The manager has lost the players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
Hashtags mean feck all.

Pundits mean feck all.

Booing means feck all.

All the above comes from a childish obsession with creating narratives on social media. Just because that's the world you live in, that doesn't mean it's the same one that the decision makers at the club live in.

Bad results and losing the dressing room are the only things that matter. His sacking is going to happen sooner rather than later. The only reason it hasn't is because United want a succession plan that allows them to have a big name in place by the summer.

7 months under a caretaker seems unreasonable, but there's no viable permanent candidates. The hope was that Ole might be able to recapture last season's form. But that seems to be out the window now. It's a wait-and-see situation.

GarrinchaNZ

Varane...he tweaked his hamstring in the previous game...surely the medics at Man Utd are at a level where they act and let Ole know....? The manager plays him in the next match and he blows his hammy and out for a month. or more. Plays the same players regardless of results. Makes no sense...Ole is starting to doubt his payers, so plays on reputation alone, and it's a slippery slope!

SATA

Players leaks are getting out and the biggest player that is Ronaldo is at the helm of it. Surely Ole is done. When you lose the players especially the big ones, you can’t manage a team anymore

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Hmmm I feel things are starting to gain momentum. Ole might not be managing the Watford game

Max_United

Don’t worry, he will learn from his mistakes. Give him time :lol:
Insane really. It is not like it happens rarely. He rushed Pogba, Maguire, Varane, overplayed Bruno etc etc etc. He never learns, but most likely just hopes that good players will rescue him even unfit.

Robertd0803

The players can probably see at this point that this isnt a slump or a bad run of form that a few wins will see us out of. Even if that happens its still prolonging the inevitable.

Bestietom

Yes, I believe he has lost the players trust now, but we can also see that the board has no ambition if they leave him in the job any longer.
Ole is out of his depth and we have no football men on board, A disgrace.

romufc

Time is up. The club has become a circus with these anonymous briefings, and while it's a shame this is the world we now live in Ole is done.

I don't actually think there is anything on this. Its the daily mail.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I don't actually think there is anything on this. Its the daily mail.
There's a question of exactly what is true and what isn't, and you can bet your bottom dollar some of the stuff emerging is pure shit-stirring for clicks, but I firmly believe the players know something is fundamentally wrong with the approach of our senior decision makers. How could they not?

romufc

There's a question of exactly what is true and what isn't, and you can bet your bottom dollar some of the stuff emerging is pure shit-stirring for clicks, but I firmly believe the players know something is fundamentally wrong with the approach of our senior decision makers. How could they not?
I mean its obvious there is something wrong. Ole got a 3 year contract with no experienced coaches around him.

How long have we been saying that there is a massive coaching issue under Ole?

The senior members have no idea about football. If they did, we would not be here this morning with Ole in charge.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I mean its obvious there is something wrong. Ole got a 3 year contract with no experienced coaches around him.

How long have we been saying that there is a massive coaching issue under Ole?

The senior members have no idea about football. If they did, we would not be here this morning with Ole in charge.
Agreed, and that's all I'm saying about the leaks. It leaves a horrible taste that a. players are briefing to the press and/or b. the press are making up negative bullshit about our club to get clicks, but I'm struggling to care as to the exact truth about the stories as the fundamental truth is Ole is finished; the players know it and the fans know it.

romufc

Agreed, and that's all I'm saying about the leaks. It leaves a horrible taste that a. players are briefing to the press and/or b. the press are making up negative bullshit about our club to get clicks, but I'm struggling to care as to the exact truth about the stories as the fundamental truth is Ole is finished; the players know it and the fans know it.
Agreed, this is the way Jose got finished, going into games not even trying to win them.

I mean playing City and we made it a training ground exercise at best. I am sure City's B team give them more of a game in training than we did.

