The Old Firm Derby

Claymore

After all Chelsea weren't historically a big club but money has made them a challenger. Same goes for City. So with similar funding and bigger fanbases why wouldn't the Glasgow clubs compete?

BECAUSE in order to do that they have to beg to be let in our league and in our league it wouldn't necessarily mean they'd succeed because of all the other strong 'teams'. Man City and Chelsea as they are now would be above them PL money or not. FACT. Rangers getting into the PL wouldn't guarantee a sugar daddy either, especially being up there.

Some people seem to be under the illusion that them getting into the Prem would be the same as them staying in the league they are in, same level of competition etc, plus the added TV money. It wouldn't. I reckon it'd be a huge culture shock.

As said, no team but those two has won it since 1985. Great league that.

acnumber9

BECAUSE in order to do that they have to beg to be let in our league and in our league it wouldn't necessarily mean they'd succeed because of all the other strong 'teams'. Man City and Chelsea as they are now would be above them PL money or not. FACT. Rangers getting into the PL wouldn't guarantee a sugar daddy either, especially being up there.

Some people seem to be under the illusion that them getting into the Prem would be the same as them staying in the league they are in, same level of competition etc, plus the added TV money. It wouldn't. I reckon it'd be a huge culture shock.

As said, no team but those two has won it since 1985. Great league that.
You're still spectacularly missing the point to the stage where I hope you're doing it deliberately.

Does us a favour and give us an example of people thinking it would be the same level of competition as they currently have?

Claymore

Where are you from? Can't find it on your profile or anywhere......

You're still spectacularly missing the point to the stage where I hope you're doing it deliberately. ?
Not interested in your point or the snotty nose, diggy way you go about it!

Here's some points for you then:

1. Rangers or Celtic have won the title every time since the mid 80's.
2. Premier league > SPL by a country mile
3. Majority if not all PL teams would beat SPL ones over a two legged tie
4. Newcastle United's ground is bigger than Rangers stadium
5. Wigan play better football than both Celtic and Rangers
6. United or Liverpool have NOT won the title every year since the mid 80's
7. Arsenal knocked Celtic out of CL qualifying even though they're pretty much guaranteed a shot at Europe every year :lol:
8. They aren't getting in the Premiership
9. Rangers failed to win the Uefa cup on pretty much home soil against a Russian side
10. Scotland are not going to the Euro's

Now dry your eyes mate.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Just wanted to know but 'could' possibly be relevant as clearly you're suffering from some kind of Scottish football delusion or fantasise too much. So where are you from?
I wouldn't really use that one to be honest. Speak to some of us Scottish football fans. You'll realise that we're more critical and condemning of the state of our leagues over anyone else. The only time when we go all defensive is when someone mocks the Scottish game completely, and dismisses it without watching it at all.

acnumber9

Just wanted to know but 'could' possibly be relevant as clearly you're suffering from some kind of Scottish football delusion or fantasise too much. So where are you from?
When have I made any comment about the quality of Scottish football? You aren't very bright are you?

To help you out I'm not Scottish and have no time for either team.

acnumber9

7. Arsenal knocked Celtic out of CL qualifying even though they're pretty much guaranteed a shot at Europe every year :lol:
9. Rangers failed to win the Uefa cup on pretty much home soil against a Russian side

Now dry your eyes mate.
You may have pushed your earlier post down into second. You're creating a load of arguments that nobody has made. Have you got split personalities?

Claymore

I wouldn't really use that one to be honest. Speak to some of us Scottish football fans. You'll realise that we're more critical and condemning of the state of our leagues over anyone else. The only time when we go all defensive is when someone mocks the Scottish game completely, and dismisses it without watching it at all.

So you saying he's from Scotland?

I disagree with you about Scottish. From my experience, in public, net or even online gaming the majority of Rangers or Celtic fans feel they'd be winning titles in England and making top 4 with ease if they were in it. That's why it boils my piss. I don't feel they would at all, not with how the PL is. Added cash or not. Competition is just too strong and its not ALL about the money. Its like they see easy domination in their league then add on a transfer fee figure and come up with doing well in ours. Crazy IMO but that's just my view.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

Now dry your eyes mate.
All of those points seem to completely ignore the fact that Premier League teams receive a lot more money each year than the Old Firm do, who in turn receive a lot more money than the rest of the teams in Scottish football do.

Claymore

You may have pushed your earlier post down into second. You're creating a load of arguments that nobody has made.
How many times you repeated that rating my post stuff now. Surely its died already? I'll point out what I wish, if I feel its relevant. Deal with it, rate it down all you wish.

Have you got split personalities?
Wish I did, then I could perhaps at least pretend I believe your rubbish view on Rangers being more important than Chelsea etc right now. :lol: But I don't. Not even worth rating.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
So you saying he's from Scotland?

I disagree with you about Scottish. From my experience, in public, net or even online gaming the majority of Rangers or Celtic fans feel they'd be winning titles in England and making top 4 with ease if they were in it. That's why it boils my piss. I don't feel they would at all, not with how the PL is. Added cash or not. Competition is just too strong and its not ALL about the money. Its like they see easy domination in their league then add on a transfer fee figure and come up with doing well in ours. Crazy IMO but that's just my view.
Of course it's all about the money. Are you trying to say the success of the Premiership is primarily down to anything else? Why do you think Rangers comfortably knocked out the English champions (Leeds) in 1992 and haven't been able to repeat the feat since against United? There's a reason why Celtic were able to knock out Blackburn and Liverpool in 2003 but within six seasons looked distinctly second rate against Arsenal in 2009. And it's something to do with that extra £50m a year in TV money, or £300m during that period.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Already been mention mate. Read up.
I know that it's being mentioned, but you seem to be ignoring it, as several things in your list wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the difference in money.

acnumber9

How many times you repeated that rating my post stuff now. Surely its died already? I'll point out what I wish, if I feel its relevant. Deal with it, rate it down all you wish.

Wish I did, then I could perhaps at least pretend I believe your rubbish view on Rangers being more important than Chelsea etc right now. :lol: But I don't. Not even worth rating.
And I shall continue to rate it idiotic. Though pointing it out is redundant as anyone with a pair of functional eyes can see that.

Why do you insist in taking the topic down a path where nobody else? Importance? What does that even mean? Perhaps it is ADHD you suffer from. Rangers are a bigger club than Chelsea. The current quality of the two teams does not change that in much the same way Wigan are not a bigger club than Sheffield Wednesday.

Plan M

Is there an official "Which football club is the biggest?" catalogue available where we can cross reference different teams from different leagues to find out which is "the biggest". Because I'm always reading on the internet that Rangers and Celtic are the biggest clubs ever but it's usually only the Scots and/or Rangers/Celtic fans that actually believe in their own drivel.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Is there an official "Which football club is the biggest?" catalogue available where we can cross reference different teams from different leagues to find out which is "the biggest". Because I'm always reading on the internet that Rangers and Celtic are the biggest clubs ever but it's usually only the Scots and/or Rangers/Celtic fans that actually believe in their own drivel.
Really? In this thread or on this forum?

It seems the anti-old firm posters in this thread have a great deal of fun debating points that aren't being made.