The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He wasn't getting fired unless we got absolutely tanked tonight.
What's worrying me is we so need to go behind to play well. It puts to bed the notion that apathy is our way of playing our way into a game since its Palace and fecking Young Boys.
True that.

I honestly don't know what to say that has not already been said. Just a matter of time and patience I guess.

Fracture90

I decided to support UTD because my grandfather gave a VHS of the 96/97 season review and Solskjaer (from my country) was hot shit then.
You decided? Funny enough I never had to make a choice whether to support a certain team, I kinda just feel some attraction to it, some passion for it. But each to their own I guess.

Were you perchance a football person prior to having a pleasure of watching those VHS tapes?

We were winning a lot I guess.
Yet, we were a propa hot stuff back then !

Womp

idiot
How is he still the manager? I was willing to give him this last season as honestly he's out of fecking excuses now. He tried, he failed, wasn't the first, nor will he be the last manager to struggle here. Sack him and move on.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That post match interview, he's great at bigging himself up. Unreal, can't stand him anymore.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Batters rashford post match. Bums his own champions league record. Fantastic

saivet

Was going to say decent post match interview from him, then he starts boasting about his group stage record.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He is not going to be sacked until it is impossible to qualify for the Champions league. Not until we are out of the champions league and not making the top 4.

He should be sacked earlier, but he wont be.
This. A draw most likely sees us through to the last 16 but a win just confirmed it earlier. The board just see it as us getting closer to progressing in the CL.

RedDevilRoshi

He was happy with the intensity that we showed?

What bloody intensity was that?? Hardly any intensity from our players

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Tonight out of the 11 starting, 3 were bought in by Jose. Hardly his team.

I agree we need a more attacking outlook, but as evidenced tonight, we’re not good enough to throw caution to the wind yet. That’s why Jose tries to grind out results, because we’re so poor going forward that we can’t rely on our forwards to put the game out of sight.
We got decidedly worse when two of his signings came on. Overall they’ve just not been good enough.

I had no issue with the attacking intent tonight. We went for it and it should have been over by half time. The top 5 club’s forwards would have killed that game but we don’t have the quality, worse still when they’re lacking confidence. The lack of a plan in the second half was just horrible.

The problems go well beyond Mourinho but he’s had time to produce better than this - Both in the transfer market and on the training pitch - It isn’t good enough. I still think Woodward still has to be the first out the door. The rot starts with him given the Glazers are here to stay.

That said we probably win our next three games and this place will shift opinion. Again.

LoveFootball

Jose is the curse the devil send to us to remind us that we have to renew our pact with him. This team remind me of a worse version of Sam Allardyce'S Bolton Wanderers.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The post match comments about him always making the ko stages is a bit like Trump. I think Mou should consider creating a Twitter account.

Dan_F

Let’s be honest, even the biggest Jose fan can’t deny that this is only going to end one way. The team isn’t suddenly going to start playing attractive football, whether it’s Jose’s fault or the players is irrelevant, as we can’t sack a whole team.

This was Mourinho’s chance to prove he can build a team long term, and it hasn’t come close to working. I completely agree that we need a experienced defender, but why has he bought two 35 million pound players, when the last thing we needed was more average squad players. Why has he bought Fred for £50 million, when we have Pereira who is more than capable of filling that role.

I like Mourinho, but he’s vastly underperforming, and would have been long out of the job in most top teams.

Mick321

He’s a disgusting little man, can’t wait till he’s gone. Crap manager and even worse person.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Still don't think it's all Jose's fault, some of the players are awful.

BUT, Jose coaches them, chooses the team/tactics/subs and it's not working.

Don't see the point in waiting, regardless of it saving us a few million. Rather make a change now, get a new manager in and give him six months to decide which players to keep/get rid of, what new players are needed and start coaching a style/tactic ready for 2019/20.

ash_86

What was there to enjoy with that performance? Football is more about the result, it’s the 90 minutes. We sucked for 70 minutes of that match and didn’t deserve to win. It’s pathetic and it’s happening more and more.

1 goal in 3 home CL matches from man united is just unheard of.
C'mon you cannot say with the straight face that Young Boys played better than us. There were so many missed opportunities with Mata, Fellaini and Rashford not hitting the target. Agreed that our perfromances should be much better than what we're showing right now. But we just qualified for Ro16 from a decent group. It's not so difficult to forget the season for a moment and enjoy a win.

SirAF

Ageist
You decided? Funny enough I never had to make a choice whether to support a certain team, I kinda just feel some attraction to it, some passion for it. But each to their own I guess.

Were you perchance a football person prior to having a pleasure of watching those VHS tapes?

Nope, had no interest prior to watching United. I’m not ashamed to say that I would never have started to support United if they were not winning. Why would I? I live in bloody Norway. The key, however, is that I have been «in love» with the club since about 97, so I’m not going to quit even if they are not winning today..

Then, as I got older, I obviously read up on the history of the club and immersed my self and so on. I’d elaborte further, but it’s late and I’m typing on my iPad!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Thanks! I try. :D
You are dead right though. We play like Stoke. Compare our attacking play to City or Liverpool. We are miles different. They have method to their attacking play. We rely on luck.

We have good players though. So if we get a more attacking manager you would see better play.

Adam-Utd

Rio is in serious breaking point isn’t he?

God knows he and Scholes can sit there with brave faces on.

PlayerOne

What did he say?
Had a go at Mourinho about the football we play, said it's not good enough. Didn't like the celebration, and wasn't a fan of the post match interview, Rio didn't like how Mourinho always makes it about himself. Didn't say Jose should get sacked but it's clear he's not a fan, didn't have anything positive to say.

ROFLUTION

So was his showing of fustration and discontent for Rashford to the old trafford crowd, the TV screen, the Public, the staff something I should be understanding as Jose's feelings?

Im alright thanks. I saw how the guy reacted today and he has an army that has him at the top and about 5 players at max that he deems vital to his tactics. He is fustrated and angry with eveyrthing that is not in that circle and was relieved when he and his circle were able to get out of another shite performance.

AKA relief and frustration.

It's all well and good when your frustrated by the 90th min because the game hasnt gone your way but after sulking at your bench and showing everyone 'this is why i dont pick rashford as striker' type language in the first 20 mins of a game - the frustration is something he is carrying well before the match started mate.

Take care though. Hope you enjoyed the goal and the match. You are a better United supporter than me x
I can definitely understand Mou. Rashford has been absolutely dreadful and so wasteful lately. That miss in the beginning :eek:

+ When you look at the attitudes sometimes, it must be incredibly frustrating that your reputation is on the line because some players can't really be arsed or are simply not good enough. But at the same time fans are all over you for spelling out the obvious that every one feels including the fans themselves.

I don't think Mou should vent his frustration about our players in the media, but even Fergie was fuming on the sidelines. I'm just saying he should of course be allowed to celebrate after such a frustrating performance from some of the players.

Rajma

The post match comments about him always making the ko stages is a bit like Trump. I think Mou should consider creating a Twitter account.
And people laugh at the suggestion that Jose’s cult on here is comparable to trumpists. Narcissists are able to get the blind following, that’s the feature they all share.

Fracture90

Nope, had no interest prior to watching United. I’m not ashamed to say that I would never have started to support United if they were not winning. Why would I? I live in bloody Norway. The key, however, is that I have been «in love» with the club since about 97, so I’m not going to quit even if they are not winning today..

Then, as I got older, I obviously read up on the history of the club and immersed my self and so on. I’d elaborte further, but it’s late and I’m typing on my iPad!
No problem, it's okay. Thanks for your honesty at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.