The Reality Draft: Main Thread (Finals)

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Sorry, @Edgar Allan Pillow .

Was a bit busy. Hence, I couldn't send it. I will send it to you soon. But can we start the match in the evening? (BST)
Fine by me up to ~8PM BST, later than that and we won't have much discussion going on, then the whole night... and Thursday is a bad day for me, next thing you know the game is over with little manager debate... Unless that's the point :p

antohan

Do set a time though, that would be bang in the middle of busy times for me so need to schedule it.

VivaJanuzaj

Realistically you'd play Koeman and not Montero, but I'm not up for another raging debate on Koeman.
:lol:

Yeah And I take it as a better formation.
TBF, I'm not sure Montero won't be a better partner to Tresor than Koeman. Tresor-Montero is simply perfect in terms of fitting each other.

antohan

:lol:

Yeah And I take it as a better formation.
TBF, I'm not sure Montero won't be a better partner to Tresor than Koeman. Tresor-Montero is simply perfect in terms of fitting each other.
I know, that's why I paired them! But in that setup you want a bit of Koeman, and Tresor is the sort that would make up for any weaknesses (primarily pace/slow on the turn, he wasn't a bad defender, by any means).

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I went for Gentile and Koeman simply because Gentile can cover as fulll back and Koeman's aggressiveness faciliated quick transitions. De Rossi, Davids are quite capapble of the box-to-box role and with Davids /Becks it adds flexibity on the flanks too. Be it passing, carring the ball forward or a fantastic cross, they can do it all!

If only you had chosen someone other than Monetero, we could have had a great match between these 2 teams :lol:

Annahnomoss

I would have went for Cabrini-Gentile on one side and then Tresor-Bossis on the other. Either partnered with a great defensive midfielder like Cerezo(If he's out) or using Tresor as a libero. Schuster-Davids probably has to be in it and out wide and up front I think it is down to preferences of which style you want to play. Figo-Beckham is a classic, but Figo-Stoichkov is better in my eyes.

A lot of great players left out.

antohan

I would have went for Cabrini-Gentile on one side and then Tresor-Bossis on the other.
Tresor-Bossis was a given for me. At the other end it was Cabrini-Montero but I toyed with Briegel-Forster, Cabrini-Briegel and Briegel-Koeman. Ultimately, I wanted Cabrini and the best fit between him and Tresor was clearly Paolo.

Annahnomoss

Tresor-Bossis was a given for me. At the other end it was Cabrini-Montero but I toyed with Briegel-Forster, Cabrini-Briegel and Briegel-Koeman. Ultimately, I wanted Cabrini and the best fit between him and Tresor was clearly Paolo.
I prefer Cabrini with Gentile for the same reason I prefer Tresor and Bossis, they played together. But hard to go wrong when all options are so good.

antohan

I prefer Cabrini with Gentile for the same reason I prefer Tresor and Bossis, they played together. But hard to go wrong when all options are so good.
Yeah, I got that, but not keen on Gentile as the left-side CB. He can do it, of course, but it's probably a bit like how you didn't like him as CB next to Scirea.

VivaJanuzaj

@Theon whenever you are back from office mate!

@MJJ
They didn't send tactics yet? Or we're waiting for them to come back and start it?
EAP I'd really appreciate if you let me know when things change if you know a bit ahead because I was certain it starts at 12 GMT. I don't intend on being a douche because you're doing a great job and it's probably not your fault anyway, just want to know how to plan my day

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
They didn't send tactics yet? Or we're waiting for them to come back and start it?
EAP I'd really appreciate if you let me know when things change if you know a bit ahead because I was certain it starts at 12 GMT. I don't intend on being a douche because you're doing a great job and it's probably not your fault anyway, just want to know how to plan my day
Seems MJJ's internet is in the dumps still. Theon mentioned that just like his last match, he will come back from office and send in the tactics. I assume it'll be between 5-6 pm UK time, so I'm expecting it soon.

Should have let you know :-(

VivaJanuzaj

Seems MJJ's internet is in the dumps still. Theon mentioned that just like his last match, he will come back from office and send in the tactics. I assume it'll be between 5-6 pm UK time, so I'm expecting it soon.

Should have let you know :-(
No it's alright mate. Okay start it when they'll be back and I'll join later on

antohan

Go on @VivaJanuzaj, break my heart :(

Will Monday 1PM suit you? I can't do Tuesday at all, struggle with Wednesday but could be a goer, else Thursday

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
So do Viva pick Romario... or a LB and move Zanetti to right .. or Falcao to replace Seedorf in MF trio.

VivaJanuzaj

It's a huge question for me. I'm still thinking about it. I don't think I need now that Francescoli has recovered from his injury, although I'm terrified if anto gets him. On the other hand, Falcao is perfect for my vision for my team and will also be perfect for my team imo. I also fancy having Sammer to win Balu's vote ahead :D

Not sure. It might be only tomorrow morning anto

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
It's a huge question for me. I'm still thinking about it. I don't think I need now that Francescoli has recovered from his injury, although I'm terrified if anto gets him. On the other hand, Falcao is perfect for my vision for my team and will also be perfect for my team imo. I also fancy having Sammer to win Balu's vote ahead :D

Not sure. It might be only tomorrow morning anto
I voted against Sammer in MJJ/Theon's team though ;)

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Viva should get Romario, I think his team is pretty flat going forward so bringing in the sheer explosive ability of Romario would be the biggest boost.

Annahnomoss

Romario for me too. Enzo is coming back and he is already a playmaker which was lacking this game.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
This order shit is really fecking unfair, HUGE at this stage :mad:
Should have been either randomised or in a sheep draft way. Both pick at the same time and send their picks to EAP. If they're different players, both get their pick. If both pick the same player, he fecks off to Argentina and joins that crazy party down there and the round starts again.

Last edited:

antohan

Interesting concept that. I'm sure EAP didn't foresee the issue but that would have been a great way to avoid this situation. The order advantage is long gone and you could argue Kohler-Zanetti at the halfway was better balanced than Neeskens-Amoros due to "picking first".

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Brietnigge and Enzo are good enough attack. Think you should get Cerezo to shut down the game for anto.
No way no way no way on Cerezo.

It's not a great attack really. Getting Romario would bring it up a clear level, he's unmatched as a #9 there.