The much awaiting Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=10609&itype=466&iCategoryID=119

You would probably label me as a liar again. But there again I can assure you that this story is true.

I wasn’t personally involved in the entire story but I have heard this story from Gary Neville himself who happens to be the biggest mate of a great friend of mine. This friend of mine takes care of the Gary Neville school in Malta and is a close friend of the English international (http://www.maltamigration.com/news/times86542.shtml ) and Gaz with the guy. He told us the aftermath of this sour experience that left SAF furious, and May kicked to the first plane to Manchester

But lets start from the beginning. It was August and Manchester United accepted the invitation of Birkirkara FC (a local club) to play a friendly against them. Birkirkara FC was owned by Mr Zammit, one of the richest guys on the island whom thanks to him he managed to turn a small Maltese side into one of the leading clubs in Malta and that was achieved by signing the best local talent available. Now for the club centenary he wanted something glamorous, and what is more glamorous than bringing the richest club in the world to Malta to play against his side? An impossible task you may think, but possible if you have the right links and the right money.

SAF had promised the Maltese a few years before that he would one day bring the entire team back to Malta, and he saw this occasion as ideal to keep his promise. Ok Birkirkara committed themselves to pay for all the expenses but from what I know Manchester United had earned nothing out of that game.

SAF knowing how much the Maltese love Manchester United brought all the players to Malta even those who were injured but could afford to miss the therapy. In fact if I remember well only Brown and Bosnich missed the trip to Malta. As usual, I was one of those who were given the task of taking care of the players, an easier job than I first thought thanks to Gary Neville’s help (man that is what I call a leader)

My limited experience with Manchester United players had thought me three things. A) They are professionals in and off the pitch. B) They are the most down to Earth ppl in the world. C) They know how to enjoy themselves, and it was the C which had put us into unneccassary trouble

The evening before the game we decided (with SAF consent) to go and enjoy the Maltese nightlife. The Nevilles and Beckham were the ‘veterans’ of this Islands and knew the right places to go without the need to consult the us. Therefore at 10 pm wearing baseball caps we (2 Maltese ‘guides’, the Nevilles, Beckham and May) were all off to Paceville, a place 10 minutes away (with a taxi) from our hotel.

At about 11am David May left the group, and it took us 2 hours to find him. We found him into another discoteque, flirting with the local girls and drunk. Gaz immediately opted to go back to the hotel and that caused an argument inside the group expecailly with Beckham who was really enjoying himself and didn’t want to end everything just because Maysie got drunk. In that argument Maysie managed to return to the dance floor, and until we could notice that, we suddenly heard a scream, and a beautiful girl turning around and slap Maysie on his face.

We ran towards Maysie and I remember Gaz asking him what was going on. Maysie told us with a smile on his face that he had touched the girls butt and that she hit him back. Yet Maysie smile was soon going to change into fear when from the right side an angry 6ft bodybuilder (+ 4 friends of his) raced angrily towards him, to break his face.

Me and Beckham moved towards the guy to calm the girls boyfriend down but it was as if trying to calm a raging bull. He started to shout at us as Gaz and co tried to move out of the scenes. Seeing that, the man got more nervous and hit Beckhams cap which felt down, exposing his face to the entire public

Luckily for us this man happened to be a Manchester United supporter and meeting Beckham face to face was enough to melt away man’s anger. He ‘forgiven’ Maysie and helped us get out from the ppl (who turned into signature predators) as long all of them gave him a signature something that seeing the situations Becks and co were more happy to give to him

We returned to the hotel as soon as we got out of the discoteque. Silence ruled as Gaz called the Gaffer to tell him the entire story (for fear that he would know it from someone else). At the hotel we fount SAF waiting in the reception. He was furious but kept himself calm in front of us, and only said that he wanted to talk with the players ASAP.

The day after May packed everything and left Malta. Official reports said that May got injured but we all knew the story.

Now let the circus begin

jrsenior

So where in this story did you " witness a SAF hairdryer" ?
Liar!

Davo

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So you didn't actually even pretend to witness Demento's rage this time around..

You were the hero this time round mind....not just the phone provider...

EricTheRed

Is it possible Dev is telling the truth?

I mean, who could make up such a tale and keep a straight face?

devilish said:
Me and Beckham ....
That's the best bit.

Got any photos of you & the lads together Dev?

kf

Bit disappointed there's no return encounter with the Rusholme whore here dev. That was my favourite bit from part one. Make sure she's back for part three mate.

Nate

Poached vegetables a speciality
So how far did this blokes forgiveness go then Dev?

Would he have forgiven May if his bird had been sucking him off?

Murt

They dont believe you Dev.
Show em a photo of yourself with Beckham, that'll show the doubters.
Throw in nr III while your at it btw.

jrsenior

It was an interesting reat about this Barkrakar FC team owned by
Mr. Zammit.
How he managed to " turn a small Maltese side into one of the leading clubs in Malta " is beyond me. How did the big clubs in Malta
react to this?

