The Reality Draft - Finals: VivaJanuzaj vs antohan

Who will win with players at their peaks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Congrats to anto - and kudos to Viva!

Kudos and champagne to @Edgar Allan Pillow too, not least - it's been a great draft, one which hopefully will lead to more adventurous approaches to these little games of ours.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Yes, 22-20 if you ignore your own rule of Theon x 1 and MJJ x 2...
I think they switched the votes around, when Theon basically took over completely ahead of the semifinal. MJJ himself stated, that Theon should have the double vote, because he did most of the work. But yeah, good that it didn't matter, could have caused a bit of drama in the end.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I think they switched the votes around, when Theon basically took over completely ahead of the semifinal. MJJ himself stated, that Theon should have the double vote, because he did most of the work. But yeah, good that it didn't matter, could have caused a bit of drama in the end.
Yeah, I noticed that but chose to ignore it to avoid midgame drama.

Edgar had been clear about it though and it is relevant that rules aren't changed halfway through a game because I knew beforehand Theon was always going to vote for Romario and against a back three even if it wasn't one. 1-0 down from the start was nailed on, while I took MJJs vote as a fair challenge for either manager to get. Not that I did since I was sleeping when he mulled over it.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich

Edgar had been clear about it though and it is relevant that rules aren't changed halfway through a game because I knew beforehand Theon was always going to vote for Romario and against a back three even if it wasn't one. 1-0 down from the start was nailed on, while I took MJJs vote as a fair challenge for either manager to get. Not that I did since I was sleeping when he mulled over it.
I think it's a fair decision once Theon completely took over for the semifinal. Anyway, congrats. Beautiful team :)

MJJ

:lol: Yeah balu won that one for you. I voted for you initially but then changed my vote after reading all the comments.

and then changed it back to you

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Congrats Anto! How the feck you pulled that out after those initial few random picks you got is beyond me! Unlucky Viva - great effort throughout and you ran Anto very close here. EAP - great draft mate. Very smoothly run.

I would have voted for Anto if I hadn't went back to sleep again. I haven't been entirely convinced by his defensive set-up or personnel trhroughout, but Sammer really was the missing part of the jigsaw. There's just noone better at judging when to put out fires at the back and when to push further up the pitch.

I posted this video in another draft and I still think it gives a great flavour of what he was about as a player:

I respected Viva's decision to stick with his instincts regarding his midfield, and I didn't think the lack of a recognised playmaker was as terminal a problem as others suggested. Not with the creativity he had further up the park. Getting the ball to the forward players was Keane's bread and butter, even more so than breaking up the opposition's play imo. Some of his best performances for Utd came alongside Butt and not Scholes, and Vs Portugal and Holland for Ireland he was paired with the likes of Kinsella and Matty Holland. His ball retention and distribution to the attackers was still top notch.

Annahnomoss

Congrats both managers, VJ for making it so far and in my eyes putting together the best team - and Anto for one heck of a performance in the match threads.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Great game, deserved to be as close as it was.

Was leaning towards Anto but couldn't convince myself enough to vote, well done to both.

Skizzo

Unfortunately couldn't read enough of the thread to be able to vote fairly based on the managers tactics.

Did think about throwing in a cheeky late vote just to tie it up for drama.

congrats anto