The Reality Draft: Main Thread (Finals)

VivaJanuzaj

Yeah feck that I'll have Romario :drool:

Sorry @antohan
I agree it should be a randomizer but as I think we've agreed on sticking to the original rules I don't think it should be implied here.

EAP if you think otherwise and want to randomize it I'll go for it for sports. It's only fair I guess.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
If I was viva, I would have picked falcao and moved brietner to left back, zanetti to right. MF 2 of Keane falcao. Attacking 4 in rumm, ruud, enzo and dejan

VivaJanuzaj

If I was viva, I would have picked falcao and moved brietner to left back, zanetti to right. MF 2 of Keane falcao. Attacking 4 in rumm, ruud, enzo and dejan
That could've been incredibly interesting, surely a suprise for anto as he would've expected me to play Falcao instead of Seedorf in the same 4-3-3. How would you think that attack set up? Savicevic AM and Enzo and Kalle inside forwards? or Enzo as the AM?

Annahnomoss

That is too smart to be fair to say in the thread to be honest. Well done! Completely slipped through my mind.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
And break up Brietnigge? Think it has more value than Breitner as LB alone...

And leave anto with Romario?

Don't think it's worth it.

Is there no English article on Brietnigge?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Thanks for keeping your mouth shut long enough?

Romario? Pffffft... never wanted him, been psyching VivaJ for a week now, ever since the draw because he would have first dibs on the final piece of my jigsaw.

antohan

Anto is in a spot of bother I think. Is he going to gamble on Abidal against Brietnigge?
You are all getting a bit carried away, on both counts.

1) Abidal in the right setup and role is a superb defender, and I stand by that, always have, and other managers will acknowledge I always keep banging on about him as an option, not just now that I have him. They largely ignore my advice, so I'm aware he isn't that highly rated, but I don't ditch players who can do the job well because they aren't popular. feck that.

2) No one in their right mind would try stop those two with a single defender. For starters, Effenberg will relish the challenge with another Bayern legend. The rest of it is about system and attacking the source of the problem (possession), not worrying about Kalle in the final third.

VivaJanuzaj

1) Abidal in the right setup and role is a superb defender, and I stand by that, always have, and other managers will acknowledge I always keep banging on about him as an option, not just now that I have him. They largely ignore my advice, so I'm aware he isn't that highly rated, but I don't ditch players who can do the job well because they aren't popular. feck that.

2) No one in their right mind would try stop those two with a single defender. For starters, Effenberg will relish the challenge with another Bayern legend. The rest of it is about system and attacking the source of the problem (possession), not worrying about Kalle in the final third.
Go on stop banging around. Whose it gonna be for you?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

I was just guessing. Hierro back would be a huge boost. And I think Baggio and Nedved will be good against Viva. I'm sure you have something up your sleeve.

VivaJanuzaj

BTW, are you fine with a Monday 1PM BST start?
Yeah I guess I am. BST means what in GMT?
and take your time ;)

I was just guessing. Hierro back would be a huge boost. And I think Baggio and Nedved will be good against Viva. I'm sure you have something up your sleeve.
Yep I don't think any team will have an actual weakness tbf, I don't think anyone has any easy route to goal against my team with the defensive strength of my midfield and anto has some top notch players.
TBF I do rate Abidal higher than most people, but I just think he'll stick out here. He's a top notch defender but I think he'll be the weakest player on field. Sadly for him, like anto said he isn't even rated highly so might be a huge problem for anto in scan voters.

antohan

Meh, nothing shocking. With this guy I get to complete EXACTLY the team I set out to put together when making my first reinforcement picks.

In fact, ever since the last draw I spent the entire week bummed that there was no chance I could get him for the final.

Now I'll bide my time as VivaJ has to pay for all my suffering! :annoyed:

Or maybe not as I am all giddy and want to start drawing up formations...

antohan

Awesome game indeed :drool:

Thanks feck for Romario, I absolutely needed Sammer to make it all fall into place nicely and I was hoping him tormenting you all game would make you go for him. I know, I'll never hear the end of it either, but I'm happy to have got where I wanted.

Would rather lose with my team than win without having put it together at all. That's the sour taste I got in the All-time draft, it really wasn't the team I would have liked to put together, but back then you couldn't pick from a pool but rivals.

antohan

Fair enough. Anto's resourceful enough to recover from that one anyway.
Somewhere in the distance i can hear Anto playing this:

You've done okay with the random picks mate :D. Your team's looking great. Vivajanuzaj has hit the jackpot though!
:lol: Anto can't catch a break here, and I'm starting to think Viva's bribing EAP!
Mwahahahaha! :keano:

The reason Gio knows better Pat is I've pulled more than one win out of the hat when looking doomed.

antohan

Bummer, I can only really do Thursday TBH, I couldn't do Tuesday at all and pushed some Monday stuff to Wednesday.

See if you find the time in the morning, I doubt the shutdown will be much of an issue (not sure how polls work, but maybe EAP can make it so it lasts 14 hours and sort of eliminates that scheduled blackout?). I can't start after the blackout, as I would miss the last couple of hours and would only show up about a day later!

I wouldn't want to have a game you haven't prepared for properly though, so fine with moving it to Thursday. It just drags on a bit, which is an arse.

VivaJanuzaj

I'll try to find the time today but I highly doubt it, sorry mates. If I'll manage to send you my tactics go ahead an start it whenever EAP and I'll join when possible, if I won't send you ji time lets call if Thursday

antohan

@antohan I've sent my tactics. If you want to start go ahead @Edgar Allan Pillow I might be on and off for the night time here.

Good luck antohan. Lets keep it clean shall we? :nervous: :lol:
Are you happy with what you sent? The on/off stuff is minor, I will also be away for quite some time mid-game, it's either end that ultimately matters.

I suppose @Edgar Allan Pillow can tell whether it's a proper write-up or something rushed for a deadline?

I'm fine waiting for Thursday if needs be.

VivaJanuzaj

Are you happy with what you sent? The on/off stuff is minor, I will also be away for quite some time mid-game, it's either end that ultimately matters.

I suppose @Edgar Allan Pillow can tell whether it's a proper write-up or something rushed for a deadline?

I'm fine waiting for Thursday if needs be.
Nah I had the half hour to write it it's play mate we can go ahead, you'll say I'm a twat and have a quote to deny every single statement I make anyway ;)

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Congrats anto! Well deserved winner.

And thus ends this draft!
Brilliant job, mate. I especially liked that you sticked with your rules from the op, no changes at all during the draft, and forced that games are played quickly after the draw, so that it didn't drag out too long. Yeah, it sucks, if we have a few walkovers in the first round, but it's clearly necessary to keep the momentum going. It really was one of the best drafts since I followed them on the Caf and the final was a brilliant game. In the last 2 years, it often seemed like most managers already lost interest in the draft when the final was finally played after weeks and weeks of waiting.