The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janson

I haven't bothered replying to him since this post tbh.

Bizzare how he likens Pogba talking out of line to the manager to Mourinho's press conferences. Ones a manager and the other is a player. If anyone doesn't understand the remits they work under given their roles then the discussion is lost on them.
Yeah it's baffling, I don't see why Pogba wouldn't just do the same thing under the next manager.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
I didn’t insult you tbh. Just asked for your reasoning. Helps me understand posters like you. So maybe I could preach a little sense back.

Managerial merry go rounds happen at all the ‘big’ clubs these days. Maybe you need to just understand ‘you’ and us were lucky to have SAF, sink that into your affiliations with the club. If your going to see out the next managers then I don’t truly understand your beef. Acting like Jose Mourinho is all Manchester United stands for. I’m sick of these sit on the fence supporters.
He doesn't stand for Manchester United!

But, he's the manager and I don't want the club giving in to some overrated, social media whore, so he can feck off too and we're still left in a mess

Janson

I didn’t insult you tbh. Just asked for your reasoning. Helps me understand posters like you. So maybe I could preach a little sense back.

Managerial merry go rounds happen at all the ‘big’ clubs these days. Maybe you need to just understand ‘you’ and us were lucky to have SAF, sink that into your affiliations with the club. If your going to see out the next managers then I don’t truly understand your beef. Acting like Jose Mourinho is all Manchester United stands for. I’m sick of these sit on the fence supporters.
You mean you're sick of sensible supporters who don't go to either of the extremes? Who aren't willing to overlook Pogbas behaviour because of their hate of Mourinho? What are we, ancient tribes?

aditya826

I haven't bothered replying to him since this post tbh.

Bizzare how he likens Pogba talking out of line to the manager to Mourinho's press conferences. Ones a manager and the other is a player. If anyone doesn't understand the remits they work under given their roles then the discussion is lost on them.
The manager isn't bigger than the club. If the manager can throw the entire club under the bus to save criticisms about his inept tactics, he has set the precedent. Pogba is doing just the same, throw the manager under the bus to save himself from criticism.

Both are wrong, but you Mourinhoistas usurp a moral high-ground in defending a manager who sets up cowardly on the field and is brash off the field. There isn't ANY.

If you can criticize Mr. Pogba then the same criticisms MUST extend towards the manager.

Greck

Yeah it's baffling, I don't see why Pogba wouldn't just do the same thing under the next manager.
More like Jose will do the same thing with the next set of players. That one isn't even speculation because he's done it repeatedly everywhere

Robbie Boy

Who needs the media when we have a padawan poster, dishing out insults, who will demand answers. I don't have to answer to you, pal

You haven't a clue about my feelings, connections or affiliations to Manchester United, boy! You haven't a notion

I wish you luck on the next managerial go around the club produces....I'll be there though, will you?
You do actually, new forum rules...

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The manager isn't bigger than the club. If the manager can throw the entire club under the bus to save criticisms about his inept tactics, he has set the precedent. Pogba is doing just the same, throw the manager under the bus to save himself from criticism.

Both are wrong, but you Mourinhoistas usurp a moral high-ground in defending a manager who sets up cowardly on the field and is brash off the field. There isn't ANY.

If you can criticize Mr. Pogba then the same criticisms MUST extend towards the manager.
Well said. I do not like what Pogba is doing and wouldn't miss him. Do I trust the club to replace him properly? Do I hell. However I also do not like the way Jose behaves. The football is terrible and as you said, cowardly. His attitude at times is distasteful.

Mainoldo

Can't remember the last time I went out of my way to listen to any of his interviews or press conferences. Not really interested in what he has to say.
Me too lol. Haven’t heard one since Sevilla.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Throwing.the club under the bus? Jesus wept.

JonDahl

Keep pretending that it is only based on what's happening on the field.
What on earth are you on about?

