The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Zidane isn’t the answer. I don’t know who is, but if Jose’s at the point where he’s picking deliberately shit teams to prove stupid little points to people, falling out with our best players and just generally dragging everyone down, what’s is the actual point in keeping him on? To see just how bad it can get and who we lose because of it? To save a few quid?

No one genuinely thinks he can turn it around, do they? Let’s be honest. He’s never done it before. Everything from here on in is just gonna be about proving some kind of small, meaningless point. Bit mental.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
No that's perfectly fine so long as it is mutually agreed. It would normally include a gagging clause for the duration.

If he wants to disappear into obscurity he sits at home and takes his pay.

As soon as someone else hires him the pay stops, but the gagging clause can stay in effect for a reasonable duration beyond that.
Problem is that I can't see it being mutual.

Jose has too much pride

m1tch

His fault or not, I don't think he's got 11 players that are good enough and will play for him. As such I think it's only a matter of time before he's sacked. An expensive and underwhelming end, with not much to suggest the future will be any better any time soon.

clarkydaz

Zidane isn’t the answer. I don’t know who is, but if Jose’s at the point where he’s picking deliberately shit teams to prove stupid little points to people, falling out with our best players and just generally dragging everyone down, what’s is the actual point in keeping him on? To see just how bad it can get and who we lose because of it? To save a few quid?

No one genuinely thinks he can turn it around, do they? Let’s be honest. He’s never done it before. Everything from here on in is just gonna be about proving some kind of small, meaningless point. Bit mental.
For Sanchez' wages

Ahsan_6386

The worst part or rather the saddest part in all of this was how clear it was from the start of pre season that all this was going happen . Everyone from opposition fans to the pundits to our own fans knew that Jose was going to lose the plot . The signs were already showing since January that Jose was losing the dressing room with major infighting . He was going to throw everyone under the bus this season and he has done that . All our talented players have issues with him and want out . The board doesn't have any confidence in him and they didn't back him in the transfer window . So the writing on the wall was showing all along while we all hoped and prayed that it wasn't that way .

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
The tactical choice of including McTominay in a back three has been nothing short of absolutely shocking. He should be publicly spanked outside of OT for it.
Execs should show mercy on all involved and axe this loon.

Tango80

I don't really care when we get rid of him, but please please please United fans, don't hire a sodding plane

Canagel

I'd like us to get him out before we play Juventus, City, Chelsea. Save ourselves from being embarrassed. Right now playing like this we have no chance.There's nothing to look forward too anymore. If we get him out we can look to the rest of the season with a bit more optimism until we get the DOF. The club must act immediately.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Look, let there be no mistake, Jose wants the club to sack him with a decent payoff. He’s not interested in turning it around.
Woodwork knows this and is desperate to avoid giving him the payoff, which presumably means sacking him when the season is so poor that it voids some of the reimbursement.
Disagree.
JM is already a very rich man.
He is highly egotistical; it is all about him.
He is a proven winner who hates loosing and to fail at United will have a huge impact on his credibility.

Yes he has made errors of judgment but he has been badly let down by the club and his players.

I bow to Sir Bobby Charlton who did not want Mourinho. Hope he has a say in the replacement.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
So we are in a Chelsea/Conte situation, except we haven't got a new manager looking on.
IMHO it only ends with him being sacked, because he isn’t interested in turning things around here. He’s bigger than the club, little man united aren’t good enough for him, all the clubs fault....so he’s just waiting to be paid off

ash_86

I'd like us to get him out before we play Juventus, City, Chelsea. Save ourselves from being embarrassed. Right now playing like this we have no chance.There's nothing to look forward too anymore. If we get him out we can look to the rest of the season with a bit more optimism until we get the DOF. The club must act immediately.
Yikes. Are they one after the other?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
So the mighty Bolton beat Derby County today. Anything other than wins against Valencia and Newcastle and Mourinho's gone imo.

We have Chelsea, Juve and Everton after the break.

Canagel

Will leave it here. See Jose's comments on Hazard and Sarri's and the difference in mindset.

He should go for this alone. Since when did media/fan opinion affect his decisions? It's a sign of a manager with weak control.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Disagree.
He is a proven winner who hates loosing and to fail at United will have a huge impact on his credibility.

Yes he has made errors of judgment but he has been badly let down by the club and his players.

I bow to Sir Bobby Charlton who did not want Mourinho. Hope he has a say in the replacement.
Respect your opinion but I disagree. His ego will say that he won at United, delivered 3 trophies in 2 years before the club let him down.
It’s been proved before that he puts personal fall outs with players/staff above the good of the team.
Also, him being wealthy is irrelevant. Everyone, rich or poor, wants more and tbh, him hanging about for a payoff is the thing I don’t disagree with....I know for a fact I’d do the same

slyadams

This feels like both LVG’s last season and Moyes’ season. Everyone knows he’s a lame duck, he cannot turn it around and everyday he’s still here feels like a total waste of time.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It's gutting to see what is going on.
It is basically Civil war, between fans and the players.
Some want Jose gone. Some want him to be given a chance.

I am honestly reaching breaking point, now. Jose needs to turn this ship around, but whenever I say that, we lose.
He won't be sacked before top 4 is mathematically out of reach, but man....Jose is making himself hard to support.

For the time being, I am Jose In.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Disagree.

