The Manchester United fans control the club's destiny

Utdstar01

I don't even feel like I'm blowing this out of proportion anymore. What the feck has happened to our club?! From top to bottom we're absolutely ruined.

We're fed the same PR shit every transfer window. Constant excuses as to why we can't get players in. We're fed bullshit when we're going through a spot of bother, false assurances that we're going to restructure the club through a DOF. Never happened.

Nothing is going to change until the Glazers feck off with all of their incompetent staff. All we are doing as fans at the moment is putting money into their pockets by attending games and buying merchandise. Something needs to be done. Change is needed massively and we can influence that.

Last edited:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
No doubting it, it's a horrible time for the club right now - and it's going to have to get worse before it gets better.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
There's no way this thread will descend into local and foreign United fans exchanging barbs about how best to behave at Old Trafford. No sirree.

Dante

Average bang
The only way to get United back on top is to abuse the players on the internet. That'll learn 'em.

GiddyUp

I get the feeling bad PR is Woodward's kryptonite. The more people that publically call him out the better.

AshRK

I hate fans booing players but have to say they have to show their frustrations more now. When did Manchester United become about supporting mediocrity. How are match going fans tolerating the likes of Lingard and Jones. Surely time has come to be more vocal. This whole houlier attitude is frustrating to see.

RedDevilRoshi

I get the feeling bad PR is Woodward's kryptonite. The more people that publically call him out the better.
Doesn’t seem to faze him. Whenever that happens, he feeds the press the same old bullshit that the OP has mentioned just to divert the attention away from him and ease the pressure. The only people that will get rid of that clown are the Glazer scums and that ain’t happening in a million years. Under the Glazers’ stewardship, Woodward has the safest job in world football.

R'hllor

Only way if Glazers and EW put Pogba masks on, otherwise customers wont have a go at corp. overlords.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Doesn’t seem to faze him. Whenever that happens, he feeds the press the same old bullshit that the OP has mentioned just to divert the attention away from him and ease the pressure. The only people that will get rid of that clown are the Glazer scums and that ain’t happening in a million years. Under the Glazers’ stewardship, Woodward has the safest job in world football.
It does faze him. He was immensely scrutinised in the summer and came out defending himself and his system publically. He can be very easily rattled by criticism.

ManRed

I am quite surprised at the match going fans. I have been there previous years and they were much more harsher to Moyes and Van Gaal. Solskjaer seems to be getting a get out of jail card. That first half performance should have ended in serious booing at the manager.

RedDevilRoshi

It does faze him. He was immensely scrutinised in the summer and came out defending himself and his system publically. He can be very easily rattled by criticism.
He knows how to squirm his way out of it. He knows what needs to be said to the press in order to ease the pressure on him when he gets scrutinised.

As long as he has the Glazers backing, which he will always have, then that’s all that really unfortunately matters.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I am quite surprised at the match going fans. I have been there previous years and they were much more harsher to Moyes and Van Gaal. Solskjaer seems to be getting a get out of jail card. That first half performance should have ended in serious booing at the manager.
So you're saying the fans don't control the destiny of the club, as much anymore? :devil:

Roboc7

The club will co to us to go downhill, rock bottom is still to come. The fact we appointed Ole and will no doubt persist with him shows how out of touch everyone is.

On and off the pitch Utd are a shambles (except for commercial side of club of course), the club rewards incompetence l, there is zero accountability and no ambition. We are no longer a big club just pretending/hoping to be one again.

We won’t win the title this decade, what we’ve seen last seven years is the Utd way now.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He had been constantly criticised by the press and United fans for pretty much his whole tenure. I don't remember the last time I've seen a positive comment about him anywhere. And yet, he is still here.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'd like to think anyone would be affected when tens of thousands people singing about him and his small private part on live TV.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I hate fans booing players but have to say they have to show their frustrations more now. When did Manchester United become about supporting mediocrity. How are match going fans tolerating the likes of Lingard and Jones. Surely time has come to be more vocal. This whole houlier attitude is frustrating to see.
Nah we love giving standing ovations to incompetent people. No wonder why we ended up with this manager and these players. Why should owners spend money when the fans are happy to settle to an amateur manager and third rated players?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Part of me are even jealous of Arsenal TV recently - I feel like they atleast try something even if at times it can be taken overboard.

croadyman

Can anyone confirm if as many fans left after the third goal has been reported by the media.

I know many people don't like fan channels but they are right about how divided the club is right now. There seems to be a lot of in fighting between our fanbase now and is going to poison the atmosphere eventually.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't like the concept of booing during the match but I think way we've been run and managed in recent years calls for some sort of protest by the fans. The club is for the fans who absolutely have the right to express dissatisfaction at the state of things. In fact I'd argue that our matchgoing fans who I respect and admire (especially the away match goers), are far too passive and naive.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nah we love giving standing ovations to incompetent people. No wonder why we ended up with this manager and these players. Why should owners spend money when the fans are happy to settle to an amateur manager and third rated players?
Yeah I've always hated Madrid and their white hanky waving. But we are the complete opposite with how content we are with accepting mediocrity which ironically promotes it.

Strelok

Agreed with OP.

At least we should try. Otherwise this is the Utd we'd probably see for the next 10 years. Clueless.

redIndianDevil

as long as fans remain sentimental idiots of backing an incompetent manager just because we had SAF for more than two decades, nothing will change.