Mourinho has been getting worse and worse in his time here. People have different tethers. For some, like me, it is only about what happenes on the field. Some are offended by his comments which they think disrespect the club. Some don’t like the fact he criticises players in public. Some don’t like the fact he is fighting with the board. As time goes on, he’s shown himself to be doing these things more and more - of course more and more people are gradually going to want him out. Voices will grow and get added to, as he continues to piss off more of the fan base. How is this difficult to understand.

aditya826

Well said. I do not like what Pogba is doing and wouldn't miss him. Do I trust the club to replace him properly? Do I hell. However I also do not like the way Jose behaves. The football is terrible and as you said, cowardly. His attitude at times is distasteful.

Our recruitment is a mess since over a decade now, its not going to change whether its a player's position or if its a leadership position. I've long lost faith on that front. But with Mourinho, I've never liked the man. Not for his football, but there is something in him that rubs me off the wrong way. But have to say his attitude off the pitch isn't helping it one bit. In spite of that, with Mr. Pogba doing what he did, I can't support the player because it just doesn't sit right with me even if it means to virtually side with Mourinho whose behavior is antithetical to a United manager in many ways. Its a very bad situation to be in, I really don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

DomesticTadpole

Our recruitment is a mess since over a decade now, its not going to change whether its a player's position or if its a leadership position. I've long lost faith on that front. But with Mourinho, I've never liked the man. Not for his football, but there is something in him that rubs me off the wrong way. But have to say his attitude off the pitch isn't helping it one bit. In spite of that, with Mr. Pogba doing what he did, I can't support the player because it just doesn't sit right with me even if it means to virtually side with Mourinho whose behavior is antithetical to a United manager in many ways. Its a very bad situation to be in, I really don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.
:(

aditya826

Throwing.the club under the bus? Jesus wept.
"I sit in this chair twice in Champions League and I knockout Manchester United at HOME at Old Trafford. I sit in this chair with Porto and Man United OUT, I sit in this chair with Madrid and Man United OUT. So I don't think its something new for the club."

That's the highest football authority saying those words and those were one of the first words and they were unprompted as most of his digs.

I'd be charitable to assume you really didn't (or bother) watch his post-match Conference.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I was just reading the below BBC article about Sarri and how things are progressing in terms of football, they reference it as 'The owner is happy, the players are happy, the fans are happy'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45657368

With Mourinho it will always be the opposite, he just loves being miserable or there will be times he will pick a fight.

Time to move on.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
"I sit in this chair twice in Champions League and I knockout Manchester United at HOME at Old Trafford. I sit in this chair with Porto and Man United OUT, I sit in this chair with Madrid and Man United OUT. So I don't think its something new for the club."

That's the highest football authority saying those words and those were one of the first words and they were unprompted as most of his digs.

I'd be charitable to assume you really didn't (or bother) watch his post-match Conference.
I did. You clearly didn't get the point he made.

Judas

Open to offers
Jose has publicly appeared like a miserable sod since he arrived, I'm sure at times its been different behind the scenes, but I can't help but feel the club has more often than not been under a big grey cloud for the last couple of years.

DomesticTadpole

I did. You clearly didn't get the point he made.
Why didn't he just say how badly we played, and for once take a bit of the blame? Instead it all evolved into how brilliant he was. Was being the key word. He is still a good manager, but Manchester United need a great manager.

DomesticTadpole

Jose has publicly appeared like a miserable sod since he arrived, I'm sure at times its been different behind the scenes, but I can't help but feel the club has more often than not been under a big grey cloud for the last couple of years.
I agree. You also mentioned elsewhere about if we would replace Pogba properly. Ramsey will be available, he has always wanted to play or us, that is why he snubbed us and went to Arsenal. I could just see them using the Pogba money to overpay him and extend a load of contracts of players we want gone, but they are Jose's Boys. The only contract I want extending are DDG and Shaw's.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why didn't he just say how badly we played, and for once take a bit of the blame? Instead it all evolved into how brilliant he was. Was being the key word. He is still a good manager, but Manchester United need a great manager.
Because he was tactically trying to avoid unnecessary pressure on him or his team and gave the press something contraversial to write about instead. A lot of people, like yourself want to believe every word of his and get upset when he isn't positive of doesn't call Man Utd the temple of football.

Go look at the results we had after Sevilla. Youl find it worked.

