the manager not get the blame for picking an obviously unfit Harry Maguire after one training session on grass and then leave him out there, instead of starting Bailly who he was quite happy to sanction a contract extension.
He definitely does. But you can't pin it all on that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It’s really is unbelievable isn’t it :lol:. Perhaps a new midfielder for the new man in charge but a wonderful ready made squad is ready to challenge again.
The last time I remember being as baffled at the results versus the squad was Moyes' first 6months.

Although know a lot of people have tried to play the revisionist card, that Fergie left some sort of non league level squad that had dropped off a cliff a month or 2 after cruising the league title.

Probably the worst thing for Ole was bringing these 3 quality signings in, as it has ramped the pressure up.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Tactial he is the worst we had post SAF. His level is Norwegian Fotball. He gets away with it because he is a decent man manager, and has a good vision of what type of players United need.

DomesticTadpole

That why I mentioned today that we should bug the dressing room just to find out what instructions he or his coaches give out to the players. What information they are giving about dealing with other teams danger men. We need someone willing to go on a cohort operation.

spiriticon

If we get a new manager, he's got to be able to come in and work his magic from day one and challenge within a year like Tuchel, Zidane or Pep. I don't think I have the patience to wait another 3 years for the team to gel.

Last edited:

MDFC Manager

Probably the worst thing for Ole was bringing these 3 quality signings in, as it has ramped the pressure up.
Catch 22 situation. He had to sign some upgrades because of pressure to do better than last season, and now those upgrades are creating even more pressure.

clarkydaz

Some of the fancams saying many away fans left before the final whistle. That doesnt bode well for him

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Catch 22 situation. He had to sign some upgrades because of pressure to do better than last season, and now those upgrades are creating even more pressure.
Like Jose found, when you finish 2nd, you need to improve, but it's the hardest step of them all.

With City looking good, Liverpool never going to just disappear, despite last season fooling some people, and Chelsea getting it together quickly, as they always seem to do with a new manager, there was always a huge risk of improving, but still dropping down the table.

Unfortunately we haven't even done the improving part!

Ole needs to just about scrape hanging about until after Chelsea away.
Then fixtures improve massively.

Flytan

I mean I agree, but when it's clear the manager is in way over his head the players are going to play worse. I'm convinced Ole doesn't push players in training. I don't know if there's any evidence to it but the consistent lack of concentration in games the entire time he has been here can be explained by it. It would also explain why the players "like" him so much, they don't get pushed to get better.

DomesticTadpole

Some of the fancams saying many away fans left before the final whistle. That doesnt bode well for him
Can anybody post them? Was interesting listening to the difference between what was going on in the ground against Everton and then what fans actually thought once they got outside.

DomesticTadpole

I mean I agree, but when it's clear the manager is in way over his head the players are going to play worse. I'm convinced Ole doesn't push players in training. I don't know if there's any evidence to it but the consistent lack of concentration in games the entire time he has been here can be explained by it. It would also explain why the players "like" him so much, they don't get pushed to get better.
Agree about lack of concentration. You have to drill players in a way of playing so it just comes naturally.

Giggsy13

The last time I remember being as baffled at the results versus the squad was Moyes' first 6months.

Although know a lot of people have tried to play the revisionist card, that Fergie left some sort of non league level squad that had dropped off a cliff a month or 2 after cruising the league title.

Lets not forget the £70 or odd million wasted in 2020 on 3 players who barely play. Some insight from Ole that season and we invest in a holding midfielder. VDB still has potential to succeed though under the right manager.

lsd

The Oracle
He would have been the best Director of Football we could have wished for

LoneStar

My only hope is Ronaldo, and even players like Varane, Bruno won't be happy with what's going on atm. Surely they might raise something with the board. I am not a fan of player power over managers, but no way the board is sacking Ole otherwise.

Even the Glazers might see that we are declining after spending strong in the summer.

KingCavani

This season is gone. Get an experienced interim and let Conte purge this trash in the summer. So many players I dislike.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He would have been the best Director of Football we could have wished for
I don't think so. Has he got a clear vision on how to play? If so, has he bought players to compliment that vision and has he retained players who fit into that vision? That's pretty essential for a DoF to be clear about.

I think he'd be a great ambassador for the club and he'd probably be great with young players in the management sense.

OrcaFat

The club won't burn down - we're just in for an average-to-poor season.

If we scrape 4th, he'll get another year; if we don't, he won't.
I think it’s a myth that top 4 will always be acceptable. If we are off the pace the board won’t wait until it’s mathematically impossible to get 4th will they? Surely not. Context is important. Public perception is important. Credibility of the board comes into it. Anyway, we’ll probably see the myth tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.