The Reality Draft: Main Thread (Finals)

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Near 10 people signed up in other thread. You can sign up here and post your nominations too.
I didn't follow that much, who signed up then? Should be in the OP.

I'm a bit rusty with this, will need to wrap my head around the available pool and how to play this nominations thing. SSome of the nominated "GOATs" really are an arse.

Moby

Dick

I'm a bit rusty with this, will need to wrap my head around the available pool and how to play this nominations thing. SSome of the nominated "GOATs" really are an arse.
It's quite simple and EAP has formulated it excellently. I'm looking forward to this a lot, I love the drafts which have this element of luck, surprise and unpredictability. That was the one gripe I have with auction format, there's no suspense. Everything out in the open, everyone's plan in the open. Even the snake drafts have the element of the draft order which means at every stage you decide who to go for and who to leave, and he may or may not be there later, etc.

There's a format not far off from EAP's perhaps we can try it in one of the future drafts.

Skizzo

It's quite simple and EAP has formulated it excellently. I'm looking forward to this a lot, I love the drafts which have this element of luck, surprise and unpredictability. That was the one gripe I have with auction format, there's no suspense. Everything out in the open, everyone's plan in the open. Even the snake drafts have the element of the draft order which means at every stage you decide who to go for and who to leave, and he may or may not be there later, etc.

There's a format not far off from EAP's perhaps we can try it in one of the future drafts.
That's why I like you Aldo...planning future drafts before the first round of the current one.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

Well, I just checked and below have signed up:

Chesterlestreet
Aldo
Red Viper
VivaJanuzaj
Skizzo
Annahnomoss
BorisDeLeFora
Joga Bonito
Stobzilla

In other draft games, managers decide and control the strategy picking players they want. Here this premise is weakened as strategy may be driven by random allocated players. You need to adapt to enhance a existing team (which is closer to reality) rather than build a new one (pure fantasy).
You can nominate any good player. The theme is that managers are usually stuck with existing players in the team and never start at scratch.

Last edited:

antohan

I got the gist of it EAP, and it does look like fun, which is why I'm willing to give this one a shot. Proper classic snake draft with some randomness thrown in to shake it up a bit :D

You should re-focus the thread on completing the roster though, people seeing this with people already making blocks/picks and running into a second page might conclude it's already done and dusted. You may even want to change the thread title momentarily with "- 6 manager spots left".

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Thanks for the tag EAP. However, given the risk of brainfarting my way through this, I'm gonna take the easy option of criticising and booing from the sidelines.

antohan

Errr... Fruitcake, if you are playing, who is doing the donkey work of randomising stuff? It's easy enough with the DoF but Tevez/injuries/suspensions require running every squad individually.

Any takers?

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Personally love a bit of randomness and curve balls like the Tevezbola and the Hargrutis thingy. Makes it more challenging imo and the youth pick makes it more refreshing. In the worst case scenario it might not work out very well (for eg both your best players get ruled out etc) but it can be improved upon in later editions like the poster above stated.

antohan

As most happens at different rounds, should be ok. I can get someone to help out if me posting the randomizer screenshot will cause trouble.
Just wait for someone to lose their star player to Tevezbola or, worse, their keeper getting suspended requiring the use of an upgrade in that position.

We've had meltdowns for far simpler things than that, but they all look REALLY important at the time.

antohan

Personally love a bit of randomness and curve balls like the Tevezbola and the Hargrutis thingy. Makes it more challenging imo and the youth pick makes it more refreshing. In the worst case scenario it might not work out very well (for eg both your best players get ruled out etc) but it can be improved upon in later editions like the poster above stated.
Voce é o cara que ficava puto com a gente por falar bobagem na Copa (arbitragem, etc.)?

antohan

is there a strict time table for every round and the matches?
Same as usual - up to 8 hours for picks and teams to arrange times according to availability.

Draft should be quicker as 4 rounds are based on a random allocation (i.e. up to 4 x 16picks x 8hours traded for about 10 minutes + however long it takes us to make the nominations).

I assume EAP will set some sort of deadline for games to be done with seeing as it's been an issue lately. Nothing ridiculous should be needed though, it's really down to GameMasters growing some balls and kicking people out if they go AWOL. Simple.

antohan

Suspected that but I saw the word 'por' in his post and that was all it took to convince me it was Spanish :D

Clearly don't know much about both languages...
Aye, it's per, but I speak Spanish so excuse the slip ;)

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I'll give it a go but I do apologise if I don't know what I'm doing, it won't be for the want of trying.

Annahnomoss

I'll give it a go but I do apologise if I don't know what I'm doing, it won't be for the want of trying.
No worries, people will answer everything you wonder about in the thread. The only thing that is important is knowing that you have time for it.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Participation confirmed. My nominations for the pools are:
Player Block Pool - Ronaldinho
DoF Interference Pool: Forward - Rummenigge
DoF Interference Pool: Midfielder - Falcao
DoF Interference Pool: Defender - Scirea
Legacy Pool - Gallas

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
No worries, people will answer everything you wonder about in the thread. The only thing that is important is knowing that you have time for it.
Cool, time I have. If any of the below is wrong.. let me know.

Player Block Pool - Zico
DoF Interference Pool: Forward -Batistuta
DoF Interference Pool: Midfielder - Xavi
DoF Interference Pool: Defender - Cafu
Legacy Pool -Puyol

Last edited:

BorisDeLeFora

Player Block Pool - Giggs

DoF Interference Pool: Forward -
Zlatan
DoF Interference Pool: Midfielder - Neeskens
DoF Interference Pool: Defender - Baresi