12. Aldo - 1. Senna 2. Hagi 3. Pirlo 4. Schweinsteiger
13. The Red Viper - 1. Prosinečki 2. Robben 3. Scholes 4. Vidic
14. VivaJanuzaj - 1. Francescoli 2. Seedorf 3. Breitner 4. Vierchowod
15. harms - 1. Puyol 2. Blokhin 3. Falcao 4. Roberto Carlos
16. crappycraperson - 1. Nadal 2. M. Kempes 3. Roy Keane 4. Jan Ceulemans

@Theon
@Chesterlestreet

Annahnomoss

Don't like too many of the striker options[edit:had missed romario], but I dislike Henry/Kalle up front the least as they can both provide width as well. It also means Sammer gets to be in his best position.

-------Henry-Rummenigge
---------------Rivaldo
--------Breitner-----Tardelli
---------------Sammer
Brehme-Maldini---Scirea---Cafu

Last edited:

Annahnomoss

I will be here for two hours more or so, not sure if that is too useful though. Might go earlier as well.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Some really odd choices in the ones posted so far, e.g. people still don't know how to play Passarella.

Some of these guys are very difficult calls, but with proven partnerships and telepathic understanding in mind I'd probably go for this:

Loads of German efficiency and an effective sprinkling of Brazilian flair. It's funny, this was what I was looking forward to try get as close to as possible. Actually, it isn't funny.

antohan

Allan Simonsen seem to be quite a character. Whilse still on good form, he left Barca for struggling Charlton in 2nd tier and after performing good there, left for Vejle BK of his hometown.

Totally weird! He should get some 'lessons' from Rooney, I'd say :lol:

About 10 months before:

:lol:
He is a very lovable chap, which is exactly why I would have none of this "not a GOAT" nonsense. I've got some funny stories but can't get into them now as I'd have to go into unpicked names.

Re: him leaving Barcelona, you are forgetting at the time there were very strict foreigner quotas and, with Schuster in his pomp, Barca signed none other than Diego Armando Maradona. Barca tried get La Liga to increase the quota to three and when that failed they tried retain him as a sub for when one of the others got injured. As it turns out he would have played a fair bit as both Diego's and Bernd's records were horrific, but faced with the distinct possibility of not getting regular football Simonsen opted for moving on somewhere he would get it.

On the one hand I think he just loved playing, always with a smile on his face, and couldn't care less where as long as he did. On the other, I think what also weighed heavily was Denmark were starting to build something exciting and he was the golden oldie and inspiration for that entire generation, so couldn't let them down by dropping his standards/fitness/form.

Smashing fella and, indeed, a terrible dancer:

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Anyone gonna try for the bonus votes and attempt a WM formation in round 1? Definitely a risk of getting hammered by scan voters but would make it a bit more interesting at least... =\

antohan

Anyone gonna try for the bonus votes and attempt a WM formation in round 1? Definitely a risk of getting hammered by scan voters but would make it a bit more interesting at least... =\
I'm waiting for my crap striker to see if I can somehow shoehorn him into a WM.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I will but with a view to selecting players which will suit more orthodox formations as time goes on (if I make it past round one haha)

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Chester has not turned up so I dont know what you want to do. I don't want to just pick another player for him without him being here, particularly as he needs to draft very well to make up for lost ground in which case he might be unhappy with my choices.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Do we know when he is supposed to be back?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Reminds me of the exact problem we wanted to avoid by not using assistant managers..
I'm not his assistant manager. You couldn't find anyone who wanted to play instead of Chester so to allow the game to go ahead I picked one player for him, then he could take over when he came back.

I'm not sure what you want to happen?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I'd say the best way to continue is for you to take over for good, Theon. I'm sure Chesterle doesn't expect the draft to wait for him. It's a bit of a problem if you don't want to play though :lol: .

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I'd say the best way to continue is for you to take over for good, Theon. I'm sure Chesterle doesn't expect the draft to wait for him. It's a bit of a problem if you don't want to play though :lol: .
Aye exactly, what I'm worried about and can foresee happening is that I pick a few more players for him - then Chester comes back and decides he doesn't like the team/doesn't want to play in which case I'm stuck playing a game I didn't want to.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Aye exactly, what I'm worried about and can foresee happening is that I pick a few more players for him - then Chester comes back and decides he doesn't like the team/doesn't want to play in which case I'm stuck playing a game I didn't want to.
Deep down, you know you want to play and draw anto in the first round. Go for it. At least everyone else wants that to happen

VivaJanuzaj

I'm not his assistant manager. You couldn't find anyone who wanted to play instead of Chester so to allow the game to go ahead I picked one player for him, then he could take over when he came back.

I'm not sure what you want to happen?
Didn't know that was the case.. Sorry mate.

Do you think you want to take over that team? anto did send a peace gesture :eek:

Moby

Dick
Will be great if Theon can take over completely, though obviously his call if he has time and interest.

Otherwise perhaps @Edgar Allan Pillow can change the title to needing a replacement so that if someone is interested we'd be able to know.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Deep down, you know you want to play and draw anto in the first round. Go for it. At least everyone else wants that to happen
:lol: We seem to be getting on better right now, so I don't think a draft game would be the best idea :D

Otherwise perhaps @Edgar Allan Pillow can change the title to needing a replacement so that if someone is interested we'd be able to know.
And Chester may still want to play when he comes back, which would be good if the new player didn't have the time to do the matches and write ups.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Whatever the case best to decide sooner rather than later. It'll be harder to get a replacement the longer down the line you go.

VivaJanuzaj

The draft has had a brilliant pace so far, so I think getting a solution soon is necessary so we won't lose it.
@Theon I take it you don't want to replace Chester?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
The draft has had a brilliant pace so far, so I think getting a solution soon is necessary so we won't lose it.
@Theon I take it you don't want to replace Chester?
Aye, I would definitely prefer not to have to do that. I'm busy with work and don't have much free time at the moment as it is.

If you really cannot find anyone who can play and Chester does not come back then I'll do it, but I would prefer not to.