The "new" Liam Brady!!!

Decotron

Just read this in the Evening Herald.......

In form premiership leaders received another boost today with the news that the most sought-after youngster in Ireland Robert Brady- already dubbed the new Liam Brady, has agreed to join the Old Trafford club.

I’m not typing the whole article as Im pretty much a lazy person but in a nut shell the kid turned 16 today has had offers from Arse, Pool, Celtic and Blackburn. He’s the Ireland U-16 Captain and captained the U-15’s team that won the Celtic tri nations tournament last year.

Hes more of a winger apparently. Signed from the famous northside club St. Kevins boys. Good stuff always love to hear the club keeping its Irish connection going strong!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Just read this in the Evening Herald.......

In form premiership leaders received another boost today with the news that the most sought-after youngster in Ireland Robert Brady- already dubbed the new Liam Brady, has agreed to join the Old Trafford club.

I’m not typing the whole article as Im pretty much a lazy person but in a nut shell the kid turned 16 today has had offers from Arse, Pool, Celtic and Blackburn. He’s the Ireland U-16 Captain and captained the U-15’s team that won the Celtic tri nations tournament last year.

Hes more of a winger apparently. Signed from the famous northside club St. Kevins boys. Good stuff always love to hear the club keeping its Irish connection going strong!
:lol:

How fecking lazy is that?

"Talented young Irish footballer, surname Brady, what past legend shall we compare him to? Hmmmm..."

Decotron

:lol:

How fecking lazy is that?

"Talented young Irish footballer, surname Brady, what past legend shall we compare him to? Hmmmm..."
Ha Ha i know, when I read the new Liam Brady I was happy enough but when I saw his name was actually Brady aswell I just thought typical lazy irish bastards! Hes a left winger by all accounts.......so with that in mind can we now call him the new Kevin Sheedy:lol::lol::lol:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Ha Ha i know, when I read the new Liam Brady I was happy enough but when I saw his name was actually Brady aswell I just thought typical lazy irish bastards! Hes a left winger by all accounts.......so with that in mind can we now call him the new Kevin Sheedy:lol::lol::lol:
And if he leaves his socks rolled down he can be the new Jim Beglin :smirk:

Seriously though, glad to hear our scouts are still active in Dublin. Be great to see a Dublin lad come through the ranks.

Have you seen much of Fagan? Tricky wee fella but a bit too lightweight and inconsistent, IMO

Decotron

Seriously though, glad to hear our scouts are still active in Dublin. Be great to see a Dublin lad come through the ranks.

Have you seen much of Fagan? Tricky wee fella but a bit too lightweight and inconsistent, IMO
Ive seen Fagan as much as MUTV allows me to, he certainly has something about him and he has developed physically since I first saw him but I reckon he's still too lightweight and he'll be joining a championship outfit sooner rather than later. Another positive about the new Liam Brady/Sheedy/Beglin kid :lol: is that Liverpool were v. actively perusing him of late. Already a gold star in his copybook IMO!

Mojo_pin

Didn't they say Keane was too lightweight?

Nialler

Alex's Dad
read this in tonights Herald, hopefully he will develop on his early promise and it is encouraging that he turned down a better deal from the dippers to opt for us

Alex

Brady looked the business in today's Academy game against Everton. Cracking shot in either foot and looks like a clever footballer. Tall, strong lad too.

Best player on the park by a mile, though, was Drinkwater. Great captain's performance from him.
Good to hear

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
Good to hear he´s tall and strong, we´ve been lacking players like that in the academy in recent years.

What was the result of today´s game btw?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Good to hear he´s tall and strong, we´ve been lacking players like that in the academy in recent years.

What was the result of today´s game btw?
3 all.

I missed our first goal, Macheda scored our second and Drinkwater hit a cracking free-kick for our third.

Might have been going a bit over the top with that "tall and strong" comment, btw, but he's bigger than I expected, for a winger.

Bammy

Yeah just watched the replay of the match on MUTV, Brady was very good for it being his first game, some good touches and shots.

First goal was Wellbeck, great little finish, chipped over the keeper. Drinkwater was good, thought our defence was a mess tbh, every time Everton attacked half decently the defence looked all over the place.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Drinkwater has taken some major steps this season after being injured a lot last year. Very promising.

Sam

Apart from going to the game, how can I watch the reserves matches ?

