The next Liverpool manager | Arne Slot Liverpool's Báld Fraud

Yakuza_devils

That's not why ETH isn't implementing his Ajax style here. He said it's because we don't have the players for it.
I for one don't believe this at all. For the last 1 or 2 decades is there any successful Dutch manager in PL?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
That's not why ETH isn't implementing his Ajax style here. He said it's because we don't have the players for it.
Neither did Guardiola but he still tried to play his way when he first went to city then he slowly got rid of a lot of players and brought in players. ETH has just signed a bunch of players from his former team which indicated he wanted to try and play that way. Then we sign Casemiro… who doesn’t seem like he could play that way.

Mike Smalling

Looks like a bit of a cocky bastard here.

I wonder if there will be a 'Fergie-to-Moyes' type reaction from the players. Obviously, Klopp is not Fergie, but the dynamics are similar in that these high profile players are used to being managed by one of the very best, and are now getting a relative nobody instead. I imagine it could be difficult to gain respect quickly.

Unam333

Looks like a bit of a cocky bastard here.

I wonder if there will be a 'Fergie-to-Moyes' type reaction from the players. Obviously, Klopp is not Fergie, but the dynamics are similar in that these high profile players are used to being managed by one of the very best, and are now getting a relative nobody instead. I imagine it could be difficult to gain respect quickly.
He's not cocky, but he's not charismatic either. The Dutch think he's very charismatic. I don't see it.

Adz_99

I checked the Eredivisie standings expecting Feyenoord are leading by a mile but they're 9 points behind PSV and although there's three games left the comparative GD gives them no chance. Okay so they won it last year but they're always generally up in the top 3 spots.

What's so special about him to be possibly considered as replacement for one of the top two managers of the last 10 years? Genuinely curious.
Yeah that surprised me too.

At least when we went for Ten Hag his record with Ajax was basically flawless. He was winning the league every year at a canter.

At the time it felt like a pretty safe appointment.

Yakuza_devils

Genuine questions for those who follow Eredivisie.

1) How his style of play compared to ETH in Eredivisie?

2) Do you think his style of play will be effective in PL? Or will it be like all previous Dutch managers going too gung-ho in attack and got properly shafted in PL.

DJ_21

This gonna be a case of another manager coming straight into a club and implementing his style from the off. And we start calling ETH again for failing to implement any sort of style.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Best of luck, will be interesting to see how he adapts his system to the PL. I think he will be a relative success.

DJ_21

I checked the Eredivisie standings expecting Feyenoord are leading by a mile but they're 9 points behind PSV and although there's three games left the comparative GD gives them no chance. Okay so they won it last year but they're always generally up in the top 3 spots.

What's so special about him to be possibly considered as replacement for one of the top two managers of the last 10 years? Genuinely curious.
I think it was just a case of finding someone that’s style of play is closest to Klopps. It’s a massive gamble and one I think isn’t gonna pay of. We’ve seen a few Dutch managers fail in the league before, I don’t think this will be any different. They seem to just attack and don’t care about defense which is alright in the Dutch league but not in this league.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie

He won it last year, this year they had their talisman midfielder sold and PSV is just on a different level to them this season, mostly due to a better squad but I do think Bosz is just as good if not a better manager than him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is surely too good to be true?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Erik destroyed that league and failed in PL. I don't want to jinx it but this guy will not survive a year.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Erik destroyed that league and failed in PL. I don't want to jinx it but this guy will not survive a year.
EtH had by far the best squad in that league. Slot didn't and still won it. Looking at the squad quality in comparison to the rest of their leagues it's actually not a big change for Slot, but it was a huge change for EtH.

Amir

I for one don't believe this at all. For the last 1 or 2 decades is there any successful Dutch manager in PL?
Hiddink did well as interim for Chelsea and I think Martin Jol was quite useful at Spurs, but even those were a decade and a half ago (Hiddink) and even more in the case of Jol.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
My spider senses tell me this is going to go horrifically wrong and it's gonna be fecking great to watch! :D

leontas

Can we get some more bald managers for the rest of the top 6 too? Maybe break it out and call it the Superbald League.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Seems like he has the reputation of all dutch coaching resting on his bald head.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Not gonna lie, I think he looks like a thumb.

Interested to see how he does. Seems a bit of a downgrade but I'll give him a chance and see how we do next season before I judge him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Not gonna lie, I think he looks like a thumb.

Interested to see how he does. Seems a bit of a downgrade but I'll give him a chance and see how we do next season before I judge him.
Why you took him and not Amorim? What happened there?