The natural successor: Has Neymar blown it?

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
He literally was only healthy in 1 Champions League and took them to the finals.
That’s the issue though. His injury record will distort people’s views on him.

When he is fit, he’s a great talent. However his injury record will prevent history remembering him as one of the best ever.

Michael Owen won the Ballon’Dor in 2001. He should have done so much more but again, career ravished by his injury. Van Basten & Ronaldo are two others that hit the top and if they’d stayed injury free, would have been mentioned in the same breath as Messi /CR7.

Salah or Lewandowski post better number than Neymar now, so you could argue he’s next in line for the throne?

EliotTheRed

He is the last 'baller' that Brazil produced, to be honest. Such an entertaining player to watch. Then you look at the likes of Richarlison, Gabriel Jesus and Firmino and think, what are they doing over at Brazil? Hope Brazil can produce more of the Kaka's, Neymar's and Ronaldinho's in the near future.
How many of these did they produce? I thought it was just the one of each.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Should never have gone to a league of butchers where the managers are dinosaurs straight out of the 1980s who only teach their players to kick down dribblers and skillfull players and where the press,former players as well as most old football fans will hate on these said technical players and blame them for "showing off" and "being arrogant".

Pep's Suit

When he joined PSG I thought he made it clear he's only interested in having this nice, easy life. Seems more focused on off-pitch activities and brand-building and that's absolutely fine.

Eire Red United

Should never have gone to a league of butchers where the managers are dinosaurs straight out of the 1980s who only teach their players to kick down dribblers and skillfull players and where the press,former players as well as most old football fans will hate on these said technical players and blame them for "showing off" and "being arrogant".
Tough one though because no one else would have been willing to pay what was needed and he clearly didnt want to stay in Messi’s shadow where he was

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
2015: Suspended
2016: Suspended
2017: Injured
2018: Injured
2019: Injured
2020: COVID Lockdown
2021: Injured

These were apparently all around March when his sister birthday is, I mean you can’t even make this up anymore. Poch also is letting him go to Brazil for rehab.

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

These were apparently all around March when his sister birthday is, I mean you can’t even make this up anymore. Porch also is letting him go to Brazil for rehab.
Check out @Zehner posts on the previous page. He reckons he’s a consummate pro and just misunderstood. There will always be fans who stick up for players like this or Pogba. I spent the best part of a day arguing Neymar is disruptive and only ever in it for himself all the way back to moving to Barca. He’s recently in the press then saying I hope Mbappe signs a new deal and stays here with me. Stay here with you when you’ve been taking annual holidays every March and trying to leave every summer since you got there?! Like any of the players there see him as a leader. He’s a caricature at this stage. His own fans booing him... but he’s just too good they don’t understand

Barca move up clearly up in smoke and he comes out and says he’s now settled. He doesn’t really know why but he’s more settled now. Something along the lines of “I can’t really explain it” Barca and Real can’t afford him and the minute they can he’ll no doubt start the same routine up again.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Poch just said that he is fine with the roller rehabbing in Brazil.

Who’d of thunk it?

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Poch is being taken for a mug early on then.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Check out @Zehner posts on the previous page. He reckons he’s a consummate pro and just misunderstood. There will always be fans who stick up for players like this or Pogba. I spent the best part of a day arguing Neymar is disruptive and only ever in it for himself all the way back to moving to Barca. He’s recently in the press then saying I hope Mbappe signs a new deal and stays here with me. Stay here with you when you’ve been taking annual holidays every March and trying to leave every summer since you got there?! Like any of the players there see him as a leader. He’s a caricature at this stage. His own fans booing him... but he’s just too good they don’t understand

Barca move up clearly up in smoke and he comes out and says he’s now settled. He doesn’t really know why but he’s more settled now. Something along the lines of “I can’t really explain it” Barca and Real can’t afford him and the minute they can he’ll no doubt start the same routine up again.
So you think Neymar would fake an injury and miss out a match up against Barcelona of all clubs to attend his sister's birthday party? And you think nobody at PSG would intervene? You really think the sheikh, a person who's used to getting what he wants and ruthlessly sacked multiple coaches for missing out on the CL, would spend more than half a billion on Neymar to win the CL and then be okay with him missing the most important games of the season so far for absolutely zero reason whatsoever?

