The race to not qualify for Europe (previously: Our last seven fixtures in the league this season)

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We should keep ETH. We have already achieved what's required—9 points above our requirement. And with 7 games in hand.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I'd rather play some of the fringe players now, unless ETH is under orders to at least get some kind of European football for the sponsors?

Imo I'd rather no European football for 1 season get rid of the rubbish , and bring in some quality, Players will still come to OT even with a Season in Europe.. but it looks like 1 European comp at least..
With the bald/ball-less wonder? I doubt it.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Bournemouth away - Loss

Sheffield at home - Win

Burnley at home - Win

Palace away - Draw

Arsenal at home - Loss

Brighton away - Draw

Newcastle at home - Win

Fr. Todd Unctious

Bournemouth away - Loss

Sheffield at home - Win

Burnley at home - Win

Palace away - Draw

Arsenal at home - Win

Brighton away - Loss

Newcastle at home (TBD) - Win

AndySmith1990

Reckon we'll win the next four to give us some hope of 5th,then lose the last two

Nickelodeon

Hopeful/Deluded/Optimistic spin on things. Villa are 11 points ahead of us with one more game played. Given how Top 4 chasing teams, particularly those involved in Europe, end their seasons, it's not unthinkable that Villa will drop 8-9 points in their last 6 games. Similarly, Spurs have some massively difficult fixtures. It's improbable that they will loose 4 out of 7 but looking at their fixtures, it's not beyond the realms of possibility. Of course, what is more unthinkable is that we'll win all our games. I know that these types of analyses don't ever work out, but I live in hope so let's give it a closer look. Red being a defeat and yellow a draw in the table.

Spurs (4th, 60 pts, 31 played)Villa (5th, 60 pts, 32 played)United (6th, 49 points, 31 played)
Newcastle (A)Arsenal (A)Bournemouth (A)
Arsenal (H)Bournemouth (H)Sheffield United (H)
Chelsea (A)Chelsea (H)Burnley (H)
Man City (H)Newcastle (H)
Liverpool (A)Brighton (A)Crystal Palace (A)
Burnley (H)Liverpool (H)Arsenal (H)
Sheffield United (A)Palace (A)Brighton (A)

That's 14 points dropped for Spurs and 10 points dropped for Villa taking them to 67 points and 68 points respectively. Naturally, putting together a 7 game winning run for us is next to impossible for this side but if we have to do it, these are the games for it. Had we not dropped the 5 points vs Brentford and Chelsea, we would've been in a really strong position right now. But I want and hope that the team can take advantage of the next few games before Arsenal and continue to put pressure on Spurs and Villa since they have significantly more difficult run of fixtures than us.

Bournemouth away 2-1 Loss

Sheffield at home 1-0 win

Burnley at home 1-0 win

Palace away 2-1 loss

Arsenal at home 1-3 loss

Brighton away 0-1 loss

Newcastle at home (TBD) 0-1 loss

Season ends with -5 GD.

Wilt

Bournemouth Loss
Sheffield Win
Burnley Win
Palace Draw
Arsenal Loss
Brighton Loss
Newcastle Win

59 points 7th

Woziak

Hopeful/Deluded/Optimistic spin on things. Villa are 11 points ahead of us with one more game played. Given how Top 4 chasing teams, particularly those involved in Europe, end their seasons, it's not unthinkable that Villa will drop 8-9 points in their last 6 games. Similarly, Spurs have some massively difficult fixtures. It's improbable that they will loose 4 out of 7 but looking at their fixtures, it's not beyond the realms of possibility. Of course, what is more unthinkable is that we'll win all our games. I know that these types of analyses don't ever work out, but I live in hope so let's give it a closer look. Red being a defeat and yellow a draw in the table.

Spurs (4th, 60 pts, 31 played)Villa (5th, 60 pts, 32 played)United (6th, 49 points, 31 played)
Newcastle (A)Arsenal (A)Bournemouth (A)
Arsenal (H)Bournemouth (H)Sheffield United (H)
Chelsea (A)Chelsea (H)Burnley (H)
Man City (H)Newcastle (H)
Liverpool (A)Brighton (A)Crystal Palace (A)
Burnley (H)Liverpool (H)Arsenal (H)
Sheffield United (A)Palace (A)Brighton (A)

That's 14 points dropped for Spurs and 10 points dropped for Villa taking them to 67 points and 68 points respectively. Naturally, putting together a 7 game winning run for us is next to impossible for this side but if we have to do it, these are the games for it. Had we not dropped the 5 points vs Brentford and Chelsea, we would've been in a really strong position right now. But I want and hope that the team can take advantage of the next few games before Arsenal and continue to put pressure on Spurs and Villa since they have significantly more difficult run of fixtures than us.
You would be far more sensible doing a race for 6th/7th and include West Ham, Newcastle, Chelsea and Brighton?

