Television The Mandalorian - TV Show

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
He’s been in about three episodes.
Yeah and he was the existential threat to Mando/Grogu in seasons 1 and 2, and we just found out he escaped his prison shuttle... so I'm guessing he continues to be the biggest threat to Mando/Grogu.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
1. Is this good.
2. Do I need knowledge of the Star Wars universe to enjoy
3. Thanks.
IMO, it's massively overrated 'cause it's half decent and nearly everything star wars related has been terrible.
It's still an alright show (well the first two seasons), but Andor is much better and will end with the second season, ie it won't turn into a milk cow where the quality drops after x seasons, which is the direction this show seems to be heading in.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
1. Is this good.
2. Do I need knowledge of the Star Wars universe to enjoy
3. Thanks.
Depends entirely what you want. If you want very good writing and dialogue, this is a miss. If you want mindless and fun then it fits the bill. It's quality varies, but you don't need to be a Star Wars nerd to enjoy it.

If you don't mind a slower paced show with very good dialogue and writing then head on over to Andor instead. Acting, writing, dialogue, characters is much better, it's an adult Star Wars show. Just don't expect explosions and action every episode because it's not that type of show. Mandalorian is more of a Marvel type show.

Ahmer Baig

Disney can't let go of the fact their trilogy bombed. Hence they are going all out to explain Palpatine cloning process.

And New Republic is so incompetent, no wonder it got bombed.

Swedish_Plumber

Pointless side quest of an episode.
I quite liked their side quest but I agree it’s not really what’s needed at this stage of a season.

Think the last couple of episodes will feel quite rushed with a big cliff hanger as they won’t have enough time to fit everything in.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Where's it going? We've got two episodes left and no idea who the big bad is (Gideon?). Season 2 was already brewing nicely at this point.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Where's it going? We've got two episodes left and no idea who the big bad is (Gideon?). Season 2 was already brewing nicely at this point.
feck knows, they keep talking about 'taking back Mandalore' but we have no idea what that means as the only time we've been on Mandalore it was deserted apart from a group of stone age aliens and a mean robot.

On top of this, we've really seen no character development in either of our two main characters. We've had 6 episodes and Grogu's done nothing but make baby happy noises while Din has been Bo-Katans side kick. Bo-Katan herself which this season has been about hasn't even developed that much. She's got her Dark Sabre via a technicality and by doing that got her fleet and small group of soldiers back.

By Season 3 the show should feel like it's heading some direction or building up into a grander story arc but this entire season feels like filler, fun filler at times, but filler.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
feck knows, they keep talking about 'taking back Mandalore' but we have no idea what that means as the only time we've been on Mandalore it was deserted apart from a group of stone age aliens and a mean robot.

On top of this, we've really seen no character development in either of our two main characters. We've had 6 episodes and Grogu's done nothing but make baby happy noises while Din has been Bo-Katans side kick. Bo-Katan herself which this season has been about hasn't even developed that much. She's got her Dark Sabre via a technicality and by doing that got her fleet and small group of soldiers back.

By Season 3 the show should feel like it's heading some direction or building up into a grander story arc but this entire season feels like filler, fun filler at times, but filler.
Bo Katan has developed massively this season. Entire ideology and goals have changed throughout.

I’ll judge this in the full context of the season first. I have a feeling there are going to be some big moments very soon now.

Drifter

American
Grogu is wearing thin. This series feels like one long filler at the moment.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I'm sure when it's revealed Grogu is actually "The Mandalorian" and he fights Bo-Katan in a Mandalorian civil war whilst riding a mythosaur before sailing off into the sunset at hyperspeed with the space whales the season will redeem itself. And in this scenario Bo is in a Princess Leia-style bikini, of course.

At least that's the direction I'd go with it.

Ahmer Baig

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. I have still no idea where this season is headed.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I couldn’t take this last one seriously because of one person - the King or whatever he was playing. You’ve got to be kidding.

Pirlo'sBeard

They have two episodes to save this season. Nowhere near the standard of season one and two.

dove

The Mandalorian was never a very good series to be honest. The acting and the plot is just hilariously bad, the only saving grace was Grogu. However the season 3 is so so bad that it exceeded my expectations in how bad can it get. Kind of hope that next season will be the last.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The first two seasons were already overrated, which was really put in perspective by how much better - in every regard - Andor was. But this third season is just dire.