Decotron

Drinkwater was unbelievable in this game. Ran the show against a tough and talented Everton side, his fitness levels are returning bigtime. Looked v. promising in this match. Brady looks a really exciting prospect aswell considering he's played just 2 games for us. He attracted alot of attention, Everton got 2yellow cards for ropey challenges in the 1st half alone. Defense wasn’t v. good although Everton would be one of the better sides in the league.

Name Changed

weso26
I've seen Brady play and heard enough about him. He is going to be a good player. It's a while since we had a young Irishman coming through. I can't imagine Conor McCormack or Christy Fagan making it

Ringo 07

Anyone been keeping track of the Under 18s recently? As a paddy I am wondering how Robert Brady and McGinty are coming along if the Under 18s have played any games yet this summer?

jb8521

Anyone been keeping track of the Under 18s recently? As a paddy I am wondering how Robert Brady and McGinty are coming along if the Under 18s have played any games yet this summer?
Brady has played part of a game in a friendly for the reserves and McGinty will play his first game in the milk cup which starts Monday

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
They were both involved in the U/18 Round Robin Tournament vs Rochdale, Blackpool and Burnley last week.

Both will travel to the Northern Ireland Milk Cup

The Wizard

They were both involved in the U/18 Round Robin Tournament vs Rochdale, Blackpool and Burnley last week.

Both will travel to the Northern Ireland Milk Cup
Hi Tony, do you have any details on those games? Did you get to see them yourself? Anything you can tell us on this years intake or trailists?

Mr. MUJAC

Hi Tony, do you have any details on those games? Did you get to see them yourself? Anything you can tell us on this years intake or trailists?
No.....The Round Robin tournament was behind closed doors so I have no details at all.

The Milk Cup squad will contain a mix of U/18's from last season, U/16's and a few new names.

Last year we introduced a few U/16's like Jack Dean.....while in the past we have had 'guests' from Walsall and Crystal Palace.

A friend is going over the Milk Cup today so he may get more info.

I do know that all squads can only name players born after 1st January 1992. So that rules out a few 18's.

I would expect to see Tunnicliffe, Morrison, Brady, King from the 18's and the likes of Johnstone, Keane, Fryers, Thorpe, Cole, Lingard and maybe Cofie also travel.

They all tasted u-18 action last term.

That's eleven players. So other 16's that might go include Barmby, Hendrie, Hussain, Giverin, Dean.

I would expect Sean McGinty to go as well....recently signed from Charlton he has Irish roots.

So that will be the nucleus of the squad with one or two other names added who we have missed.

jb8521

Does anyone think that Brady has a chance of making it?
I saw him playing when he was still in Ireland and he hasnt shown anywhere near his full ability for United mainly due to a lot of injuries so this season will be a big one for him. I think he will definitely play for Ireland and has a chance of making it with United.

Mr. MUJAC

I saw him playing when he was still in Ireland and he hasnt shown anywhere near his full ability for United mainly due to a lot of injuries so this season will be a big one for him. I think he will definitely play for Ireland and has a chance of making it with United.
I like him a lot.......he has all the skills but gets frustrated easily.

Two hat-tricks last season though illustrates he has potential.

jb8521

Yeah and his versatility could also help him, last year he played full back, wing, centre midfield and up front.

Decotron

4 goals in 2 games so far in the Milk Cup. Still havent managed to see any highlights. Bodes well for the future.

Name Changed

weso26
He certainly has massive potential. I'm just a little worried that he hasn't shown all of his massive potential yet while at United. Injuries have most likely been the reason for that as jb8521 pointed out.

Decotron

One of our better players again. 5 goals in 3 games now. Should have been 6 as he also missed a penalty. He captained the side aswell. Reminded me of Rooney last night, similar style although obviously different players. Probably the most talented Irish player Ive seen at underage levels for a while, actually since Stephen Ireland.

cj_sparky

One of our better players again. 5 goals in 3 games now. Should have been 6 as he also missed a penalty. He captained the side aswell. Reminded me of Rooney last night, similar style although obviously different players. Probably the most talented Irish player Ive seen at underage levels for a while, actually since Stephen Ireland.
Couldn't agree more!

He was very Rooney like in the two games that I have seen of the Milk Cup. Both in Stature/Build and also style of play, very bullish. He has looked back to his good self after injuries.