He's been let down by Jesus.

lilcurt

I see your point, however from a momentum point-of-view the club may want to wait until after those fixtures. Can you imagine he goes now and however else is in charge loses those three fixtures... Will be very hard to pick the players and fans up for the rest of the season.

Canagel

Yikes. Are they one after the other?
Juventus first game and Chelsea are back to back and then we play Everton, Bournemouth before Juventus 2nd game and City back to back. Some tough times ahead. It's going to get worse.

crossy1686

career ending
He should go for this alone. Since when did media/fan opinion affect his decisions? It's a sign of a manager with weak control.
As shit as things are right now, that is the definition of taking something out of context and blowing up a story, which is not what we need. The bloke who posted that tweet is either a massive bellend or is illiterate and deaf.

beergod

I'm not sure any one person can turn it around at this point. We need a restructure on the playing side of the club that doesn't involve Woodward being the primary decision maker. I doubt that happens because Woodward won't give up any authority and we'll end up with the same shit all over again. It's hard enough to be successful when everyone at the club is pulling in the same direction, and we haven't been doing that since Gill and Fergie were running things.

Things will only get worse because the owners are too cheap to sack him and this circus between Jose/Woodward/the players will only devolve further with all of the massive egos involved.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Yeah me too! I can’t remember being so pissed off by football! I wasn’t as worried in the moyes era because I had a feeling he would be sacked but I can’t see Mourinho getting the same treatment. I do think we also need to sell Pogba too though
That is for another thread, buuuut if Mourinho leaves, maybe we could get another manager who would get the best out of Pogba?

Right now, the most important thing is to get a new manager, this is going to end bad if not.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It's gutting to see what is going on.
It is basically Civil war, between fans and the players.
Some want Jose gone. Some want him to be given a chance.

I am honestly reaching breaking point, now. Jose needs to turn this ship around, but whenever I say that, we lose.
He won't be sacked before top 4 is mathematically out of reach, but man....Jose is making himself hard to support.

For the time being, I am Jose In.
How much time does he need? 2 and quarter season? I was pro jose but after league cup i had enough of it. Ultra shite football, constant negativity, negative tactics against dog shite teams at home... No fecking improvement. Its sad to see such an accomplished manager fail but Manchester United is bigger and he hasn't done anything for our club to warrant such love.

Because of him, I am not able to enjoy football anymore! A season wasted. Jose can't get away with this now.

Moonred

In ideal world he would be in and players out. Players today are in charge in big clubs. Reign of coaches who are the boss like Jose, Fergie or Wenger is over. Now it is friendly "lets be friends" managers era.
Today manager can't say bad word to player. Pathetic times
In an ideal world he would already be out. Unfortunately there’s boatload of money involved and we have to wait for mathematical equations to take shape. Pathetic times.

C'est Moi Cantona

Thing is he wants out, if it wasn't us it'd be nice to just let him continue and see how bad it can actually get, reckon there's a while to go just yet though.

ash_86

Juventus first game and Chelsea are back to back and then we play Everton, Bournemouth before Juventus 2nd game and City back to back. Some tough times ahead. It's going to get worse.
That's brutal. Ronaldo vs Lindelof must be fun

Aresma7

McTominay the new Messi in Mourinhos eyes.. poor kid. He should not have played CB today when you have Bailly there. I don’t get him.. why is Lukaku never critisized?

As a player it’s hard to play well for your manager when you don’t respect him any longer. And it seems the group is divided which makes the whole play less fluid. I think Zidane is someone every player respects, he could come in with Evra and bring some harmony back in the team, socially at least. Maybe players like Sanchez and Martial starts doing well, and maybe Bailly will step up too!!

Schmeichel=God

Exactly. Woodward has a lot to answer for here also. As a club overall we are behind the times with our player and managerial acquisitions. We will also be behind the rest of the queue for even second tier players soon if we don't get our act in order.

I still can't believe the club allowed Ferguson and Gill to leave at the same time. We've been amateurs all around for multiple years now. Woodward might spin the glories of the income statement, but that and the balance sheet will suffer in the coming years if those at the top allow these management errors to compound into the future.

As a side point, it's crazy to think that Moyes would still have a year to run on his original contract if he was still around.

Mourinho though, has to go asap. How long do you actually wait? It depends on their communication, Jose and Ed. If Jose can convince Ed he still has ideas and has tangible changes of approach up his sleeve, then I can understand Ed waiting a little longer. But in reality we're in real trouble. The idea of Man United not chopping and changing managers is long gone. Whilst I get the reasons behind waiting, why delay the inevitable is my question?

It's time to make a change.

Devil81

How far do they let this situation go before making the decision we know is coming anyway? These players are going to keep losing games through lack effort for their manager and it's going to be a season without Champions league if this carries on.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Changing our manager is definitely going to solve all of our problems, like the last 2 times we changed our manager. Let Mourinho at least try to sort this club out, no one else we bring in will have the balls to.
We have been making shit appointments since fergie. We only have to get it right once. I hope it's the next one.

joleb

I am really lost and sad to tell you the truth.

We've had 3 managers so far, 2 of them world class... Surely, it cant always be the manager fault, or is it?

I still think that Mou is better than Zidane, but something gotta change.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
One of the saddest parts of this whole saga is that the United post is the job that Jose seemingly coveted the most. If it reaches the very unfortunate conclusion which seems to be being played out right now I doubt he very much he could possibly have envisaged his tenure ending in such humiliating fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.