And by the way, as far as I know Neymar was in the stands multiple times when PSG went out. How do you explain that, he just didn't want to play? Or the times when the injuries he received were documented on camera, do you think he staged it and paid the opponent to foul him in order to do so?

For your own well being, better stay away from conspiracy theorists and their websites. This is ridiculous.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

These were apparently all around March when his sister birthday is, I mean you can’t even make this up anymore. Poch also is letting him go to Brazil for rehab.
He was available and played every CL match for barcelona during that time. His first injury at PSG was a foot break and season ending, it nearly cost him the world cup and the way he rushed back for it is likely the reason why he's become so injury prone

He's hardly going to fake a 4 weeks injury that takes him out of a CL tie for his sister's birthday

Okey

The annual big UCL game miss is becoming scandalous though. Did someone place a curse on him? They just might have won the thing by now if dude could stay fit like Messi.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He was available and played every CL match for barcelona during that time. His first injury at PSG was a foot break and season ending, it nearly cost him the world cup and the way he rushed back for it is likely the reason why he's become so injury prone

He's hardly going to fake a 4 weeks injury that takes him out of a CL tie for his sister's birthday
Stop fan boying, he's obviously a prick and faked the injury. He deserves no defense, that little cnut. Don't want to see him anywhere near United.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So you think Neymar would fake an injury and miss out a match up against Barcelona of all clubs to attend his sister's birthday party? And you think nobody at PSG would intervene? You really think the sheikh, a person who's used to getting what he wants and ruthlessly sacked multiple coaches for missing out on the CL, would spend more than half a billion on Neymar to win the CL and then be okay with him missing the most important games of the season so far for absolutely zero reason whatsoever?

And by the way, as far as I know Neymar was in the stands multiple times when PSG went out. How do you explain that, he just didn't want to play? Or the times when the injuries he received were documented on camera, do you think he staged it and paid the opponent to foul him in order to do so?

For your own well being, better stay away from conspiracy theorists and their websites. This is ridiculous.
Just merely coincidences, no doubt. What’s it been, six, seven years in a row?

https://m.republicworld.com/sports-...e-of-sisters-birthday-some-fans-think-so.html

It’s either coincidence or his wispy body just can’t take the strain of so much football.

Ali Dia

https://m.republicworld.com/sports-...e-of-sisters-birthday-some-fans-think-so.html

It’s either coincidence or his wispy body just can’t take the strain of so much football.
Neymar could murder someone and zehner would be making excuses. He won’t even admit he’s been disruptive. It’s a coincidence he get injuries at the exact same time every year. That’s nearly impossible given the random nature of things. A clean sweep! Not a conspiracy. He’s a total joke and he’s taking them for fools. Also “half a billion quid” is a drop in the ocean to the sheikh who probably enjoys the prestige of owning such an expensive toy regardless

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Neymar could murder someone and zehner would be making excuses. He won’t even admit he’s been disruptive. It’s a coincidence he get injuries at the exact same time every year. That’s nearly impossible given the random nature of things. A clean sweep! Not a conspiracy. He’s a total joke and he’s taking them for fools. Also “half a billion quid” is a drop in the ocean to the sheikh who probably enjoys the prestige of owning such an expensive toy regardless
Deluded fanbois sure are something, aren’t they?

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC

As per the article I got this from

“Neymar was suspended after picking up too many yellow cards and Barcelona allowed him to attend Rafaella Santos' birthday bash in Brazil. It was the same the following year when another suspension allowed him to celebrate at his sister's Disney-themed party. In 2017, Neymar suffered a muscular injury which again ruled him out of a clash with Deportivo the day after Rafaella's birthday.

