The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick321

Created nothing in a home game, that will probably please him. Or he'll moan about how much time Juve have had to put their team together, he needs the same bla bla, the usual excuses. So sick of this. Can take not being good, I've seen us win enough to last me a life time but can't take us acting like Dagenham on their big day away to Arsenal every week!

I hate this man so much, he's not the right character for this club or the right fit tactically. Please just get rid of him. Oh well, I'm sure a centre back will solve all our problems.

Baxter

Giving it the treble sign after being rinsed by the Juve fans.

He’s living in the past. fecking clueless.

PoTMS

Get rid of him. Letting Matic and Lukaku get away with this shit is fecking unforgivable. The fact that all our players play better with their national team has to point fingers at the coaching.

FromTheBench

He'd rather go down meekly than putting on Chong in attack and give the crowd and team a lift.

Sums him up.

Defensive past it manager.

PoTMS

How fickle are some of our fans though? The 5% who let two halves of football against Newcastle and Chelsea change their mind and wanted to keep Mou in.

DRM

Go but there's no point discussing it, he's not leaving till the end of season

bleedred

He'd rather go down meekly than putting on Chong in attack and give the crowd and team a lift.

Sums him up.

Its also a message to the media and the board, I don't have any better players.

He did the same with chelsea in his first year when Roman didn't buy him a striker.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout

Sums him up.

One of the many many sackable offences he's committed this season.

Clueless shithole of a club administration will still not sack him. 6 years, 600m+ and we are still stuck with this shit. Common denominator? Ed Woodward.

Neo_Mufc

I cannot wait till this cnut leaves our club. I'm going to pull out the expensive scotch and treat myself.

BlahRules

He didn’t give a flying monkey if we won or lost, and it shows his attitude when we were behind.

I hope he leaves in his own accord but he won’t as he wants his severance package and Woodward don’t want to payout. In the end we are the ones that are left suffering.

bleedred

Does he even know how to coach a team anymore?
Our players can't even do the basics properly. The basics that you need to be a footballer let alone for a club in Top division and aiming to contend for the league.

It cannot be due to anything other than coaching. Its not just one or two. As a team the standards have completely dropped.

Minimalist

I'd really love to know what positives his defenders could have at this point...

I just watch because I don't know anything else. But by god it's boring and it's clearly substantially down to his management.

Jagga7

That first half was just more evidence of how out of touch he is in modern day football. No pressing, the whole team was just camped in their own half.
He's still playing the tactics that he used against the great Barcelona team.

We look far better when we press and move the team up the field. I think we have a quality team in us but Mourinho is holding us back. Get rid ASAP.

Hamadovich86

This is LVG level of boring and Moyes level of clueless, sack him, sack half the squad and rebuild from the ground up to compete again in the next 3-5 years.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ander Herrera won POTY mainly playing as DM, so what does he do, he goes and gets Matic. The money could have been spent better on a RW.

3KDré

We create so few chances with the players he bought and it’s still supposedly on the players...

SirAF

Ageist
I’m not so sure. Mourinho could very well be gone «soon», but is it going to get better after that? People said the same thing after Moyes and the same thing after LvG aaand..

Raw

Remember when he used to be an absolute goliath in home games?

2 home games won this season. Leicester at the start where we weren't that good, and Newcastle which had us 2-0 down until the 70th minute.

He's not the same manager any more.

bondsname

Man I wish Mourinho would've told the players at half time "Play like United did in 07" and we would've won for sure.

SteveW

Why is he still here?

Emery is at Arsenal a few weeks and they've won 10 in a row and are scoring goals like that one last night.

Sarri the same and Chelsea are unbeaten and fighting for top spot.

This is his 3rd season, he's spent half a billion and 6th place looks about as much as we can realistically hope for.

E-mal

@SirAF In your opinion do you think what we are showing at the moment is good enough for a club our status?
Do you think Jose has done well with the resources available to him? Do you think getting a defender in the summer would have changed our approach to today's game?

Status
Not open for further replies.