Member 5225

devilish said:
...hit Beckhams cap which felt down, exposing his face to the entire public
And how exactly do you go into a club, wearing a cap AND covering your face? :confused:

EricTheRed

devilish said:
I wasn’t personally involved in the entire story.....

The evening before the game we decided.....

We ran towards.....

Me and Beckham.....

We returned to the hotel
There's a conflict in there somewhere....

Were you involved or not?

Murt

Paz said:
And how exactly do you go into a club, wearing a cap AND covering your face? :confused:
you can imagine the scene, a big row, the cap goes flying off in slow motion and Bex roars out "nooooooooooooooooooo", the cap lands on the ground and the crowd gasps when they see who it is.
Its like something from superman, when his masks falls off revelaing him to be Clark Kent.

The title of this thread is ecxcellent btw :lol:

EricTheRed

He loves it I reckon.

I know someone just like him - can't help but make up stories which are complete fantasy.

I could actually believe that Devilish has met SAF and some of the players - lets face it, Malta isn't very big so there's a good chance if you make the effort you could get to meet them...

The thing is, meeting them isn't enough for someone like Devilish. He has to be their "mate" and have an "adventure" with them.

Sadly, like my mate, Dev craves attention and it doesn't matter if we are taking the piss out of him as long as he is the central attraction.

My mate once claimed that the phone call he had just recieved on his mobile was from another mate of his who was at work.... in a jet fighter... in the air. :houllier:

Member 5225

Murt said:
you can imagine the scene, a big row, the cap goes flying off in slow motion and Bex roars out "nooooooooooooooooooo", the cap lands on the ground and the crowd gasps when they see who it is.
Its like something from superman, when his masks falls off revelaing him to be Clark Kent.

The title of this thread is ecxcellent btw :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: - I knowwwwwww!

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
I googled the Gary Neville school:

"Neville himself supervised the first session, together with leading qualified Maltese coaches, including Ray 'Zazu' Farrugia and former Malta international Carmel Busuttil. The pitch layout for the school included a five-a-side pitch and two giant goals which were used for speed and aim exercises. "

Dev, are you Ray 'Zazu' Farrugia? Are you the bloke at the back by the goal?

Murt

EricTheRed said:
He loves it I reckon.
I know someone just like him - can't help but make up stories which are complete fantasy.
I brought this up last week with Dev, i reckon he has a "cluster B personality disorder", borderline/narcistisk

Check out the criteria

Willing to Lie
Lack of Empathy
Not bound by Social Norms
Can be pleasant/polished
Potential for Violence
Impulsive
Enjoys humiliating and demeaning others
Grandiosity, Exhibitionism
Overly Dramatic, Theatrical
Frequent Tantrums
Attention seeking

kf

Dev's the one in the green kit & red baseball cap (was this the one being worn on the night in question? :eek: )

Big Andy

Bloke
Smells like teen spirit to me, oh no, wait, it's bullshit!

:lol:

Another classic from Dev! What a legend, not only the chief phone providor for Fergie on any Maltese tour, but he's also saved David May from a kicking! What a fecking legend!

26 may 1999

Striker
I believe you Dev...

I actually called Mr Beckham Dave.

We are that close.

Devs story is good enough for me.

Better than Bahama Reds cock and bull story.

Davo

Part 3 regales the time Dev played a crucial part in your treble success....by saving OGS from Russian whores and Maltese big blokes, whilst single handily defeating Mothra, Godzilla's nemesis....

Dublin Red

Classic stuff. Can't wait for installment 3. May I suggest the title and opening line.

The Much Awaiting totally unbelievable but completely true part 3.

Here comes the Circus again.

KidCreole

... your story put through the babelfish Devilish bullshit translator...

You heard Man Utd were in town... you went to a local nightclub anticipating that some of the players would be there... you saw Gary Neville and David May... you went up to them... they said "piss off you Maltese tw*t"... you stuck around... after they got a bit more p*ssed you went up to them again and offered to buy them a beer... they accepted... you had a brief chat... and then got kicked out by one of the bouncers when you put your hand on Neville's arse...

No hairdryer... no Beckham... not very interesting really...;)

zXe

Livvie's Personal IT Consultant
I've heard rumors of a part III then, when do we get to hear it?
Does it involve a highspeed car chase?

