Participation confirmed. My nominations for the pools are:
Player Block Pool - Michael Laudrup
DoF Interference Pool: Forward - Thierry Henry
DoF Interference Pool: Midfielder - Bernd Schuster
DoF Interference Pool: Defender - Jürgen Kohler
Legacy Pool - Robert Prosinečki

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Weclome to NYC. If you have time for a beer, let me know. There a bunch here, me RDCR, Red Devil, adexkola etc...
You're in NYC?! Unfortunately mine and my fiancées time is rather tight in NYC, 4 and a half days, and she's never been so we want to cover all the tourist hotspots so may have to pass on that beer!

However if you don't mind I might drop you a PM just to get some info on places to eat things to do etc?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
@Edgar Allan Pillow is there still a place? I didn't want to sign up as there were much more worthy managers around but if you need one and all the usual one don't want to, I would be glad to participate.

If legitimate?

Player Block Pool - Matthaus
DoF Interference Pool: Forward - Bergkamp
DoF Interference Pool: Midfielder - Keane
DoF Interference Pool: Defender - Brehme
Legacy Pool - Camoranesi

Last edited:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
@Edgar Allan Pillow is there still a place? I didn't want to sign up as there were much more worthy managers around but if you need one and all the usual one don't want to, I would be glad to participate.
:confused: Everyone is a worthy draft manager!

Monster of a block as well!

Anyone fancy tallying up all the players in each category so I know where the heck I'm standing here? :D

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
:confused: Everyone is a worthy draft manager!

Monster of a block as well!

Anyone fancy tallying up all the players in each category so I know where the heck I'm standing here? :D
Player Block Pool:
L. Ronaldo, Zidane, Rijkaard, Redondo, Thuram, Maradona, Ronaldinho, Zico, M. Laudrup, Zico, Giggs, Matthaus
DoF Interference Pool: Forward
Stoichkov, van Basten, Romario, Shevchenko, Raul, Weah, Rossi, Rummenigge, Zlatan, Henry, Bergkamp
DoF Interference Pool: Midfielder
Ballack, Iniesta, Brya Robson, Scholes, Giggs, Platini, Xavi, Falcao, Neeskens, Schuster, Keane
DoF Interference Pool: Defender
Maldini, Zanetti, Passarella, Lahm, Nesta, Desailly, Scirea, Baresi, Kohler, Cafu, Brehme
Legacy Pool
Brolin, Marcos Senna, Nigel Winterburn, Mascherano, Ljungberg, Cocu, Gary Neville, Gallas, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Puyol, Prosinecki

I think that's it - I made this list out of EAP's to make my picks. Probably missed somebody - there aren't the same amount of players in each category :confused:

Everyone is worthy, but some are more worthy than others, I just don't know that much about football history, I mostly enjoy following the drafts and learning something new on the way

Last edited:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

If legitimate?

Player Block Pool - Matthaus
DoF Interference Pool: Forward - Bergkamp
DoF Interference Pool: Midfielder - Keane
DoF Interference Pool: Defender - Brehme
Legacy Pool - Camoranesi
The only worthy manager is one who wins the damn thing. At the beginning all are in the same boat. Welcome to the draft!

And you've officially made my hate list for blocking Matthaus. :mad:

Annahnomoss

Everyone is worthy, but some are more worthy than others, I just don't know that much about football history, I mostly enjoy following the drafts and learning something new on the way
Aldo said the same thing about himself some draft ago and now he's won the recent one.

antohan

When did Zlatan become GOAT material? He is comparably shit and a tactical arse if you get him, looks more a sheep than anything else when others could get the likes of van Basten or Stoichkov (yes, please!).

antohan

The prospect of getting the likes of Zlatan, Bollox, Brolin or Camoranesi is starting to really annoy me.

Annahnomoss

Brolin is one of the most underrated players around due to his injury in 1994 which he never returned from. Unfortunately for him his great career prior to that isn't remembered at all and all we have left is a player who is judged after his career ending injury.

He fits perfectly in the legacy pool as his history has been rewritten and his legacy forgotten.

Skizzo

Brolin is one of the most underrated players around due to his injury in 1994 which he never returned from. Unfortunately for him his great career prior to that isn't remembered at all and all we have left is a player who is judged after his career ending injury.

He fits perfectly in the legacy pool as his history has been rewritten and his legacy forgotten.
I remember him looking like he never forgot a meal.

antohan

Can agree with Zlatan and Ballack as they are in the DoF pool. The other 2 are perfect fits in the Legacy pool.
I agree they are fair representations of a normal player, my problem would be how the feck to use them more than quality. I mean, Gary Neville will do a job at RB and you may not bother with that for a while, but putting together a team in which Brolin/Camoranesi make sense is a completely different cup of tea.

It's more the tactical impact that I dread. The only pool that I'm more or less fine with anyone is the defenders really. That said, it's ultimately random so it can always come back to bite people in the arse anyway. I'm seriously considering picking players I think deserve a real shot, although I imagine some may not be happy to get them :lol:

Annahnomoss

That is true. Like in the Uefa 1992 when Sweden, England, France and the legendary Danish team were in the same group.

Brolin made a meal out of Laudrup's Denmark and he lead Sweden to winning the group, and was a joint top scorer in the tournament, then going out in the semi finals.

antohan

On the plus side, if you end up needing to build a team around him your opponent could never claim to be "attacking the space". There's none left on the pitch.

Annahnomoss

You guys are just jealous. He just has a well developed cheek muscle structure.

antohan

That is true. Like in the Uefa 1992 when Sweden, England, France and the legendary Danish team were in the same group.

Brolin made a meal out of Laudrup's Denmark and he lead Sweden to winning the group, and was a joint top scorer in the tournament, then going out in the semi finals.
Michael Laudrup wasn't playing. Denmark won the tourno anyway.

Good player, but once you HAVE to play him it seriously impairs your side as there are no doubt more than 16 better CAMs/support strikers in this draft.

Never mind anyway, I'm just giving you the cue to laugh hard when I end up getting him, Bollocks and Zlatan.