Robbie Boy

To be fair, Joses actions after Sevilla were a disgrace.
Yes they certainly were and how anyone can say otherwise is completely beyond me. Still though, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and only started wanting him out recently.

DomesticTadpole

Because he was tactically trying to avoid unnecessary pressure on him or his team and gave the press something contraversial to write about instead. A lot of people, like yourself want to believe every word of his and get upset when he isn't positive of doesn't call Man Utd the temple of football.

Well I hope all this works against WHU tomorrow. Knowing Jose it will and he will go on a run, then we will go into another slump or get an absolute spanking off a big team to bring us back to our senses again.

aditya826

Oh really? Could you explain what was the 'tactical' motive of him using them quotes. How did it avoid the unnecessary pressure when he literally lost half of this fanbase that day? If he hadn't said those words there probably wouldn't be a 'Mourinho Out Thread' on this platform. That was nothing but a self-sabotage. An implosion. In any other club, it'd be considered as him asking for the sack. Bear in mind, Mourinho could have had a go at a million other things, he could have taken digs at Montella, at the fans, at the referees, at the pitch conditions, at the shape of football, at the ball-boys, at UEFA etc. He could have picked any one he wanted but he chose to undermine the club. And not just that he chose to use his successes at other clubs to humiliate Sir Alex's Man United. That was just Mourinho betraying his narcissism which is his very true nature. You guys pretend Mourinho is a God who really is infallible and has somehow worked everything out, when it really isn't the case. You live on delusions and disparage us because we don't share your delusions.

But really how and why do you Mourinhoistas have the authority to interpret his statements when all you are doing is projecting your own wishful thinking on the manager? Why such liberties aren't extended to those who defend Pogba?

SER19

I was just reading the below BBC article about Sarri and how things are progressing in terms of football, they reference it as 'The owner is happy, the players are happy, the fans are happy'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45657368

With Mourinho it will always be the opposite, he just loves being miserable or there will be times he will pick a fight.

Time to move on.
Was tha a cut and paste from contes first few months? Or basically every manager they’ve had in the last decade. I really wouldn’t use Chelsea’s situation as a template for stability or progression. They’ve done well under abramovich but should really be further along than they are. Which is the uefa cup.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Oh really? Could you explain what was the 'tactical' motive of him using them quotes. How did it avoid the unnecessary pressure when he literally lost half of this fanbase that day? If he hadn't said those words there probably wouldn't be a 'Mourinho Out Thread' on this platform. That was nothing but a self-sabotage. An implosion. In any other club, it'd be considered as him asking for the sack. Bear in mind, Mourinho could have had a go at a million other things, he could have taken digs at Montella, at the fans, at the referees, at the pitch conditions, at the shape of football, at the ball-boys, at UEFA etc. He could have picked any one he wanted but he chose to undermine the club. And not just that he chose to use his successes at other clubs to humiliate Sir Alex's Man United. That was just Mourinho betraying his narcissism which is his very true nature. You guys pretend Mourinho is a God who really is infallible and has somehow worked everything out, when it really isn't the case. You live on delusions and disparage us because we don't share your delusions.

But really how and why do you Mourinhoistas have the authority to interpret his statements when all you are doing is projecting your own wishful thinking on the manager? Why such liberties aren't extended to those who defend Pogba?
I've already explained in previous posts. I have no interest in repeating, particularly to you.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yes they certainly were and how anyone can say otherwise is completely beyond me. Still though, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and only started wanting him out recently.
The Sevilla game pissed me off no end because it just seemed like we had very little preparation and we under estimated a decent team. But I was willing to give him time given he had made decent signings and we were at least getting results despite playing shite football. Now the results are starting to disappear I don't see any reason to keep him frankly. Why would we? Bad football, bad results and he's a dick (our dick, but he's still a dick).

I'm generally struggling to find a positive reason right now. Even history isn't on his side, he's never turned around situations like this and always get sacked. So... we keep him because he's improved our results in the last two seasons and won us two trophies? We assume the 2018 form is simply a blip? That our attackers will all suddenly find form and start working together again or are we resting all our hope on Carrick and McKenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.