The opportunism of MUST during Rooneygate.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Somebody from MUST just on the BBC saying that Rooney is leaving for trophies, that it can have nothing to do with greed on his part. It also seems to be an excuse/justification for City's approach to things.

Anyone else uncomfortable about this?

Where they did have some unity they could instead cause division.

Devils Advocate

I've temporarily left MUST following the last few days as they aren't speaking for me with their statements on this matter. They have been completely agenda driven on this so far. Hope to rejoin again soon but they have massively misjudged things sofar.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
MUST have acted like retards more than once, this is no surprise to be honest.

Chabon

The lad from MUST just said "this isn't a crisis, this is an opportunity."

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
MUST can piss off. They're just a bunch of opportunistic twats trying to draw attention to themselves rather than focusing on the club. The more they show themselves, the less I like them. Seriously, threatening someone on an internet forum is a joke.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
Heard it too Nick. They need to be careful not to absolve Rooney here.
Absolutely..

MUST should be giving Rooney heaps.

On the other hand, they shouldnt let Gill off the hook here either.

Both sides want hanging out to dry.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I've just left and told them why...I can't believe they are basically legitimising the greed is good mentality on Rooney's part in order to highlight how greed isn't good on theirs...the spastics.

If they really think their fellow supporters want to turn Rooney into a martyr they're living in a fecking dreamland. They need to be very careful not to turn G&G into a joke.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
But their statement about Rooney was either plain right about his reason for leaving, or just maybe was used as the best excuse by Rooney. I think probably the former.

I don't know why anyone is surprised - every piece of 'news' MUST post about is anything they can turn into something anti-Glazer. I don't see why this is any different.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Manchester United Supporters Trust.

One simple question. A lot of you will already know my opinion but I won't give it here just yet, maybe the mods could make this a poll if they don't deem it to controversial a question.

Do you feel they are speaking and acting on your behalf?

Waltraute

She-Devil
I've just left and told them why...Can't believe they are basically absolving and legitimising the greed is good mentality in order to highlight how greed isn't good...the spastics. Furthering their own ends and miles off the pulse of the fans.

If they really think their fellow supporters want to turn Rooney into a martyr they're living in a fecking dreamland.
Regarding what I've bolded, the canonisation process has already started -- just have a look around here today. I'm sure we'll have to live with this nauseating spin slowly being regarded as the truth now -- Rooney the bleeding Martyr, falling on his sword to alert the great unwashed to the perils of the Glazers.

As someone who've been anti-Glazer since day one, I can't even begin to express my disgust, and just like you I've left MUST today. You've put my stance regarding this issue into words perfectly, so no need for me to go on about it here. I just have to say this is even more depressing than Rooney leaving.

What a horrible last few days. :(

F-Red

I get frustrated with them sometimes. Their aim for what they want to achieve is good, however the way they go about it sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. The last 48hrs especially. Do they speak for me? NO

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
They weren't, then they were, now with the Rooney situation I don't think they will be representing me fully and will use his statement to back their own agendas.

NO

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Can we get some sort of YES (they do speak for me, they only have my interests at heart) or NO (they do not speak for me, they have their own agenda's) at the end of each post so I can get some sort of tally?

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I'm still contemplating quitting MUST. I will wait for their customary email before making my decision. Hardly hurts if I unjoin I guess, as I'm a non paying member, one among 169,000. I was thinking of becoming a paid member this month.

There will be a slow spin on this and right now, it's all Wayne Rooney. Soon it will be, David Gill and United.

Devils Advocate

Regarding what I've bolded, the canonisation process has already started -- just have a look around here today. I'm sure we'll have to live with this nauseating spin slowly being regarded as the truth now -- Rooney the bleeding Martyr, falling on his sword to alert the great unwashed to the perils of the Glazers.

As someone who've been anti-Glazer since day one, I can't even begin to express my disgust, and just like you I've left MUST today. You've put my stance regarding this issue into words perfectly, so no need for me to go on about it here. I just have to say this is even more depressing than Rooney leaving.

