The race to not qualify for Europe (previously: Our last seven fixtures in the league this season)

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Bournemouth away

Sheffield at home

Burnley at home

Palace away

Arsenal at home

Brighton away

Newcastle at home (TBD)

I'm in a bit of a pickle here, I don't want the Europa but I still want 18 points from these matches, that would give us a whopping 67 points total :lol:

edit: forgot Newcastle at home - not scheduled yet.

Last edited:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
In the scenario that we are already out of the CL and a win vs Arsenal hands the title to Liverpool... Would you want Arsenal to beat us?

despairingfool

We have 7 games left. You left out Newcastle at home. If we win all 7 (probably won't), we end up on 70 points.

Tottenham will comfortably surpass 70 points, hence we're playing for 5th position.

Aston villa have 6 games left and are on 60 points.

If we finish 5th, what's the story with champions league?

thisisnottaken1

In the scenario that we are already out of the CL and a win vs Arsenal hands the title to Liverpool... Would you want Arsenal to beat us?
Yes. Call me petty, but yes. I’d rather lose any game than see them match our 20 titles.

and honestly, with regards to OP, the Europa League is one of our best chances at a trophy unfortunately.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Bournemouth, 1-1

Sheffield, 3-1

Burnley, 2-1

Palace, 2-0

Arsenal, 0-3

Brighton, 2-2.

8 points from 18. Probably sees us drop to the Conference League spots.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
If we finish 5th, what's the story with champions league?
England currently sits just outside the top 2 in the coefficient race for an extra CL spot, but has more currently active teams in European competition than Germany, so chances are pretty high for the PL getting the 5th place CL spot.

klsv

I can see us potentially ending the season with a positive goal difference.

Sir Erik ten Hag

I can't care less about it, to be honest. I'll be watching City and Arsenal more closely in hope of the scousers don't match our 20-time record.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don’t think I’ll ever want us to lose a game, but if we lost I reckon I’d cope just fine.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Yes.

but I’d still want to win while watching it but wouldn’t be distraught at losing it

Todd

We'll beat Sheffield and Burnley

We'll draw with Bournemouth, Palace, and Newcastle, whom you've forgotten about

We'll lose to Arsenal and Brighton

So, 9 points from the final 21, to end on 58 points

If Ten Hag isn't sacked before June I'll have no faith in SJR moving into the summer

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
England currently sits just outside the top 2 in the coefficient race for an extra CL spot, but has more currently active teams in European competition than Germany, so chances are pretty high for the PL getting the 5th place CL spot.
How come it's only a race between Germany and England?
Italy have no team left in CL. Can't they drop to 3rd place?

Big Ben Foster

Supports
How come it's only a race between Germany and England?
Italy have no team left in CL. Can't they drop to 3rd place?
Sure, but they're further ahead in the rankings and they have 4 active clubs, while Germany only have 3.

BorisManUtd

It's really nice set of fixtures and if we actually were in top 4 race, I'd give us advantage to finish in top 4. We can beat Bournemouth and Palace away, should beat Sheffield United and Burnley at home, can beat Newcastle at home as they haven't looked great either. Brighton also don't look amazing and Arsenal game is at home so we'd have a chance.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Only game that matters is the Arsenal game. Hopefully Liverpool drop more points before then so we can beat them and still have them win the league.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Sheffield United.

BTW, also find it madness why you wouldn't want us to be in the EL. I blame Uefa for devaluing the Uefa Cup, but modern fans are crazy.

Irwin99

I don't really trust this team to win the so called 'easy' games. Specially with the attack seemingly out of form, other than Garnacho.

The FA cup is really our season- a final against Chelsea would be great fun at least.

wolvored

Bournemouth, 1-2 loss

Sheffield, 3-1win

Burnley, 2-0 win

Palace, 1-2 loss

Arsenal, 1-3 loss

Brighton, 1-2 loss

6 points from 18.

dutchred

Nothing more to play for this season. Let's look forward to next season.
Give young Amass a run out at left back (he can't be worse than AWB)
Play Willy at CB alongside Maguire until Martinez is fit
Give Amad a run out as a #10 (give Bruno a break). Wouls love midfiled next year with Kobbie and Amad with a good defensive controlling midfielder)
Give Willians fom the youth team a few games as a sub

Telsim

After these last three games, I don't expect more than 10 points until the end of the season. Which will see us match the point tally for the worst season in recent memory. Seems about right.

Europa League awaits. Awful...

SER19

We need 19 to have even a sniff. Not happening

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If we were to drop out of Europa League and into Conference League, I would actually prefer for us to not be in Europe at all. Would give ETH more time to train the team and navigate around fixtures with less fatigue and injuries, especially as we would be guaranteed to go far in ECL which is full of mediocre teams.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Hard of see us winning any of those game besides Sheffield and Burnley, and even those two would be a struggle.

Walters_19_MuFc

Bournemouth away - Draw

Sheffield at home - Win

Burnley at home - Win

Palace away - Win

Arsenal at home - Draw

Brighton away - Loss

Newcastle home - Draw

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
If we were to drop out of Europa League and into Conference League, I would actually prefer for us to not be in Europe at all. Would give ETH more time to train the team and navigate around fixtures with less fatigue and injuries, especially as we would be guaranteed to go far in ECL which is full of mediocre teams.
:lol:

You are relentless with your shtick.

BorisManUtd

Sheffield United.

BTW, also find it madness why you wouldn't want us to be in the EL. I blame Uefa for devaluing the Uefa Cup, but modern fans are crazy.
I think it's because we've played so much in it in recent years and only won it once. 15/16 second part of the season we played EL, 16/17 was nice because we won. Then 19/20 we lost in semis to Sevilla, 20/21 on penalties in final vs Villarreal and 22/23 lost in quarters in a really frustrating fashion. But given our performances we definitely belong to Europa more than CL, no doubt.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think it's because we've played so much in it in recent years and only won it once. 15/16 second part of the season we played EL, 16/17 was nice because we won. Then 19/20 we lost in semis to Sevilla, 20/21 on penalties in final vs Villarreal and 22/23 lost in quarters in a really frustrating fashion. But given our performances we definitely belong to Europa more than CL, no doubt.
EL is a good competition now, and basically our level. You see some properly big teams there as well, as well as a host of good up and coming young sides.

BorisManUtd

EL is a good competition now, and basically our level. You see some properly big teams there as well, as well as a host of good up and coming young sides.
True and it is our level. I personally just been sick of it after 3 painful losses to Spanish sides. If we get Europa spot for next season, I'll be happy actually. That's a decent chance for a trophy and CL qualification.