The race for 4th

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
We need to beat the Chavs next week. Seeing them finish fifth would be beautiful.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Spurs remaining games: Southampton H, Chelsea A, Stoke A, Sunderland H
Arsenal remaining games: QPR A, Wigan H, Newcastle A
Chelsea remaining games: Man Utd A, Tottenham H, Villa A, Everton H

Current points:
Chelsea 65 from 34 games
Arsenal 64 from 35 games
Spurs 62 from 34 games

IMO certain wins there are Spurs against Southampton and Sunderland, Arsenal against QPR and Wigan, Chelsea against Everton and Villa which puts them with following points and remaining games:

Spurs 68, Chelsea A and Stoke A
Arsenal 70, Newcastle A
Chelsea 71, Man Utd A and Spurs H

So unless Spurs can get something, preferably a win at Stamford they'll be 5th.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We need to beat the Chavs next week. Seeing them finish fifth would be beautiful.
Not going to happen. They'll beat Villa and Everton which will put them on 71 minimum so unless they lose to Spurs, they'll be finishing ahead of them anyway.

Chabon

Is everyone still bizarrely certain that Chelsea will beat an Aston Villa team who will most likely stay up if they win? Their other supposed banker is against a team they essentially never beat.

If Spurs show up for the next couple of weeks then Chelsea are buggered.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Spurs have to show up though.

This season I've gone from saying 'You know what.. If they keep Bale they could be the real deal next season.. I may just give them some credit here'.. to 'For fecks sake..? You bottling cnuts will you just fecking stop bottling it?...'

For me they have to go into that Chelsea game on the back of two victories and hope that everything falls into place. They've bottled a couple of winnable games in the last few weeks which is frustrating.

edit: they drew with Wigan, so yeah that is what I was getting at. On the back of a victory against Soton.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Sandro's injury and Lennon's layoff has hurt them the most. Also, the fact that they tried to play Bale in a central role for some reason. :houllier:

I would still say, Spurs vs Chelsea will be the decider. In that meantime, if Arsenal could sneak into 3rd, good for them.