Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
As much as I can't stand Khan, he should start promoting it as the most successful UK wrestling PPV ever. Even if it isn't, it'll put a stick up WWE's hole and they'll want to beat it. Ergo, more PPVs this side of the Atlantic.

Sylar

Great first match. Iyo is a star, her best performance since her nxt days, though probably the first time she's been given the chance

Sylar

That has to be Omos best match right? Obviously major reason being Seth and the crowd

That bad bunny priest match, wow. Could have been main event. The crowd is just fire

Brilliant cameos too.

Last edited:

Sylar

Great backlash, the crowd elevated it to being great.

Think they should have had the bad bunny match main event. The two matches after had the crowd not as loud as they were whole night.

The six man was more about story. Cody/Brock was ok but kinda expected. Once Brock bled it became interesting but was too short from that point

Last edited:

Ekeke

Io and the bad bunny match for entertainment factor both very good and worth watching for. The rest was mid and something was up with the Cody match.
Kept flubbing the german suplexes landing on his arm, but then holds off a kimura to his arm to pin brock

At least some of it was good

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Right. I know this is going to be really unpopular, but I think Samantha Irvin forces it too much. There, I said it.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
It was a decent event, the results were expected. The Damage Control and Bloodline breakup stories progressed decently.

paulscholes18

Damien Priest looked like a future world champion.
He’s one of the 12 contenders for the World heavyweight championship, fully expecting Cody to win it.

Th Miz
Seth Rollins
Austin Theory
Bobby lashley
Edge
Aj Styles
Finn balor
Shinsuke Nakamura
Damian Preist
Cody Rhodes
Sheamus
Rey Mysterio

RedDevilRoshi

He’s one of the 12 contenders for the World heavyweight championship, fully expecting Cody to win it.

Th Miz
Seth Rollins
Austin Theory
Bobby lashley
Edge
Aj Styles
Finn balor
Shinsuke Nakamura
Damian Preist
Cody Rhodes
Sheamus
Rey Mysterio
I wasn’t expecting anyone from Smackdown competing for it as thought this would be a Raw championship belt after Reigns was kept on Smackdown following the recent draft. What was the point of the recent draft then if you are going to have superstars competing for a championship that’s supposed to belong to a different brand?

Reckon it’ll be either Cody or Seth that win it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Th Miz
Seth Rollins
Austin Theory
Bobby lashley
Edge
Aj Styles
Finn balor
Shinsuke Nakamura
Damian Preist
Cody Rhodes
Sheamus
Rey Mysterio
Neh Cody won't win it, his story is tied to Roman.

Seth to win

Sylar

I wasn’t expecting anyone from Smackdown competing for it as thought this would be a Raw championship belt after Reigns was kept on Smackdown following the recent draft. What was the point of the recent draft then if you are going to have superstars competing for a championship that’s supposed to belong to a different brand?

Reckon it’ll be either Cody or Seth that win it.
Yeah hhh said at the press conference. It makes no sense for so many reasons.
First WWE is scripted so they could have written it however they wanted
Also heyman said reigns wants the title but can't compete for it as he's a SD guy...

So we got split but some titles can be across both brands but not reigns as he negotiated part time etc.

It's all a mess that didn't need to be.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
So are there 3 world titles now? Or do Roman's two world titles now effectively become one universal title? Except it isn't a universal title because there is now another world title? Or he has two and the other world champion has one? So it's nearly universal?

Why can't Roman try to win the new world title when other people from smackdown can and he only became universal champion in the first place by winning the world title of the brand he wasn't on? And also obviously would win it since he's literally not allowed to lose?

So now no one on Raw can try to win Roman's titles either, even though they've spent a year calling him the "universal champion"? And have kept Cody on Raw? And even though Roman's titles will obviously be the superior ones?

Even for WWE this is garbage. It makes less sense the more it goes on and it never made sense to start with.

Scottynaldinho

So are there 3 world titles now? Or do Roman's two world titles now effectively become one universal title? Except it isn't a universal title because there is now another world title? Or he has two and the other world champion has one? So it's nearly universal?

Why can't Roman try to win the new world title when other people from smackdown can and he only became universal champion in the first place by winning the world title of the brand he wasn't on? And also obviously would win it since he's literally not allowed to lose?

So now no one on Raw can try to win Roman's titles either, even though they've spent a year calling him the "universal champion"? And have kept Cody on Raw? And even though Roman's titles will obviously be the superior ones?

Even for WWE this is garbage. It makes less sense the more it goes on and it never made sense to start with.
They want to have more title fights on the PPVs while they quietly let Roman break the record hence this decision.

RedDevilRoshi

Yeah hhh said at the press conference. It makes no sense for so many reasons.
First WWE is scripted so they could have written it however they wanted
Also heyman said reigns wants the title but can't compete for it as he's a SD guy...

So we got split but some titles can be across both brands but not reigns as he negotiated part time etc.

