g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The Manchester United positivity thread

Zen86

We’re a decent manager away from being back up there, hopefully ETH will be that guy. Even if the players aren’t league winners, they’ll look like a different side once we lift the miserable cloud surrounding the club. The players we have are better than this, but we’re in a spiral.

yipthatman

As a positive I would really like to see some of the hungry younger players implemented in the first team as I believe most of the first team has mentally checked out. I want to see mostly youth starting even if we lose 8-0. I can handle that as these are the future now and top 4 is gone as the players have given up (even Bruno).

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
We’re a decent manager away from being back up there, hopefully ETH will be that guy. Even if the players aren’t league winners, they’ll look like a different side once we lift the miserable cloud surrounding the club. The players we have are better than this, but we’re in a spiral.
Only a manager ? :D

Spaghetti

Mom's
In September we were worried about how we could fit all of the attacking players in. 6 months later we have Elanga up front on his own. Sancho, Ronaldo, Martial, Greenwood, Cavani, Rashford, Pogba, James.

Our team on paper looked like it was going to challenge. AWB solid but unspectacular, Shaw on the back of a great season and Euros, Varane a great addition, Maguire picking up some form, Lindelof not looking too bad.

These players (the ones who stay) can’t have turned that shit. A decent manager (hopefully ETH) can ship some out, bring in some new players and bring the glory days back.

Van Dijk, Matip, Thiago, Henderson, Firmino, Mane and Salah will all be in their 30s by the start of next season.

Yakuza_devils

I refused to believe that a squad assembled with the highest net spent for the last decade can be so bad.
The game vs Liverpool were like we are a championship team. Totally outplayed and outclassed.
Hope with proper manager and a few additions we will looks like a decent team again.

Betson

In September we were worried about how we could fit all of the attacking players in. 6 months later we have Elanga up front on his own. Sancho, Ronaldo, Martial, Greenwood, Cavani, Rashford, Pogba, James.

Our team on paper looked like it was going to challenge. AWB solid but unspectacular, Shaw on the back of a great season and Euros, Varane a great addition, Maguire picking up some form, Lindelof not looking too bad.

These players (the ones who stay) can’t have turned that shit. A decent manager (hopefully ETH) can ship some out, bring in some new players and bring the glory days back.

Van Dijk, Matip, Thiago, Henderson, Firmino, Mane and Salah will all be in their 30s by the start of next season.
They could be in their 40's and they would still run this Utd team off the pitch , if ETH has to rely on the core of players you mentioned then he is at nothing.

The positive part is that he surely knows that and not many of them will be here or at least not getting a game after a few transfer windows.

flameinthesun

I reckon there's a 50% chance of it going positively or negatively. If we look at the last 6 months, we've put Richard Arnold in place, hired Ralf and offered him a role upstairs, held off from hiring conte and have actually gone for a popular up and coming manager in ETH. Those are all positive moves in terms of the football structure of the club, regardless of what is happening on the pitch. I also think a hidden positive is that we have so many players leaving this summer, lingard, pogba, matic etc which will force a refresh of the squad, we have for the first time a good number of young players on loan in the championship getting games. So if we continue with el plan I can see a positive season happening next year. Its a big year for Richard Arnold, he can set a marker with the fans this summer and get off on a positive foot or he could show himself as just another Woodward. It will be very interesting either way.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
People need to stop talking about the post-SAF era; it has ended already; the post-SAF era was 2013-2022 (four failed managers+interims, two minor titles-FA Cup/EL, and several Top2-6 seasons, including debacles against City and the vermin).

Ten Hag has a titanic task ahead. 2022-23 has to be turning point. The beginning of a new era.

Bojan Djordjic

We have the world's most promising young coach whose previous team has played next level football at times during the last season (admittedly towards the start).

We're a huge club with a history and financial power to match and should have resources available to make changes if correct decisions are made.

On a superficial level, it looks like a lot of underperformers are being weeded out at exec level and changes are being implemented for better or worse. We have to see if they are effective or not.

Some decent talent coming through at underage level and looks like there will be a clear out of players surplus to requirements which will hopefully temper some of the toxicity in the dressing room.

I'm cognisant that it will likely be a few years before Ten Hag has an opportunity to challenge for the league but it would be nice next year if we could target a cup or even the Europa League to bring a bit of pride back to the club and help unite the dressing room.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We have Ten Hag, the manager who plays one of the most beautiful football in Europe,

We will be fine next season.

GoldanoGraham

With so many rotten apples leaving the club if we did nothing else we would be a more harmonious group next season - im really expecting a big upturn in next season - also - ETH got two very experienced football assistants alongside him - polar opposite to the team that Ralf had. Think that it was a very sensible decision to bring in Steve McLaren. That team will be strong and weed out the shite quickly.

Cant wait to hear of the first bleating from someone and how it will be dealt with.

There has been no authority for quite some time - will be really interesting to see who buys in and who falls out!

Im really much more excited about this now…..got really good vibes about ETH.

I'm a beautiful thing

He's got pre season to work with the players hopefully to create a pattern and shape so we can at least be organised.
Get some players in with leadership qualities,desire and hunger,good coaching can make a difference I don't think we've had that for some time

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Shout out to United's receptionist Kath Phipps for winning an award:

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Wow she's been around since Busby, glad she's gotten the recognition, also hope mata stays as a coach of some sort, I kinda like him.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

Have to say she played a blinder unplugging that fax machine making sure De Gea stayed giving us another few seasons of a top goal keeper before it eventually went wrong.

Yagami

Good post resistant
That's awesome! So sweet to honour her like that. I wonder if they got Becks because they asked her who her favourite player was? He'd be my pick, too!

Have to say she played a blinder unplugging that fax machine making sure De Gea stayed giving us another few seasons of a top goal keeper before it eventually went wrong.
:lol:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
That's awesome! So sweet to honour her like that. I wonder if they got Becks because they asked her who her favourite player was? He'd be my pick, too!

:lol:
Well I'll imagine best could be one but he isn't around any more unfortunately.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Well I'll imagine best could be one but he isn't around any more unfortunately.
I was going to put "living" in brackets but thought that was too morbid!

It'd be between Becks and Sir Bobby for me!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I was going to put "living" in brackets but thought that was too morbid!

It'd be between Becks and Sir Bobby for me!
Nah nothing morbid about it, she's been around since Busby its natural that a few of the lads passed away.
Thankfully sir Bobby is still kicking around.