The next Liverpool manager | Arne Slot Liverpool's Báld Fraud

tomaldinho1

He's actually done very well with 2 PL clubs now. Will be a jump but he seems to have flown under the radar a bit when everyone is speaking about McKenna and other young coaches (for us not them), they'd likely be above us if not for VAR hating them for some reason.

hobbers

Arne Slot could lead to some funny situations if we keep ETH on

Might get them mixed up during derbies and go home with the wrong one.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Are you mistaking him with Iraola? Wolves are terrible this season
No they aren't. They were fighting relegation last season, and recovered very well under Lopategui (spelling poor I think?). This season O Neill had them punching above their weight, but yes the form has dipped. He's had bad injuries if I'm not mistaken but had them 8th a few weeks ago(!)
O'Neill also saved Bournemouth from relegation last year with a 180 in form after they sacked Scott Parker last year.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Kirk Duyt's fangirlin over Slot is winning me over.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Slot's a good manager and seems like a really good/decent guy.

Can't say he's shown himself to be better than Ten Hag at Ajax though. So it would feel a bit odd having Slot be the Klopp successor at the same time as Ten Hag getting sacked by United

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
High risk, high upside appointment if true, but we could've done a lot worse imo if he's actually the one that gets the job.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It only underlines how vacant the market is for top managers. Liverpool have had time on their hands in finding a successor to Klopp, plus they are better run than Man Utd - and according to the Times they are just going for the Lidl Ten Hag.

brian017

They even want their own “Dutch Pep Guardiola is my idol”. Forever in our shadow :lol:

hahaha why does <fraud> autocorrect to that?

hobbers

Hopefully it's the start in another cycle of them hiring rubbish managers.

Rojofiam

Wasn't Mourinho in the stands for the Fulham match? Obviously means nothing as far as his prospects, but he definitely was there intentionally just to stir the pot and link himself with the job more.
He lives close I think

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
For all i know i wish them and city (Please Pep quit) the same quality of managers we've had in the last 10 years

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
See, this won't do at all. There's already like 5 demeaning posts about my bald little Slot in here :(

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
A bald manager from Erdevisie, what could go wrong?

Somewhere deep in the darkest corner of my soul, there's that curiosity about seeing Mourinho in the Anflield dugout. It'll never happen, it would be a disaster. I know that. But it would be like being in a parallel universe or something. Something I never thought I'd see.

Then three months in I'll be whinging about how terrible the football is and how toxic the club has become.

redcucumber

From Alonso to Amorim to bald Dutch ten Hag lite. Meat is back on the menu boys.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It would be just our luck if they got a shine-o-ball-o dutchman and he turned out good.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
A bald manager from Erdevisie, what could go wrong?

Somewhere deep in the darkest corner of my soul, there's that curiosity about seeing Mourinho in the Anflield dugout. It'll never happen, it would be a disaster. I know that. But it would be like being in a parallel universe or something. Something I never thought I'd see.

Then three months in I'll be whinging about how terrible the football is and how toxic the club has become.
No, it's not that fast. The process is that the first few months are ok, some signs of improvement, and you convince yourself it'll be different, that he's changed, that things are better with you guys, despite what fans of Chelsea, Utd and Spurs will be saying. "Idiots", you'll be thinking, "it's just that he wasn't at Anfield before! He'd never gotten to coach Mac Allister!" You'll be slighty giddy, hopeful. You'll win one big game that you didn't expect to win, and your tails will be up, at that time you'll be thinking that your doubts and fears about him were unfounded. It's actually ok. It's actually... better than ok.

And then it'll crash and burn in spectacular fashion.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
No, it's not that fast. The process is that the first few months are ok, some signs of improvement, and you convince yourself it'll be different, that he's changed, that things are better with you guys, despite what fans of Chelsea, Utd and Spurs will be saying. "Idiots", you'll be thinking, "it's just that he wasn't at Anfield before! He'd never gotten to coach Mac Allister!" You'll be slighty giddy, hopeful. You'll win one big game that you didn't expect to win, and your tails will be up, at that time you'll be thinking that your doubts and fears about him were unfounded. It's actually ok. It's actually... better than ok.

Yeah that sounds about right.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Bravo. :lol:

Though even the downfall isn't that abrupt, it starts with an objectively terrible game or serie of games, then he blames someone either a fan favorite(Mac Allister is cooked), the fans or the owners. The majority will agree with him for some illogical reason and he will continue to burn everything slowly until it reaches a point where he throws a grenade in a room full of his main supporters, everyone realizes that he is an absolute lunatic at the exception of the survivors of the grenade attack who will claim that Mac Allister tricked him.

Pentagruel

Slot is an extremely good coach and United fans should not be happy if he goes to Liverpool. Of course I’m biased being a Feyenoord fan but he completely turned around our club from a team always whining about not having enough money, playing pragmatic football, languishing far behind Ajax and PSV to a team that plays with verve and guts, making do with whatever players he has available and actually winning titles and doing very well in Europe all things considered. Damn near all of our new recruitment has met or exceeded, in some cases wildly, our expectations and several youth players have actually broken through rather then just talking about it.

In my experience the fans of a team are actually harshest on their players and coaching staff then fans of other teams and it should be noted that virtually all Feyenoord fans are loathe to see him go. The only reason we want to see him move on is to see how he does in bigger competitions which he deserves to compete in.

IncyWincySpider

Not sure why they’d hire a Ten Hag knock off when they could have the real thing if they wait a couple of weeks.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I've been saying Slot is better than Hag for 2 years. Now, seeing Erik at United this bar is not as high as it once was, but he's going to prove it. I hope. Maybe.

I will need to become a scouser though, any tips?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I've been saying Slot is better than Hag for 2 years. Now, seeing Erik at United this bar is not as high as it once was, but he's going to prove it. I hope. Maybe.

I will need to become a scouser though, any tips?
I've been told that you need to start stealing things. Start with bikes and maybe graduate to cars.

Last edited:

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Looks like there's a pattern with the managers we've been seriously linked with. Alonso, Amorim, Slot. They all seem to be punching above their weight somewhat. Seems to be what the Liverpool hierarchy want.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Hopefully he fails like both our Dutch managers have. What is it with the Dutch managers anyway… they play good football in there league because that’s the type of league it is, a lot of space over there. Our league is completely different.