Woziak

Bournemouth Loss
Sheffield Win
Burnley Win
Palace Draw
Arsenal Loss
Brighton Loss
Newcastle Win

59 points 7th
I think we’ll get revenge for Bournemouth and draw with Newcastle plus finally beat Brighton so I’m going 4 wins 2 draws 1defeat and 63 points which should just scape in 6th!

Wilt

I think we’ll get revenge for Bournemouth and draw with Newcastle plus finally beat Brighton so I’m going 4 wins 2 draws 1defeat and 63 points which should just scape in 6th!
Think 14 points from 7 games is a big ask for this lot

Zed 101

Bournemouth Loss
Coventry Loss
Sheffield Win
Burnley Draw
Palace Draw
Arsenal Loss
Brighton Loss
Newcastle Draw

lex talionis

Nothing more to play for this season. Let's look forward to next season.
Give young Amass a run out at left back (he can't be worse than AWB)
Play Willy at CB alongside Maguire until Martinez is fit
Give Amad a run out as a #10 (give Bruno a break). Wouls love midfiled next year with Kobbie and Amad with a good defensive controlling midfielder)
Give Willians fom the youth team a few games as a sub
Agree with recommendations. But we still have a cup to play for.

TrailMonkey

Bournemouth away - Draw

Sheffield at home - Win

Burnley at home - Win

Palace away - Draw

Arsenal at home - Loss

Brighton away - Loss

Newcastle at home (TBD) - Draw

8/21 pts

Woziak

Bournemouth away - Draw

Sheffield at home - Win

Burnley at home - Win

Palace away - Draw

Arsenal at home - Loss

Brighton away - Loss

Newcastle at home (TBD) - Draw

8/21 pts
That’s 9 points pal which would mean we’ve equalled our 58 points lowest ever in the PL.

Woziak

Think 14 points from 7 games is a big ask for this lot
They’ll almost play without pressure now and we are better than all these teams apart from Arsenal, we also have 4 home games and 3 away, that’s the bare minimum but in line with our season it’s probably 3 Wins 1 draw 3 defeats which is 10 finishing on 59 points.

Lentwood

Knowing this team, we'll lose to Bournemouth and Palace etc...and beat Arsenal - handing Liverpool the title and sealing our Europa Conference League spot in the process

BorisManUtd

Bournemouth away - draw

Sheffield at home - win

Burnley at home - win

Palace away - win

Arsenal at home - draw

Brighton away - draw

Newcastle at home (TBD) - draw

That's 13 points out of possible 21, which would mean we end the season with 62 points. Could possibly beat Newcastle, but lose to Bournemouth and draw/lose at Palace. But 11-13 points out of 21 seems realistic.

It's decent set of games we've got left but asking this team to win 7 in row is really too much. Since Ferguson's retirement, our best winning runs were made of 6 wins in a row: November-December 2014, March-April 2015, December-January 2016/17, December-January 2018/19. So it's been more than 5 years since we won 6 in a row and you'd have to go back to Fergie's last season when we won 7 consecutive games in the league. If we do win last 7 games and reach Fa Cup final (and even win it), then surely they'd keep ten Hag.

Edit: actually just realised that my prediction means no defeats in last 7. That's unrealistic to happen as well. Surely (at least) one of Bournemouth/Arsenal/Brighton will be losses.

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I really want to beat Newcastle, feels like we haven't for ages tne annoying feckers.

Other then that, I think we'll beat Bournemouth, Sheffield Utd and Burnley, not beat Palace, Arsenal will beat us and we'll either draw or lose to Brighton in a meaningless game.

BorisManUtd

I really want to beat Newcastle, feels like we haven't for ages tne annoying feckers.

Other then that, I think we'll beat Bournemouth, Sheffield Utd and Burnley, not beat Palace, Arsenal will beat us and we'll either draw or lose to Brighton in a meaningless game.
Last time we beat them in the league was on Ronaldo's return, September 2021. Could be important game in terms of finishing 6th as well. Newcastle and Chelsea (and West Ham) have a decent chance to take take position over us if we continue to drop many points.

Statue of Limitations

We are winning the FA Cup anyway, our remaining league games matter little, asides from resting players v Arsenal for the greater good.
We will finish 6th pretty much regardless.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I know it’s a long shot but if we got 12 pts from the next 4 games then that will give us a bit of hope. Villa and spurs have a difficult run in.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We're only favourites to win 2 out of those 7 games.
I’d say we’re Fav in 3. Should win at least 3 of them. Probably not the ones you’d expect though, we’ll probably lose to Sheff Utd and beat Arsenal :lol:

Lee565

Will we get above our worst season tally of 48 from the season ragnick took charge?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
West Ham and Chelsea still with a great opportunity to secure privileged Europa/Conference football next season (leaving aside the scenario if Chelsea/United win the FA Cup). Chelsea on +3 GD 6 points behind us but two games in hand (which for them probably means 1 point). West Ham -4 GD 2 points behind, but they're out of Europe (in all but name) so could stage a late assault on the European places.