The pattern has continued into 2018, 2019 and 2020 after Neymar moved to PSG. During his time at the French capital, injuries have ruled him out of matches during February/March but he has been fit enough to celebrate his sister's birthdays. If Neymar does head back to Brazil, he will need to quarantine for two weeks due to the coronavirus pandemic.”

And again from Poch own mouth he’s travelling to Brazil while he recovers. This may very much be freak injuries or coincidences, but it’s not wrong if people very much to assume all this has happened so he can attend his sisters birthday because a lot points towards it. This isn’t about what games he misses but rather around what time it happens every time.

Ali Dia

The annual big UCL game miss is becoming scandalous though. Did someone place a curse on him? They just might have won the thing by now if dude could stay fit like Messi.
about as likely as winning the lottery being out for the exact same time every single year since 2015. I’m not saying he fakes it every year but the likelihood of it being a coincidence is minuscule when all the information says otherwise.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
But he had to charge his phone. He needs to be in touch with his sister 24/7.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

I thought I recalled Neymar playing both legs vs Dortmund last season in the second round. The home leg in Paris was on March 11 last year and Neymar scored

Previous year vs Man Utd he was in the stands on crutches when Man Utd eliminated PSG in the CL, So he got injured on purpose to watch the CL from the stands

Last edited:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

My points stand but yours don't.

He missed no important match in 2020.

He was injured around March in 2018 and 2019. In 2019 he missed 19 games due to the respective injury. In 2018 he missed 18 (wait, is that really a coincidence?). So according to you he's either incredibly commited to his lie, faking an injury for such a long time, or his sister had one hell of a party.

He missed one game against La Coruna in 2017.

He missed one game against Eibar in 2016.

He missed one game against Vallecano in 2015.

So, if you want to suggest that he's willing to miss unimportant games to go to Brazil, you might have a point, but it still could be a coincidence. However, if you're suggesting he's faked his long term injuries in 2018, 2019 and now probably 2021, you're making a fool of yourself. Dependending on his contract details and insurances he probably missed out on multiple millions of euros due to those injuries by the way.

Can't say it enough, this place has a very special relationship with facts.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I thought I recalled Neymar playing both legs vs Dortmund last season in the second round. The home leg in Paris was on March 11 last year and Neymar scored

Previous year vs Man Utd he was in the stands on crutches when Man Utd eliminated PSG in the CL, So he got injured on purpose to watch the CL from the stands
Review how many times he has attended his sister’s birthday. It always falls during the CL knockout round. It’s like clockwork.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
My points stand but yours don't.

He missed no important match in 2020.

He was injured around March in 2018 and 2019. In 2019 he missed 19 games due to the respective injury. In 2018 he missed 18 (wait, is that really a coincidence?). So according to you he's either incredibly commited to his lie, faking an injury for such a long time, or his sister had one hell of a party.

He missed one game against La Coruna in 2017.

He missed one game against Eibar in 2016.

He missed one game against Vallecano in 2015.

So, if you want to suggest that he's willing to miss unimportant games to go to Brazil, you might have a point, but it still could be a coincidence. However, if you're suggesting he's faked his long term injuries in 2018, 2019 and now probably 2021, you're making a fool of yourself. Dependending on his contract details and insurances he probably missed out on multiple millions of euros due to those injuries by the way.

Can't say it enough, this place has a very special relationship with facts.
Blood’s thicker than water, brother. It’s not a one off, his attending his sister’s birthday, it always during the CL knockout rounds. I’m not suggesting he’s always jakeing it, but it’s certainly curious & a constant on the calendar.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Review how many times he has attended his sister’s birthday. It always falls during the CL knockout round. It’s like clockwork.
Was it that the sister didnt have birthdays in the last 2 yrs for Neymar to still be in Europe around the birthday?
Neymars sisters birthday March 11, Same day Neymar scored in the CL vs Dortmund last season but lets not let facts get in the way of a good Qanon type story

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Was it that the sister didnt have birthdays in the last 2 yrs for Neymar to still be in Europe around the birthday?
Neymars sisters birthday March 11, Same day Neymar scored in the CL vs Dortmund last season but lets not let facts get in the way of a good Qanon type story
Okay, because it’s not absolutely every year, that means there’s absolutely no validity to it. Sure.