Bestietom

We all know now that this great club deserves and needs, a Top Top manager who brings in Top coaches with him.
We will never reach any heights again, unless this happens. But it needs to start right now. We have a transfer window in 7 weeks time and a new manager would be able to see exactly where he needs to strengthen most.
The board needs to show ambition by getting rid of Ole and all his coaching staff, and bring in a Top manager with Top coaches, and we will only then see the benefit of the players we have here.

romufc

We all know now that this great club deserves and needs, a Top Top manager who brings in Top coaches with him.
We will never reach any heights again, unless this happens. But it needs to start right now. We have a transfer window in 7 weeks time and a new manager would be able to see exactly where he needs to strengthen most.
The board needs to show ambition by getting rid of Ole and all his coaching staff, and bring in a Top manager with Top coaches, and we will only then see the benefit of the players we have here.

That word is not in the hierarchy's dictionary I am afraid. Just to show you what other clubs mean by ambition

Liverpool - Finished 2nd started the season bad, sacked Rodgers for Klopp
Chelsea - Lampard done well with ban and started season average, sacked.
Spurs - new manager, 3 points behind United, Sacked
City - Winning leagues, saw a better man and sacked Pelligrini

Manutd - Good form - hire an inexperienced manager
Finished 2nd, no trophies, crap football, 3 year extension

That is this clubs ambition.

lsd

The Oracle
That word is not in the hierarchy's dictionary I am afraid. Just to show you what other clubs mean by ambition

We were nowhere near good form when we hired Ole

Bestietom

Exactly, And how long more will the fans put up with this. Heck even some of the players want out now.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
The performances definitely have that feeling that they dont trust his tactics on the pitch. He was fortunate Spurs were so shit that we could put a performance in, otherwise the pressing from Liverpool, Atalanta and Citeh wasnt met with a positive response from the team.

The Purley King

And this season we have seen Spurs, Villa and Norwich sack under performers already.
In fact, the Farke and Smith sackings are especially relevant. Managers who came in, steadied the ship, performed well for a while, but its now clear they cannot move their team forward any more. Sound familiar?
If Ole is still here for the Watford game I'm going to be sick.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hashtags mean feck all.

Pundits mean feck all.

Booing means feck all.

All the above comes from a childish obsession with creating narratives on social media. Just because that's the world you live in, that doesn't mean it's the same one that the decision makers at the club live in.

Bad results and losing the dressing room are the only things that matter. His sacking is going to happen sooner rather than later. The only reason it hasn't is because United want a succession plan that allows them to have a big name in place by the summer.

7 months under a caretaker seems unreasonable, but there's no viable permanent candidates. The hope was that Ole might be able to recapture last season's form. But that seems to be out the window now. It's a wait-and-see situation.
Let's not forget that OGS was installed as a "caretaker". If we do that again and whoever it is (Mike Phelan or Michael Carrick would be my bet) wins 7 out of 28 they will probably get the job on a permanent basis.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The board actually need to show that they get football at all. Which. They. Won't. Ever. Do. Because. They. Think. They. Do. Already. But. Are. In. Fact. Only. In. It. For. The. Money. Whilst. Pretending. To. Give. A. Shit. And. Know. How. To. Run. A. Football. Club. (Stephan) Kuntz.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I wish he had lost the players. They might do better if they ignore whatever it is he’s telling them to do.

romufc

And this season we have seen Spurs, Villa and Norwich sack under performers already.
In fact, the Farke and Smith sackings are especially relevant. Managers who came in, steadied the ship, performed well for a while, but its now clear they cannot move their team forward any more. Sound familiar?
If Ole is still here for the Watford game I'm going to be sick.
It just shows if we had someone in the board who actually knew their football instead of bankers, we would be challenging for titles.

It makes me sick how badly we are run, it has been obvious for a long time that Ole is not good enough.

Any other team with this team would be sacked for such vile performances. This season we have put in 1 good performance against Spurs.

Our home form is relegation standard, so is our home defensive record.

