The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redIndianDevil

I think Mourinho is genuinely trying to get himself fired as soon as possible, because no sane manager would pick a team like he did last night. Lingard, Martial were fit but didn't start. We could have easily played a 4-3-3 with Shaw-Jones-Rojo(or any other u23/u21 CB if Rojo was so crap)-Dalot/Young, Pogba-Matic-Fred/Herrera, Martial-Rashford/Lukaku-Lingard. We are anyway badly coached but if we keep repeating the same formation and similar players over and over again our players might find it a bit easy instead of starting over every week.

WPMUFC

I think Mourinho is genuinely trying to get himself fired as soon as possible, because no sane manager would pick a team like he did last night. Lingard, Martial were fit but didn't start. We could have easily played a 4-3-3 with Shaw-Jones-Rojo(or any other u23/u21 CB if Rojo was so crap)-Dalot/Young, Pogba-Matic-Fred/Herrera, Martial-Rashford/Lukaku-Lingard. We are anyway badly coached but if we keep repeating the same formation and similar players over and over again our players might find it a bit easy instead of starting over every week.
Jose could've easily gone

Dalot Rojo Jones Shaw
Herrera
Fred Pogba
Mata Lukaku Martial

He chooses his "yes men" favourites and doesn't care about anything else now.

There is no reason to start Young/Matic, he does it because they are "team jose"

red4ever 79

Gave myself some space from the caf after the game in order to calm down. My thoughts are: What an abomination of a line up, and what sh*t housery tactics from the manager. A Manchester United spine of Matic, Fellaini and Lukaku says everything about this guy. Yesterday we were playing one of the worst Premier league teams I have seen and we were 2-0 down to them. Pathetic. This cnut needs to go and take his sh*t housery behaviour with him

meamth

Changed my vote.

Never in my lifetime Man Utd is as irrelevant as it is now.

Hire someone young please.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
There’s no excuses for this shit anymore. £400m spent over 3 windows. Quality players signed and turned into crap. No playing style, no consistency. Surely the decision to sack Mourinho is a no brainer.

Alex1982

Changed my vote from ‘more time’ to yes.

The Crystal Palace and Southampton games were the final straw for me. A great opportunity to kick on against a run of ‘weaker’ teams but some astoundingly bizarre team selections (left Martial out against Southampton for example) and his general attitude have led to me giving up on him.

I only hope the board do the same and we try and salvage the season.

Personally I would let Jardim have it until the end of the season with a view to taking him on as permanent manager.

StretfordEnd95

Why the hell would you want to play Lingard? Is just because he's an academy product? Because like Rashford, he's absolutely garbage.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Have Arsenal spent more than us since Mourinho took over? Spurs? They spent zilch this summer. Why are they doing better than us? Why is there a clear coached pattern in their play?

I seem to remember one of the loved arguments of a certain number of posters here to yet again hopelessly and unconvincingly defend Mourinho was that whoever spends more ends up higher on the table...

flappyjay

I can't believe people thought that, even back then!

Oh ffs :lol: How about at least matching the likes of Arsenal and Spurs?
Jose fans seem to forget there isn't just one team ahead of us. We also get outplayed by bottom half teams

StretfordEnd95

He is actually decent and much better than any other right sided option we have.
And that's a massive problem, we aren't going to win titles with players like Lingard in the team just because of few good games out of several average/poor ones. Yes Fergie may have won the PL with the likes of Cleverly and Anderson but that was back in the day players weren't dicking about on social media.

Last edited by a moderator:

MDFC Manager

Have Arsenal spent more than us since Mourinho took over? Spurs? They spent zilch this summer. Why are they doing better than us? Why is there a clear coached pattern in their play?

I seem to remember one of the loved arguments of a certain number of posters here to yet again hopelessly and unconvincingly defend Mourinho was that whoever spends more ends up higher on the table...
That argument is only to compare with City and Pep.

For comparison with the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool, the argument is that they've won feck all, whereas we've won the glorious Europa league and the league cup :drool:

Giggsyking

For comparison with the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool, the argument is that they've won feck all, whereas we've won the glorious Europa league and the league cup :drool:
In fact Arsenal won many FA cups, not only that, they were the better team in europa league last season even though they got knocked out by Atletico Madrid who was very lucky to go through. While we, were worse than the likes of Celtavigo and Anderlecht ffs.

Last edited:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Imagine thinking Mourinho needs more time and he himself is trying to get himself fired. Reminds me of my mate whose girlfriend is cheating him all the time, and everyone knows it except him.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football

Ah yes I should've guessed. Shifty feckers them lot. Always twisting and turning their excuses according to how the situation develops, always crawling and slithering around hissing "tooop reeehheeehheeddd".

They have invested too much into this mourinho fairytale, slithered too far in (not goint to say into where to avoid warning) to admit their mistake. It's not about the man anymore, their pride is on the lind.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Can’t say he hasn’t built a team in his image. He’s been a dour twat since day one, thunderously miserable since the summer and I’ve never seen a team of footballers look like they hate playing football more than the sour-faced cnuts that turn out for United these days.

PoTMS

When did Chelsea sack him? Surely it was around this time? They were languishing in tenth place, if I recall correctly.

Litch

Can’t say he hasn’t built a team in his image. He’s been a dour twat since day one, thunderously miserable since the summer and I’ve never seen a team of footballers look like they hate playing football more than the sour-faced cnuts that turn out for United these days.
Couldn't agree more...

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He is actually decent and much better than any other right sided option we have.
He plays on the right? That’s news to me.

You look at his performances and it seems like he runs around everywhere except the position he’s supposed to be in. Our RW has been literally non-existent because of players like Mata and Lingard who always are always in the #10 position cramping up the middle.

mostar94

We all know Mourinho needs to and will leave but nothing will be the same as long as Woodward is in charge. I knew it was over for us as a club the moment I saw Woodward in that interview talking about how the Sanchez transfer generated more views and likes on twitter than the Neymar transfer. If you have a man in charge that talks and thinks like that then we are a business and will always been seen like one no matter which players or managers come.

I remember at work once we were shown a video about a man who stole millions from his company and faced years in jail. In the interview he stated that the ONLY reason he did it was that because others around him were being rewarded while he was getting nothing. Imagine finishing second and then you see teams like Everton go outspend you. Another reason of his was that he didn't have a manager to guide him or for him to get support from, now how many times do you think Mourinho or the next manager will sit down with Woodward to speak. I personally think its a few times a year to speak about transfer targets.

MDFC Manager

Ah yes I should've guessed. Shifty feckers them lot. Always twisting and turning their excuses according to how the situation develops, always crawling and slithering around hissing "tooop reeehheeehheeddd".

They have invested too much into this mourinho fairytale, slithered too far in (not goint to say into where to avoid warning) to admit their mistake. It's not about the man anymore, their pride is on the lind.
:lol:

And oh man, that bolded paragraph is so so true. Absolutely spot on.

Last edited:

Farfetched

It would seem to me that yesterday performance was a statement that he is gone, formations that leave players positioned on the pitch like training cones, players attitudes and an acceptance of poor play demonstrated that no one is able to rectify the current shortcomings. it’s no longer an if, it’s now just a when he goes. That will be like the last two, out of all cups and no chance of a top four finish then the sacking.

Reactions: Penna

Vadim

Summed up perfectly.

It doesn’t matter how much more money Jose gets to spend, we’ll always have depressed players whilst he is manager.

He’s got to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.