It's all a mess that didn't need to be.
From reading your post, it sounds like they’ve just created a mountain out of a molehill which was completely unavoidable to begin with. No point in having a draft if it’s going to be like it was before. Easy thing would have been to have the new world heavyweight championship on Raw and have the Raw superstars compete for it. I’m expecting either Rolllins or Rhodes to win it but in the unlikelihood that it is a Smackdown superstar that claims it, then it just makes the whole thing a huge mess again. Give Smackdown a so-called interim world championship belt and when the time comes for Roman to wrestle again then get it done.

The only ones that probably should be dual brands are both the women’s tag team titles unless we get separate brand ones for those (unlikely) and the men’s ones unless both Sami & KO defend one of the championship belts on each brand (meaning if that doesn’t make sense - with the exception of PPV, the Raw tag team titles can only be defended on Raw & Smackdown ones can only be defended on Smackdown).

Hoof the ball

From This Tuesday in Texas in '91.

Currently running through Jim Crockett Promotions/World Championship Wrestling and WWF right now. That Macho/Jake feud is still the golden standard in storytelling and character work to this day. Jake, especially, is chilling on the stick in this guise. The poster boy for what psychology looks like in wrestling.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
It'll be a Raw guy winning most likely, but Smackdown stars competing for it makes it seem like if one of them wins they'll then be on Raw instead.

Sylar

Wasnt a fan before this, but Jungle Boy doesnt seem to be able to do the basics of being a face either

Not sure what he was like in terms of rudeness or anything.
But he does come off as boring / uninteresting

Sylar

So as of yesterday it seems like all in, is still over 60k tickets sold.
Think the last 30k or so will be dependent on announcements now

Ekeke

Probably the new AEW Saturday show (Collision) will be the announcement on Dynamite next week. New deal with Warner + the new show confirmed. So they have new money and programming from that as well as the Wembley hype. Liked the Omega and Moxley match on Dynamite too.
Finish I thought was okay, but Danielson was putting it over and not knowing about it. Would have thought it was a plan for Callis to join the BCC and take over Regal's kind of spot. But if he didnt know, then maybe Callis doesnt join and for me that would flatten the angle.

Also, didnt like the packages on the "3 challenging pillars" for MJF. These guys shouldnt be in the main event. I mean Sammy can be in the main event with other stars. But Jungle Boy and Darby, the more they do this stuff the less I think they're anywhere near main eventers. Jungle Boy gets more boring the more tv time he gets

The Hilton

Probably the new AEW Saturday show (Collision) will be the announcement on Dynamite next week. New deal with Warner + the new show confirmed. So they have new money and programming from that as well as the Wembley hype. Liked the Omega and Moxley match on Dynamite too.
Finish I thought was okay, but Danielson was putting it over and not knowing about it. Would have thought it was a plan for Callis to join the BCC and take over Regal's kind of spot. But if he didnt know, then maybe Callis doesnt join and for me that would flatten the angle.

Also, didnt like the packages on the "3 challenging pillars" for MJF. These guys shouldnt be in the main event. I mean Sammy can be in the main event with other stars. But Jungle Boy and Darby, the more they do this stuff the less I think they're anywhere near main eventers. Jungle Boy gets more boring the more tv time he gets
Certainly looks like the announcement is the new show. It was the first time Punk was featured on AEW TV since his injury, as MJF name dropped him and there was loads of footage of their matches. If he gets the new show, as it sounds like, I can't wait as I found him to be the most interesting part of almost every show he was in.

You're right about the pillars packages, none of them are on the level of MJF, Darby could get there but Sammy and Jungle Boy have so little charisma, you could replace either of them with another flippy athletic wrestler and it wouldn't make much difference.

Sylar

Callis stopped moxley from hitting omega with the screwdriver
Then let moxley get hit with the one winged angel
Then hit omega with the screwdriver anyway

I feel like they could have done that better. I did like the call back to their title match with Don screwing mox last time and this time omega

Otherwise best dynamite in ages

paulscholes18

The WWE championship won’t be getting defended at NOC then. Maybe the Usos cost Roman and Solo the match

RedDevilRoshi

The WWE championship won’t be getting defended at NOC then. Maybe the Usos cost Roman and Solo the match
No surprise as they want him to pass the 1,000 days as champion.

Yeah probably or Roman & Solo win the titles and end up defending them against the Uso’s at the next ppv.

Sylar

Smackdown was a good show with a shit crowd.

The first triple threat (cept the ending) deserved a much better crowd

Ekeke

Smackdown was a good show with a shit crowd.

The first triple threat (cept the ending) deserved a much better crowd
Thought that was really good till the ending where I suspect
Edge got caught flush with the 619 kick and was out of it when Rey jumped into him

Sylar

Thought that was really good till the ending where I suspect
Edge got caught flush with the 619 kick and was out of it when Rey jumped into him
Yeah looked like he was meant to spear Rey then get caught himself.

I was actually hoping
edge would win and face Seth, possibly get the title, move to Raw and do a retirement tour as champ until he loses the belt and his career (possibly to Seth)