The Mueller Report

hobbers

Big win for Trump, big win for Russia.

Waste of time and money for everyone else. But hey, at least the news corps got a lot of clicks out of it.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Here is the one candidate who spent the least amount of time on this theory (and got called a Russian agent for that), making a fool of himself:

For Bernie and for every other candidate, tweets and statements* like this are going to be replayed for ever.

*the video is ok but the tweet text is damning.
I don't think he's said anything particularly foolish or outlandish there.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Big win for Trump, big win for Russia.

Waste of time and money for everyone else.
Well...except for all the criminal charges on various individuals who'll now do jail time for their crimes that may not have been uncovered otherwise.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I don't think he's said anything particularly foolish or outlandish there.
Yes as I said his words were ok - the text will be (rightly) made to look like a joke.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Nadler isn’t convinced.

King Eric 7

Can we have a VAR review of this decision please? I really can't see how there was enough daylight between Trump's head and Putin's arse.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Greenwald in self-aggrandizement shocker. He doesn't seem to mind that Trump wasn't exonerated.
I'm happy he was right and everyone else in the media was wrong.

Maybe Trump was exonerated because he isn't a Russian agent?

Maybe the better strategy all along was to hit hi on policy not in this phantom BS?

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Maybe the better strategy all along was to hit hi on policy not in this phantom BS?
He wasn't exonerated.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the only direct quote Barr uses from the report: "The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
Well this is an absolute disaster for the US media - serious damage done to their credibility.

They've played right into Trump's hands on this, why would people believe their stories going forward? If they'd been more restrained they could focus on the obstruction stuff, but they went too big, too early and now this will only be viewed as a massive win for Trump. Huge shot in the arm for his re-election hopes.

Blodssvik

I seem to recall Raoul and others on here suggesting Greenwald a Russian agent for not swallowing the conspiracy theory.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
So Mueller laid out all of the evidence for both sides of the argument without providing a final statement. It was simply a report to inform rather to judge. Therefore nothing really has changed, whats required for the American people is to see what the report found out.

Minimalist

This is what's funny to the world. Trump needs to be an actual criminal to boot him out apparently. Not simply just the douchebag, racist weirdo he blatantly is.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Not sure this is the Trump home run that Graham thinks it is. Have a sneaking suspicion that there's a hand grenade lying in there somewhere
It's Obstruction of Justice, which Mueller could not indict on and the hand-picked AG passed on.

It's neither as redeeming as Trumpers will paint it nor as disappointing as the rest of America will feel about it. That won't stop this being spun as a huge victory by the GOP for the time being though...

CA_vampire

For me, this proves that the Democratic party should have placed the full blame for the 2016 loss on Clinton and Obama. And cleaned their own house. And they should have found some coherent focus for future elections. And they should have invested time to analyze why people (including white people) do not trust them.

Instead, they chased shadows.

Unfortunately, "the Russians" was a smoking screen to exonerate Clinton and Obama. Don't forget that the "meddling into the elections" happened during the Obama years. The US has a full array of security services and the largest security budget in the world. If those agencies couldn't protect the democracy in 2016, then Obama and his administration should get the full blame for that. Either way, this mess is on Obama and Hillary and the Dems as a whole (and of course, actually the main blame is on those who did not vote for Hillary!... it is complicated, I know!) .

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

But he wasn’t exonerated, that was made explicitly clear by Mueller.

Hanks

Greenwald in self-aggrandizement shocker. He doesn't seem to mind that Trump wasn't exonerated.
Glenn has more journalistic integrity than all the “experts” most people have been copy pasting their twitter threads here for the past 2 years combined.

The balls of steel on Greenwald to live in a country and continuously critizcize the govt there, where he could be disappeared overnight by dwarf squads, yet still gets on TV to shit on bolsonaro to the point he blocked Glenn and Intercept.

Sometimes I genuinely think most people don’t deserve decent journalists and people like himself, Assange or Snowden and their ilk. I guess the comfort of listening to well curated lies and propaganda of big govt agencies (Dems now love the CIA just to get one over Trump) and main stream media is more appealing.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is why the report is so important.

It sounds like Barr has set the bar (sorry) up to “clear evidence of an agreement”. We’re they expecting a letter, contract or email?

I expect the report will spell out strong circumstantial evidence all the same.

Dave89

Livelong Republican clears Republican present. Whatever next?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Glenn has more journalistic integrity than all the “experts” most people have been copy pasting their twitter threads here for the past 2 years combined.

The balls of steel on Greenwald to live in a country and continuously critizcize the govt there, where he could be disappeared overnight by dwarf squads, yet still gets on TV to shit on bolsonaro to the point he blocked Glenn and Intercept.

Sometimes I genuinely think most people don’t deserve decent journalists and people like himself, Assange or Snowden and their ilk. I guess the comfort of listening to well curated lies and propaganda of big govt agencies (Dems now love the CIA just to get one over Trump) and main stream media is more appealing.
Yes, Assange, that bastion of impartiality.:lol:

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
This is a huge victory for Trump and the GOP. At some point, it looked like the Mueller investigation bothered Trump more than anything else. Now it is little more than a footnote in history.