Alek M

Da manic one
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Goodnes me, this one is priceless. This thread and the stories thread is just too much to bare. I was at a meeting today and reading the stories thread and coudln't help but laugh out loud. I am glad I didn't tune to this one, I would have pissed in my pants trying to cover up the laughs:) Dev, what was the name of the baron, minhousen?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Well what I said is true, youre entitled to believe it or not. Murt it wasnt I who wanted to write this story but you. You who like to act as a primadonna on other ppl's back

Ive told you, that Ive witnessed nearly all the story, from its beginning right till SAF ordered us to leave. Strictly speaking you are right I havent seen SAF shouting at May, but I saw his reaction when he saw him and it was described so in detail by Gaz that I felt that I could write it to you. Amir I know that Maysie was injured then but he did came to Malta in that occassion.

Just to make things clear I am no players friend. But I do volonteer myself to work every now and then at the supporters club in Malta and that is not because I want to meet the players but because I have friends in the committee. You can call me liar, but so you said when I told you that Wes and Howard were coming to Malta last summer. And you kept on saying it until Ive proved it right

BTW forget it that I would post photos of me on the CAF

Suedesi

devilish said:
http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=10609&itype=466&iCategoryID=119

You would probably label me as a liar again. But there again I can assure you that this story is true.

I wasn’t personally involved in the entire story but I have heard this story from Gary Neville himself who happens to be the biggest mate of a great friend of mine. This friend of mine takes care of the Gary Neville school in Malta and is a close friend of the English international (http://www.maltamigration.com/news/times86542.shtml ) and Gaz with the guy. He told us the aftermath of this sour experience that left SAF furious, and May kicked to the first plane to Manchester

But lets start from the beginning. It was August and Manchester United accepted the invitation of Birkirkara FC (a local club) to play a friendly against them. Birkirkara FC was owned by Mr Zammit, one of the richest guys on the island whom thanks to him he managed to turn a small Maltese side into one of the leading clubs in Malta and that was achieved by signing the best local talent available. Now for the club centenary he wanted something glamorous, and what is more glamorous than bringing the richest club in the world to Malta to play against his side? An impossible task you may think, but possible if you have the right links and the right money.

SAF had promised the Maltese a few years before that he would one day bring the entire team back to Malta, and he saw this occasion as ideal to keep his promise. Ok Birkirkara committed themselves to pay for all the expenses but from what I know Manchester United had earned nothing out of that game.

SAF knowing how much the Maltese love Manchester United brought all the players to Malta even those who were injured but could afford to miss the therapy. In fact if I remember well only Brown and Bosnich missed the trip to Malta. As usual, I was one of those who were given the task of taking care of the players, an easier job than I first thought thanks to Gary Neville’s help (man that is what I call a leader)

My limited experience with Manchester United players had thought me three things. A) They are professionals in and off the pitch. B) They are the most down to Earth ppl in the world. C) They know how to enjoy themselves, and it was the C which had put us into unneccassary trouble

The evening before the game we decided (with SAF consent) to go and enjoy the Maltese nightlife. The Nevilles and Beckham were the ‘veterans’ of this Islands and knew the right places to go without the need to consult the us. Therefore at 10 pm wearing baseball caps we (2 Maltese ‘guides’, the Nevilles, Beckham and May) were all off to Paceville, a place 10 minutes away (with a taxi) from our hotel.

At about 11am David May left the group, and it took us 2 hours to find him. We found him into another discoteque, flirting with the local girls and drunk. Gaz immediately opted to go back to the hotel and that caused an argument inside the group expecailly with Beckham who was really enjoying himself and didn’t want to end everything just because Maysie got drunk. In that argument Maysie managed to return to the dance floor, and until we could notice that, we suddenly heard a scream, and a beautiful girl turning around and slap Maysie on his face.

We ran towards Maysie and I remember Gaz asking him what was going on. Maysie told us with a smile on his face that he had touched the girls butt and that she hit him back. Yet Maysie smile was soon going to change into fear when from the right side an angry 6ft bodybuilder (+ 4 friends of his) raced angrily towards him, to break his face.

Me and Beckham moved towards the guy to calm the girls boyfriend down but it was as if trying to calm a raging bull. He started to shout at us as Gaz and co tried to move out of the scenes. Seeing that, the man got more nervous and hit Beckhams cap which felt down, exposing his face to the entire public

Luckily for us this man happened to be a Manchester United supporter and meeting Beckham face to face was enough to melt away man’s anger. He ‘forgiven’ Maysie and helped us get out from the ppl (who turned into signature predators) as long all of them gave him a signature something that seeing the situations Becks and co were more happy to give to him

We returned to the hotel as soon as we got out of the discoteque. Silence ruled as Gaz called the Gaffer to tell him the entire story (for fear that he would know it from someone else). At the hotel we fount SAF waiting in the reception. He was furious but kept himself calm in front of us, and only said that he wanted to talk with the players ASAP.

The day after May packed everything and left Malta. Official reports said that May got injured but we all knew the story.

Now let the circus begin

You liar!!!

You are syaing that United were invited to play on the Birkirkara FC Centenary, when they are only a 50 yrs old club. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.