The Official Dimitar Berbatov's Supporters Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Chin up lad, and chin up fans!

Penalties get missed, it happened to him - people say it was lazy, yet had he overkicked it people would say it was stupid - I say these things happen and sometimes the pure vitriol is quite shocking. Do people forget his 3point winning goals, his tricks, sublime control and sheer confidence and control he brings to our attack.

He's a classy player with bags of quality and for his first season he's done very, very well with many games to go, we won't even see the best of him till next season.

Rooney24

you dont spend 30m on a player to see the best of him next season!

He needs to get his act together.

Dino

Penalties are lotteries and im proud of the kids today.But i was disappointed with the way Berbatov took his penalty.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
you dont spend 30m on a player to see the best of him next season!

He needs to get his act together.
Lunacy. What has a players price tag got to do with how well and quickly he gel's into the squad? Is it Berbatov's fault we paid £30mil? Would he have gelled quicker maybe if we had paid £40mil?

Everyone's quickly forgotten about the poor first 6 months of Evra and Vidic, yet the same people seem to be jumping on the same bandwagon with Berbatov and justifying the rash criticism because of how much we paid for him? Crazy. His price has nowt to do with anything.

evil_geko

This is for Berba supporters, haters get out and close the door please.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Hopefully Ferguson will stick with him next season. He's still absolute class, penalty miss or no penalty miss.

Gazza

Lunacy. What has a players price tag got to do with how well and quickly he gel's into the squad? Is it Berbatov's fault we paid £30mil? Would he have gelled quicker maybe if we had paid £40mil?

Everyone's quickly forgotten about the poor first 6 months of Evra and Vidic, yet the same people seem to be jumping on the same bandwagon with Berbatov and justifying the rash criticism because of how much we paid for him? Crazy. His price has nowt to do with anything.
Spot on.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I like him very much as a player. He was breathtaking at Spurs, haven't seen the best of him in here though. May be next season.......

The only player I've cursed in my life as a United supporter must be Ronaldo.

George the Giraffe

I can't help feeling the lad doesn't help himself. I know he has gone on record as saying the pace he plays at is his natural pace and he will never change. As long as a player is wearing the red shirt he'll get my full support, but I have to say Berba is really testing me. He is undoubtedly a class player, but he could just do with pulling his finger out a little bit.

CptMarvel

Cracking player like all our lads, can't wait till he ends his goal drought and gutted for him that it continued into the penalty shoot out.

Ekeke

Coolest penalty ever. Kicked it so slow that he could save energy for the next game. Very intelligent player.
:lol:

He was teaching our young players that sometimes you get stronger from defeat and pain. And that rebounding from losing a match is part of what makes a player great.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He can still make a difference from now till the end of the season BUT he has to get in the fecking box and if you miss some you miss some. Dimitar your a striker....it's about time you acted like one.

Even anderson who has a disability when it comes to shooting takes a better pen then you. Sort it out.

Kaos

Bit of a nonsense thread this. Anyone who believes that Berbatov's performance today was anything better than poor, clearly knows nothing about the game.

After this (and many previous) sub par performances, we have a right to criticise and be angry at a player who we've spent a huge amount of money on, especially considering the critical debts were in. Does this mean that we want him to pack his bags and take the next flight down south? No, on the contrary most of us are desperate to see him do well in the shirt.

What we dont need is silly threads like this splitting the fans into two extreme categories.

evil_geko

Bit of a nonsense thread this. Anyone who believes that Berbatov's performance today was anything better than poor, clearly knows nothing about the game.

After this (and many previous) sub par performances, we have a right to criticise and be angry at a player who we've spent a huge amount of money on, especially considering the critical debts were in. Does this mean that we want him to pack his bags and take the next flight down south? No, on the contrary most of us are desperate to see him do well in the shirt.

What we dont need is silly threads like this splitting the fans into two extreme categories.
Wrong thread.

Makki

QUITTER
freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
Not really a good argument. Simply put Rio's job is to make tackles Berbatovs job is to score goals. Rio's penalty wasn't great but it was a hell of alot better than Berba's.
You're making it sound like if you're a £30m striker you're automatically a better penalty taker than a £10m striker, and that scoring a penalty is exactly the same thing as scoring a goal in open play.

A penalty isn't really that much about being a good goalscorer, because anyone can reach the goal with a shot from 12 yards. Penalties are about psychology and accuracy, not abilities that only £30m strikers are in posession of.

My point was only that it's ridiculous bringing the transfer fee in everytime a player is criticised.

MrK

It's nonsense to support our players, but not nonsense to give them a bollocking? Nonsense.

How much of that came out of your pocket then? It wasn't your money, it wasn't your decision to spend that much, and it wasn't Berbatov's decision either.

Anyone who whinges about the £30m, then just get on with it and say a big feck you to Ferguson, Gill and Levy - who to my mind are the only ones involved in sanctioning that price.

There's been a very polarised difference in opinion on Berbatov long before today. Would it make you happier if we all just jumped in on the public berating of the man?

Devils Advocate

supporter. shit penalty but scholes, rooney and even eric have all done things like that in the past.

berbs first season, in terms of fans reaction to him, reminds me of teddys first season. i remember teddy was not popular after his first season.

i personally think berbs has done ok this season but not exceptional. i believe he'll be a bit sharper next year and i highly doubt fergie would even contemplate selling him in the summer at a loss. i thought, in contrast to many, i know, that he did well against porto and gave us an element of control.

the proof will be in the pudding i guess but today was just the starter. if we end up with the hot pot and the banana split come may then i think we can accept that we wont have an after dinner mint.

George the Giraffe

You're making it sound like if you're a £30m striker you're automatically a better penalty taker than a £10m striker, and that scoring a penalty is exactly the same thing as scoring a goal in open play.

A penalty isn't really that much about being a good goalscorer, because anyone can reach the goal with a shot from 12 yards. Penalties are about psychology and accuracy, not abilities that only £30m strikers are in posession of.

My point was only that it's ridiculous bringing the transfer fee in everytime a player is criticised.
I wasn't questioning value, I was questioning playing position. I'd expect a £10 million stiker to do a better job than a £30 mill defender.

Like you said its a shot. Strikers regularly practice shooting defenders don't. I can understand that a defender may have a better psychology, but there is no way they should be more accurate. If a striker is not accurate then he isn't worth £30,000 let alone £30 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.