Strelok

as long as fans remain sentimental idiots of backing an incompetent manager just because we had SAF for more than two decades, nothing will change.
Problem is sacking Ole and hiring someone else won't solve this. May give a new manager bump but that's all. And would give Ed another year to "evaluate the squad" again without any big buy.

Our true problem is the Glazzers, Ed and the board. Saying #Oleout is actually helping the real culprits imo.

red thru&thru

Fans expectations are low. This is why we are where we are. All this crap about, "cycles", "takes time", blah blah blah, is all the reason why we are where we're at.

Could you see clubs like Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve, PSG, City do what we're doing? No.

Denis79

Fans expectations are low. This is why we are where we are. All this crap about, "cycles", "takes time", blah blah blah, is all the reason why we are where we're at.

Could you see clubs like Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve, PSG, City do what we're doing? No.
All those clubs have people in charge who breathe football and want glory above profit.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
This low form has been brewing for years. For me last night I saw the announced team and felt a surge of hatred for the money we’ve wasted over the last five seasons. In that time (before Ole) we’ve spent over half a billion pounds and have nothing (apart from Martial and Pogba) to show for it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yeah I've always hated Madrid and their white hanky waving. But we are the complete opposite with how content we are with accepting mediocrity which ironically promotes it.
Fans opinion matter big time because no sponsor want to be associated to a club that boo the club they are sponsoring and put banners against the club etc. Unfortunately we are too busy showing how righteous we are. Thus Real fans get Zidane with Varane, Hazard and Modric and we, well, we get Lingard and Jones.

I met a redcafe poster lately who lived in Spain. The person told me that whenever Real (you know arrogant club, filled world class players etc) visits a Spanish region which is outside the Madrid region, they make sure that they always visit the supporters club there. That's how powerful picky fans can be. But hey, lets just give standing ovations to little Ole and his team of underachievers. They won the second half you know?

Last edited:

Godfather

Nothing will be done. One or two planes maybe but that's it. Our fanbase takes too much shit. Too many daytrippers or people who just don't care enough. Probably also because some think Ole doesn't deserve any protest. But at this point it's a must.

Denis79

Agree. But clearly this does not resonate with our owners. So the fans have to demand change.
As long as the parasites make money they don't give a shit what the fans think of that I'm sure. You think they care about United beyond a financial standpoint? So why would they care about us?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Personally I’d love to see picket style lines around OT on a match night. Stop fans from going inside. A near empty stadium would send a huge message, especially a televised home game. 40,000 fans outside chanting anti-Ed and anti-Glazer stuff would underline that message

Enigma_87

You know who
Problem is sacking Ole and hiring someone else won't solve this. May give a new manager bump but that's all. And would give Ed another year to "evaluate the squad" again without any big buy.

Our true problem is the Glazzers, Ed and the board. Saying #Oleout is actually helping the real culprits imo.
We have spent hundreds of millions and again your solution is buy big? Like that would change anything. We spent 150m last summer including a record for a CB, we regressed.

Not a single top club would promote the mediocrity our fans are doing and until they keep doing so, nothing will change.

It's obvious that some fans will accept mediocrity no matter what. #Olein rather embraces the board model and its 'plan'. They are the ones that appointed him and he is the one that is grateful for that and won't do anything to even remotely criticize them as he won't find a top job ever again.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Our current manager delivered arguably the finest moment in our entire history. He scored a last minute winner in the CL final to seal the historic treble. Of course that's going to have an effect with most fans. He's a legend.

This was always going to be an issue giving him job. Nobody would like to sack him if he wasn't up to it. The club certainly don't seem like they want to.

Strelok

We have spent hundreds of millions and again your solution is buy big? Like that would change anything. We spent 150m last summer including a record for a CB, we regressed.

Not a single top club would promote the mediocrity our fans are doing and until they keep doing so, nothing will change.

It's obvious that some fans will accept mediocrity no matter what. #Olein rather embraces the board model and its 'plan'. They are the ones that appointed him and he is the one that is grateful for that and won't do anything to even remotely criticize them as he won't find a top job ever again.
Read my post below.

I was one of those tbh. I was so naive thinking we're pretty alright and just a right manager would send us flying again.

Now I've realised how bad the situation is after our last 4 managers. It was not like we did not spend, we did spend a lot ffs. Our name is still big, we spent a lot, we had one of the most recently successful manager, we tried all different philosophies blah blah so why the results, the squad are so bad?

The answer is simple imo, bad decision. We just have made a lot more bad decision than good decision, if there's any good decision at all. And who is responsible for this ? I remember someone posted the list of our board and fecking none of them has any experience or has anything to do with football.

If that doesn't change anytime soon, it's a bloody miracle that we'd land on another SAF and that SAF would send us flying again.
And if we don't spend big, what is your solution to strengthen our squad? You don't see how crap it currently is ?

Every clubs want to be big must spend big and right. We forgot the "right".

I don't defend Ole, just think sacking him is not the solution here.

Enigma_87

You know who
Read my post below.

And if we don't spend big, what is your solution to strengthen our squad?

I don't defend Ole, just think sacking him is not the solution here.
You should only spend big if we have a right manager in. Spending big under a League One manager will make our position much worse.

Sacking him is absolutely a solution here. It's what every top team does.