What a horrible last few days. :(
Same here

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
I wouldn't wipe my arse with anything that they come out with, they dont represent my club in any way shape or form, they are a bunch of gobshites who revel in any club troubles so they can put their poisonous spin on it and blame the glazers for situations that have feck all relevance to the glazers.

Oh and yeah...feck off Drasdo, you dildo head looking twat.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I think this is exactly what the statement from the Rooney camp was intended to do. Which is what makes it so pathetic.

There were always going to be a few who'd jump on it

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I wouldn't wipe my arse with anything that they come out with, they dont represent my club in any way shape or form, they are a bunch of gobshites who revel in any club troubles so they can put their poisonous spin on it and blame the glazers for situations that have feck all relevance to the glazers.

Oh and yeah...feck off Drasdo, you dildo head looking twat.
Can we keep this as clean as possible so this thread isn't closed? I think it's important that we find out the general United Fan's opinion of their Trust and it would be sad to see this thread cut off to avoid them spending yet more of our money on more legal action against us.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I can't believe they are basically legitimising the greed is good mentality on Rooney's part in order to highlight how greed isn't good on theirs...

If they really think their fellow supporters want to turn Rooney into a martyr they're living in a fecking dreamland. They need to be very careful not to turn G&G into a joke.
Summed things up exactly.

Jinn

Ok, i think we need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves. What we must keep in mind is that the most important peroson is still at the club.SAF.
If he turns on us, then we are fecked.

WireRed

I support what MUST are trying to achieve but the way they are trying to achieve it is just disgusting in it's timing aswell as it's selection of the facts to suit the agenda.

Drasdo's statement last night after SAF gave us a detailed account of Wayne's actions was fecking insensitive and moronic, to say the least.

I'm all for fecking the Glazer's off ASAP, but to use a situation like this as a springboard to do so, aswell as declare it as an "oppurtunity" is wrong IMO. Someone at MUST should take a look at themselves.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I support what MUST are trying to achieve but the way they are trying to achieve it is just disgusting in it's timing aswell as it's selection of the facts to suit the agenda.

Drasdo's statement last night after SAF gave us a detailed account of Wayne's actions was fecking insensitive and moronic, to say the least.

I'm all for fecking the Glazer's off ASAP, but to use a situation like this as a springboard to do so, aswell as declare it as an "oppurtunity" is wrong IMO. Someone at MUST should take a look at themselves.
Yep.

Those amateurs speak for me? NO.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
It's a shame my thread was merged as I was geninunely interested to see the outcome, but it's lost in here.

All I can count so far is 8 No, MUST do not speak on my behalf, and 1 "I support what they are trying to achieve but I am disgusted with their methods."

9 Votes is hardly conclusive and it is perhaps a bad time for an unbias survey on MUST but I think it still says an awful lot that the people that are speaking on our behalf seem to have very very little confidence from us.

Crerand Legend

I still completely support everything MUST are trying to achieve. If they keep going down the route they have with Rooney so far they'll lose more support than they gain.
They would have been better staying out of it today and using anything he says will do them no favours. It would be great to see this ownership problem kicked out of the club along with Rooney, the fans and the club need to be working together to everybodys benefit, I note the first thing the new Liverpool owners did on Monday was meet the reps of the different fans assoc's and arrange regular meetings. Oh for this at Old Trafford

Sir A1ex

They certainly aren't handling this issue well.

But I am loving the irony of certain predictable posters opportunistically chipping in with their standard "MUST are lying bastards with a secret agenda" line...

ciderman9000000

They certainly aren't handling this issue well.

But I am loving the irony of certain predictable posters opportunistically chipping in with their standard "MUST are lying bastards with a secret agenda" line...
That sentiment seems pretty widespread tbh, mate.

Crerand Legend

I cannnot understand why someone wouldn't want fan based ownership for their football club where all the profits benefit the football club and not some fat greedy Americans, give me flaming strength