What happen to "We need our fans back" and to be fair the fans have been so supportive this season and we have got nothing but coward tactics from Ole.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
I didn't used to, but I actually have some sympathy for OGS and this article explains my change of view:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...d-tactics-solskjaer-ronaldo-city-derby-defeat

"It’s not about the formation, per se. This has worked for United against City before. Prior to last week’s win at Spurs, the last time they started with a back three in a league game was in March 2020, when they beat City 2-0 with a team strikingly similar to Saturday’s line-up. On that occasion, Brandon Williams started at left wing-back with Luke Shaw replacing Eric Bailly in central defence, Nemanja Matic played instead of Scott McTominay and the front two were Dan James and Anthony Martial (although both Bailly and McTominay came on). The system can work.

But what is different now is context. The back three then felt like a specific plan – United had used it a couple of months earlier in losing at Anfield – rather than a desperate spin of the kaleidoscope, hoping for something to take shape. Nobody can believe this is the way United want to play long-term, because to do so would mean only one of Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood and Edinson Cavani is ever going to start. It would also mean there is no place at all for poor Jadon Sancho, whom United pursued for 18 months before finally signing amid understandable excitement for £73m.

Last season, United kept five clean sheets in the six league games against City, Chelsea and Liverpool. He’s won four of his nine games against Pep Guardiola. That wasn’t the aspect of his management that used to be doubted. So what has changed? Why have United let in seven goals in two home games in a fortnight against Liverpool and City while being embarrassingly outclassed?

The answer is obvious: Cristiano Ronaldo, a player signed at the urging of Sir Alex Ferguson."

The Purley King

It just shows if we had someone in the board who actually knew their football instead of bankers, we would be challenging for titles.

It makes me sick how badly we are run, it has been obvious for a long time that Ole is not good enough.

Any other team with this team would be sacked for such vile performances. This season we have put in 1 good performance against Spurs.

Our home form is relegation standard, so is our home defensive record.

What happen to "We need our fans back" and to be fair the fans have been so supportive this season and we have got nothing but coward tactics from Ole.
We didn't even play that well at Spurs either. Spurs were so woeful, the u16s would probably have beaten them.
We've played well enough in 5 or 10 minute bursts on occasion, but I don't think we can look at any one game this year and say we played well throughout.
Its been shambolic, but as long as we are still in CL and top4 isn't out of reach apparently everything is fine.

AlexMG

I wish he had lost the players. They might do better if they ignore whatever it is he’s telling them to do.

Absolutely I agree. But with 2 defensive (non-creative) midfielders it is very difficult.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
Yes, I understand the laughing emojis, Ronaldo has scored many goals often important ones, but if he weren't there would those key get-out of-jail goals have actually been needed? Maybe not.

This is about whether the manager has lost the players (or not) and who is to blame. When you bring in a veteran on £580,000 per week, no matter what his past record shows, it will have an impact on the other players.

Maybe they don't all love Ronaldo as us fans do especially if they see him impeding their career progression whilst getting 2x or 3x or 4x what they earn...

Last edited:

GlasgowCeltic

Yes, I understand the laughing emojis, he has scored many goals often important ones, but if he weren't there would those key get-out of-jail goals have actually been needed? Maybe not.

This is about whether the manager has lost the players (or not) and who is to blame. When you bring in a veteran on £580,000 per week, no matter what his past record shows, it will have an impact on the other players.

Maybe they don't all love Ronaldo as us fans do especially if they see him impeding their career progression whilst getting 2x or 3x or 4x what they earn...
I definitely think Ole had doubts about signing Ronaldo (and selling James), but if he did a stronger manager just says no...

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
I definitely think Ole had doubts about signing Ronaldo (and selling James), but if he did a stronger manager just says no...
Say 'No' to Sir Alex Ferguson? He won't even park in the Managers parking space, such is his reverence for the old chap, so that wasn't going to happen.....

Strong manager or weak manager - the problem at Man Utd. is the ex-Manager.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Where are you getting your hope from? Give me some please, I’m honestly sick that Ole is still in charge.
there needs to be a mass player walkout for Ole’s position to become untenable. I’m praying it happens

Zen86

If I didn’t know better, I would say these bullshit peddling media outlets simply copy and paste the comments made on Twitter and pass them off as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.