Disney should just let Tony Gilroy write and manage the Star Wars universe moving forwards. He’s responsible for Rogue One, wrote it, and came in and redirected it after it needed extensive reshoots. Wrote, produced all of Andor, and direct much of it. Rogue One and Andor are far and away the best Star Wars content Disney has produced, by a considerable distance. In fact both are as good or better as anything produced in the original trilogy.

Everything else Disney has created for Star Wars has been appalling. Imagine how good Obi Wan would’ve been as a Gilroy show. Shame.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Finally thought of a proper analogy — it feels like a random Star Wars-themed D&D game that for whatever reason got televised.
Jokes on me for still watching it.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
I love all things Star Wars… but this is dire now. The season seems to have no overall story, just a series of mini stand alone episodes that don’t really develop the characters. Even really old school sci-fi like Star Trek had interesting stand alone with an overall arc.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
"there's too many" as he proceeds to kill them all... ?

I really was expecting Grogu to open the blast doors and rescue his father with the force, but guess they forgot about him having Jedi powers in the writing department. I would also have thought the survivors on the surface would have noticed and Imperial Garrison take up residence, but guess they were off holidaying at that point.

Yes was good though.

That'sHernandez

I love all things Star Wars… but this is dire now. The season seems to have no overall story, just a series of mini stand alone episodes that don’t really develop the characters. Even really old school sci-fi like Star Trek had interesting stand alone with an overall arc.
It has been stand alone episodes which subtly link an overarching story… some of the criticism in here is fair game but a lot of it is just ignorance. There doesn’t have to be an in your face story every time and even DS9, the Trek I assume you are referring to, started its overall arc with small crumbs spread as minor subplots and mentions across the earlier episodes.

If it’s not to your taste that’s fine, just don’t make things up

That'sHernandez

"there's too many" as he proceeds to kill them all... ?

I really was expecting Grogu to open the blast doors and rescue his father with the force, but guess they forgot about him having Jedi powers in the writing department. I would also have thought the survivors on the surface would have noticed and Imperial Garrison take up residence, but guess they were off holidaying at that point.

Yes was good though.
Yeah there were some inconsistencies/plot holes but baby yoda has a mech now and I’m here for it

Hamnat

One of the better episodes of the season. I think they would have done better spreading out meeting the different tribes.

They could have shown Gideon escape episode 3. Start linking him directly with the shadow council sooner. That would have served the big threat that was lacking earlier. And then return to it over several of the slow episodes.

In stead of the Droid heist last episode they could have done with a more relavant flesh out of either the seperate Mando factions. Or the shadow council plans.

But obviously this is setting up Ashoka more. So they might want Thrawn and the shadow council struggles there.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Good to see a larger plot taking shape. I only have a vague idea of Thrawn but based on what everyone says I can't wait to see him in this show or the next.

Anyone else wondering if there was going to be a big twist
with The Armorer in the second half of the episode?

kps88

Anyone else starting to get prequel vibes from the dialogue and acting? Like, just a giant black hole of charisma on screen. Doesn't help that the Mandolorians are all boring, emotionless bastards and this season's had more of them.

Or maybe it was always like this but I was adequately distracted by Grogu and the excellent score/visuals.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The Mandalorian was never a very good series to be honest. The acting and the plot is just hilariously bad, the only saving grace was Grogu. However the season 3 is so so bad that it exceeded my expectations in how bad can it get. Kind of hope that next season will be the last.
You and I just could not be more different - I absolutely love this show (although last couple of episodes - apart from the most recent one - were a bit crap) - it's given us some of the best Star Wars content ever and I'm here for it.

Amir

Anyone else starting to get prequel vibes from the dialogue and acting? Like, just a giant black hole of charisma on screen. Doesn't help that the Mandolorians are all boring, emotionless bastards and this season's had more of them.
This is the way.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Gideon is great, but in the same time such a harmless villain. Is Emperor aware someone like him even exist ? Will he appear in Dracula costume during last episode to save the show ?

Big mando with a minigun dies just when you start to like him... and what's wrong with Bo Katan's face. Is botox made of beskar too ?

Sending Grogu child to war is not the way. Naughty Mandalorians.