The 'Real Caftards' Fantasy League 2009/10

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Well that was one long painful season, I managed a late charge but was way too far off the pace, mostly due to captaining decisions of staggering incompetence. Yep, that's the word, incompetence.

Congratulations Jesse Mach.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
what's your team name in the league 711?
I am somewhat suspicious of this question, but it gives me the chance to say that I think everyone in Real Caftards should include their Username in their team name so we know who's who. There are a million other leagues to join for anyone who has the Cafe as a low priority.

I managed to incorporate my name in a particularly cunning manner, and finished in 5th place.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I am somewhat suspicious of this question, but it gives me the chance to say that I think everyone in Real Caftards should include their Username in their team name so we know who's who. There are a million other leagues to join for anyone who has the Cafe as a low priority.

I managed to incorporate my name in a particularly cunning manner, and finished in 5th place.
I agree see the CL for example I made it compulsory an it worked wonders!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
is Micky O on here?
I am assuming by your sudden appearance here (and the Malaysian connection) that you are Jesse Mach?
Did you change your team name during the season? If I was in 2nd place then I probably would have disqualified you for that !

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Definitely the way forward - it was suggested this season and will be a rule from next.

mavric

I am assuming by your sudden appearance here (and the Malaysian connection) that you are Jesse Mach?
Did you change your team name during the season? If I was in 2nd place then I probably would have disqualified you for that !
ah i that i did. there was this other fella in another mini league who went by the team name of autobot who gloated and goaded me with his 160 point lead with about 5-6 weeks to go. so i transformed into a decepticon and gave him a mighty chase.

conclusion. he still topped me by 12 points but i am sure he was sweating as he glanced in his rearview mirror week after week. if only there was one more game this season. :lol:

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Definitely the way forward - it was suggested this season and will be a rule from next.
My only gripe being that I'm in other leagues and calling my team Cling Bak is just rubbish. I incorporated it into my name.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
My only gripe being that I'm in other leagues and calling my team Cling Bak is just rubbish. I incorporated it into my name.
You should be proud of your Caf username! It doesnt have to be exactly the same - as long as a team name encorporates your Caf name then it will be ok.
But if you prefer to keep it seperate then you do have the option of setting up 2 teams with one specifically for the Caf game

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I was hoping to keep a tight grip on 7th spot.. Serves me right to have outlandish dreams of Drogba doing nothing and Nani scoring for fun hence making him my captain..

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
You should be proud of your Caf username! It doesnt have to be exactly the same - as long as a team name encorporates your Caf name then it will be ok.
But if you prefer to keep it seperate then you do have the option of setting up 2 teams with one specifically for the Caf game
Updating both is a pain though! But I see your point and totally agree that the name should be in there somewhere, makes it much better.

Anyone found a WC one?

Dyslexic Untied

19 for me this year. I'm pretty happy with that.

My goal before this season was to average 50 pts per round. I ended up with 55. Next season I will be aiming for 60 pts per round.

I'm down for a WC fantasy if anyone finds a good one.

I also forgot about my CL fantasy this year so that went tits up.

Dyslexic Untied

It seems like Fifa had a World Cup Fantasy for the qualification. So I guess, when all the squads are ready and official they will set up a game on their website.

I suggest we wait for that one, instead of doing some unofficial fantasy. Thoughts?

Rowem

gently, down the stream
4th is decent enough. Not having Lampard for the run-in lost me any chance of winning.

It seems like Fifa had a World Cup Fantasy for the qualification. So I guess, when all the squads are ready and official they will set up a game on their website.

I suggest we wait for that one, instead of doing some unofficial fantasy. Thoughts?
Yup

Canuckred64

Enjoyed the league this year, although I didn't have as good of year as last season. ( But neither did United so I am in good company) Never recovered from injuries to Fabregas, Rooney and Torres and picked the wrong captain too many times.

Many thanks to Roodboy for setting this up and updating the standing throughout the year.

I would be interested in a World Cup fantasy team as well. Is there going to be an official redcafe league somewhere?

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite

theres no rush so may as well wait for the proper one

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Enjoyed the league this year, although I didn't have as good of year as last season. ( But neither did United so I am in good company) Never recovered from injuries to Fabregas, Rooney and Torres and picked the wrong captain too many times.

Many thanks to Roodboy for setting this up and updating the standing throughout the year.

I would be interested in a World Cup fantasy team as well. Is there going to be an official redcafe league somewhere?
No worries! Although I didnt really do as much updating as I did last year - mostly due to not being arsed because of my shite team performance!

See new World Cup fantasy thread!

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
I finished a lowly 86th last season and managed to improve to 16th this one....see you in May Rob for a new battle.

Congratulations to Jesse Mach on winning.