I admit I’m not researching it to the absolute nth degree, but does his sister always have her birthday on the 11th. or is it sometimes close to that? Really can’t be arsed to do that much digging for Neymar. Just calling it like many see it.

It certainly is a curious situation overall, one that doesn’t cast Neymar in a particular glowing light to the non fanbois which is the majority of the earth.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Blood’s thicker than water, brother. It’s not a one off, his attending his sister’s birthday, it always during the CL knockout rounds. I’m not suggesting he’s always jakeing it, but it’s certainly curious & a constant on the calendar.
Why so vague? Did he fake those long term injuries or didn't he? Because if he didn't, your only argument is that he's missed some minor games for multiple years at points in time +/- four weeks around her birthday.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Okay, because it’s not absolutely every year, that means there’s absolutely no validity to it. Sure.

I admit I’m not researching it to the absolute nth degree, but does his sister always have her birthday on the 11th. or is it sometimes close to that? Really can’t be arsed to do that much digging for Neymar. Just calling it like many see it.

It certainly is a curious situation overall, one that doesn’t cast Neymar in a particular glowing light to the non fanbois which is the majority of the earth.
The sisters birthday stuff is silly because it only takes a day. Any pro player can catch a flight from Europe to Brazil for a night of partying vs take a whole month out just a day event and his sister can always schedule her birthday on non matchdays if Neymar absolutely has to be there

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Why so vague? Did he fake those long term injuries or didn't he? Because if he didn't, your only argument is that he's missed some minor games for multiple years at points in time +/- four weeks around her birthday.
And that’s acceptable, missing ‘minor’ games? Hilarious if you think so.

As I said, I’m not Woodward & Bernstein-ing this, I’m calling it as a football fan who sees some commonality to his actions over many years.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The sisters birthday stuff is silly because it only takes a day. Any pro player can catch a flight from Europe to Brazil for a night of partying vs take a whole month out just a day event and his sister can always schedule her birthday on non matchdays if Neymar absolutely has to be there
Okay. Fanboi feathers are ruffled. This will be my last post on this as this is becoming akin to a chess match with a pigeon here (google this to see that I am not attacking you personally, it’s just a metaphor regarding our conversation).

It’s not just the one day of the party. Apparently these parties are not one day events, but that’s minor. It’s the relocation for extended periods of time that irks many. If you can’t see this, what can I say?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
As per the article I got this from

“Neymar was suspended after picking up too many yellow cards and Barcelona allowed him to attend Rafaella Santos' birthday bash in Brazil. It was the same the following year when another suspension allowed him to celebrate at his sister's Disney-themed party. In 2017, Neymar suffered a muscular injury which again ruled him out of a clash with Deportivo the day after Rafaella's birthday.

The pattern has continued into 2018, 2019 and 2020 after Neymar moved to PSG. During his time at the French capital, injuries have ruled him out of matches during February/March but he has been fit enough to celebrate his sister's birthdays. If Neymar does head back to Brazil, he will need to quarantine for two weeks due to the coronavirus pandemic.”

And again from Poch own mouth he’s travelling to Brazil while he recovers. This may very much be freak injuries or coincidences, but it’s not wrong if people very much to assume all this has happened so he can attend his sisters birthday because a lot points towards it. This isn’t about what games he misses but rather around what time it happens every time.
Oh no, the suspensions in barcelona were very much meant to allow him to go celebrate his sister's birthday :lol:

But he missed like one game, of any at all, in the league

The injuries at PSG are actual injuries