The 'Real Caftards' Fantasy League 2009/10

Canuckred64

I'm just terrible when it comes to 50/50 decisions. I wanted a Bolton defender in my team and had first chosen Knight but then at the last minute decided to go with Steinsson instead...

Still, 6 points is good. 14 would have been better though...
Tell me about it. I debated til the last minute whether to make Fabregas or Drogba my captain. 32 points for Fabregas and 4 for Drogba. Unfortunately I went for Drogba as captain.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Tell me about it. I debated til the last minute whether to make Fabregas or Drogba my captain. 32 points for Fabregas and 4 for Drogba. Unfortunately I went for Drogba as captain.
I had the same decision - thankfully I went for Fabregas - good job as well since I only have about 7 players actually playing this weekend

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
I have both, but how anyone could captain Fabregas, away to Stoke, who are good at home, over Droggy, scored twice last game and home to City, who are shit away, is beyond me.

I seriously don't know wtf is going on anymore.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I have both, but how anyone could captain Fabregas, away to Stoke, who are good at home, over Droggy, scored twice last game and home to City, who are shit away, is beyond me.

Basically it was a tactical masterstroke on my behalf :D

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner

I made the same decision and it seemed pretty logical to me..

Canuckred64

I made the same decision and it seemed pretty logical to me..
That was my reasoning for going with Drogba over Fabregas, but it turned out to be wrong.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I think I confused you people.. I chose Fabregas as my captain..
Great minds Chirag :)

So I assume everyone will be going for Fab as captain this week?
Since I am a fair bit behind, I may go for someone else - need to gamble to try and catch up.

Canuckred64

I went for Fabregas as Captain today and he only last about 36 minutes. But the most disappointing thing is I took a four point hit to try to field a full team and one of the players I brought in was Bendtner and if he had took his chances today I may have finished first over all for the week.

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
Well well. Top, Roods and yours truly are juxtapositioned, just like last year.

All we have to do now is start a new league which none of the other feckers can enter.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

All we have to do now is start a new league which none of the other feckers can enter.
Now we just need Top to flake out and we have a 2 horse race :D

twitter thread suggester

Heh, I think I was in the bottom 5 of the Caf league the first 4 rounds.

Overall Rank Form

twitter thread suggester
Useless Liverpool, couldn't even keep a clean sheet when I've got Insua in the team. Meanwhile Steinsson is on the bench with pockets full of points.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
For 3 seasons of Fantasy football, whenever I've picked Gerrard in my team Torres scores a ton. Whenever I pick Torres, he gets injured.

feck you Gerrard. feck you.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I've realised all I do in this thread is moan about how much I hate fantasy football, so on a brighter note: I am up to 5th. yay!

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Footy Gods came through for me: James Milner scores!

I'm back in the hunt... still should have chosen Rooney for captain, but I'll take 18 points.
Wait for the Bonus mate.. He is sure to get some if not all 3.. Which will mean only 2 points less than what Rooney got if chosen as the captain..

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Goals from Caldwell and Captain Milner for me tonight! Plus N'Zogbia assist. Nice. Think I must be close to 3rd after this.

Canuckred64

Not a bad week, 90 points, but this the second double week that I have had three Villa players and they have failed to deliver the goods, one goal between the three. Plus how can Titus Bramble play two complete games and get zero points?

Canuckred64

A lot of questions for next week with all those teams playing twice.

Do I put Valencia and Bendtner on my bench and play Jarvis of Wolves and Dann of Birmingham because they play twice?

Whether to captain Milner again or switch to Drogba is another question?

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Good call... puts me in the 10 spot for the Head-to-Head... and 24th. On my way back into the thick of it.
I see your having some luck on the Head to head.. I have had terrible luck on that, which is why I am 25th in that and 8th in the League..

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
feck you James Milner. feck you very much.

twitter thread suggester
This is going to be a terrible round. Most of my players from today ony have 1 or 0 points. Wigan among the only teams to keep a clean sheet, so naturally Scharner had to go off after 30 minutes.

Though at least I have Steinsson a couple places back on the bench.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
glad i drafted in Bent as last minute extra transfer - although i did swap Fabregas for Milner so need him to deliver midweek

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I think I just made a really shit move by removing Rooney and drafting in a striker who is playing 2 games.. leaving aside the loss I would make if I decide to buy Rooney back..

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Arteta, O'Hara and Fabregas have made this a good week for me!

Up to 3rd now, 8 players to play again, 7 if Ivanovic is out injured.

twitter thread suggester

That's how you do it, folks. My worst round ever, though luckily some players play twice.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I think I just made a really shit move by removing Rooney and drafting in a striker who is playing 2 games.. leaving aside the loss I would make if I decide to buy Rooney back..
Luckily it wasn't and news that he may be injured for the weekends game.. Which may make me lucky enough to see some people sell and hence lead for his price to drop a few points.. Is it just me or does anyone else have 11 players who are due to play 2 games? I just hope squad rotation doesn't feck me over..

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
You seem confused Rob...the red arrow alongside your name means you have gone down, not up. :p
I predict the arrow with be flashing 'Green' with a blinking 'JACKPOT' above it, by tomorrow evening. :p

Goal from Captain Drogba and now one from Malouda (and another)... picking up steam!

No way... another goal combo of Malouda - Drogba