The next Liverpool manager | Arne Slot Liverpool's Báld Fraud

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
This is so depressing. It's like we want to turn into Manchester Utd.

Well probably give it to Ole, I mean Stevie, after Slot.
It would certainly complete the circle if you turned into United after we’ve successfully transitioned into the Liverpool of the 90s and 00s.

Time is a flat circle.

erikcred

It would certainly complete the circle if you turned into United after we’ve successfully transitioned into the Liverpool of the 90s and 00s.

Time is a flat circle.
We wish. Need to order some cream suits first.

Mike Smalling

Seems pretty clear that he was not first priority, and it looks like a huge risk.

There's an obvious comparison to ETH, and Slot has managed significantly fewer games than ETH when he took over here, and has a much lower win percentage as well. On the other hand he takes over a better squad.

sugar_kane

I checked the Eredivisie standings expecting Feyenoord are leading by a mile but they're 9 points behind PSV and although there's three games left the comparative GD gives them no chance. Okay so they won it last year but they're always generally up in the top 3 spots.

What's so special about him to be possibly considered as replacement for one of the top two managers of the last 10 years? Genuinely curious.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
doesn’t bode well for liverpool. already thinks he’s hit the big time with his own security detail. and he hasn’t realised his suitcase has wheels. if he’s missing things like that, what will be miss at liverpool?
Yeah he has all the characteristics of a world class prick;

Dutch
Bald
Says "heh"
Bald

Fecking classless wanker, glad he's not our manager

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My scouse supporting colleague reckons the inside knowledge is that Amorim is wed to 3 CBs and that’s neither Liverpool’s style nor do they have the squad composition for it with a dearth of CBs and a glut of midfielders. So their football strategy is to fit the manager to the squad rather than spend the transfer window fitting the squad to the manager.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
My scouse supporting colleague reckons the inside knowledge is that Amorim is wed to 3 CBs and that’s neither Liverpool’s style nor do they have the squad composition for it with a dearth of CBs and a glut of midfielders. So their football strategy is to fit the manager to the squad rather than spend the transfer window fitting the squad to the manager.
Makes sense I guess.

Fairly certain Alonso was first choice but simply not attainable. He'll probably be Madrid manager within a year or two.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Liverpool fans and pundits alike, are going to realise their owners are barely any better than the Glazers, once they lose the manager that papered over the cracks for a good number of years.

izec

Fantastic news. They made the wrong decision, should have gone for Amorim, he was more likely to succeed. Hopefully they continue with bad decisions.

Yakuza_devils

We learnt the hard way. There is a big difference between Eredivisie and PL. ETH dominated Eredivisie for years but the same tactics can't be implemented in PL where the games are played in much higher intensity, physicality and speed.

I am very happy that Pool will be appointing a manager from Eredivisie.

Cerberus

From Xabi Alonso to Arne Slot :lol:

Glad to see they're repeating our mistake. Hoping for many seasons of corners being turned for them.

erikcred

We learnt the hard way. There is a big difference between Eredivisie and PL. ETH dominated Eredivisie for years but the same tactics can't be implemented in PL where the games are played in much higher intensity, physicality and speed.

That's not why ETH isn't implementing his Ajax style here. He said it's because we don't have the players for it.

Unam333

Thanks for jinxing it. Arne Slot will be a success at Liverpool then.

Last edited:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Another baldy coming to the league. If ETH is still here they’ll definitely get mixed up. Arne vs Guardiola should be fun to watch.