The Reality Draft - QF: Theon/MJJ vs harms

Who will win with players at their peaks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
It's 18 to 16 votes with the A2 rule (Any team not using 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 Diamond will be awarded two bonus votes in Quarter Finals) breaking the tie in favour of Theon and MJJ's team. Congrats @Theon @MJJ great game guys. Commiserations @harms , tough luck.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
MJJ (14)
Jayvin
Raees
Chesterlestreet
Cutch
Gio
Thisistheone
Rykker_4united
PedroMendez
Invictus
BigDunc9
RobinLFC
Annahnomoss

harms (14)
antohan
crappycraperson
VivaJanuzaj
Skizzo
Joga Bonito
manikandan nair
Balu
Edgar Allan Pillow
Fergus' son

Actual scoreline is a tie. harms loses out on the advantage votes for employing the 4-4- diamond whilst Theon / MJJ gets them added to their tally.

Final Scoreline: Theon / MJJ 16 - 14 harms

Congrats @Theon @MJJ
Absolutely fantastic game @harms I loved your team! (and due to my jinx, you inevitable lose :()

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Damn - close shave. The diamond business was the clincher, then. But in fairness it WAS a diamond, even before the updated formation illustration, as Balu correctly pointed out.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
One of the drawbacks of trying to over-engineer the draft. Was trying to avoid the inclination of most team to using 4-2-3-1 as seen in previous draft and did not foresee this complication before, tbh!
Yep - but the idea isn't bad in itself. Probably best to restrict it to highly unusual formations, though. Extra points for using the WM was a fine idea, for instance.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Feck off Annah, you traitor :mad: not really

Literally walked through the doors ten seconds ago. Maybe it was for the best though, I criticized my opponent's players too much in this draft, I think - and if I would've been able to participate today, I would've surely mentioned about some of Rodriguez horrendous defensive performances last year.

Good luck going further, @MJJ and @Theon

I quite enjoyed participating.

P.S. and feck this pothead Stielike, he would've been perfect in my team, partnered with Forster and Kaltz and freeing Falcao and Neeskens :drool:

Interesting to look who will be picked from my team.

harms

Staff
Damn - close shave. The diamond business was the clincher, then. But in fairness it WAS a diamond, even before the updated formation illustration, as Balu correctly pointed out.
I think that it was anto? Maybe I was wrong, was following this thread on my phone today.
Bergkamp wasn't going to participate much in midfield game, which, I think, is what is required of an AM on top of the diamond. In my mind it was still more like Bergkamp-Krankl partnership with a free-roaming Blokhin coming from the left or from the right - but I get that you can call this a diamond.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I think that it was anto? Maybe I was wrong, was following this thread on my phone today.
Bergkamp wasn't going to participate much in midfield game, which, I think, is what is required of an AM on top of the diamond. In my mind it was still more like Bergkamp-Krankl partnership with a free-roaming Blokhin coming from the left or from the right - but I get that you can call this a diamond.
Hm - yes. Question is then whether Blokhin is really the man for that sort of role? For me a Blokhin-Krankl partnership looks more natural - with Bergkamp in a deeper role. At any rate I think that's how most would read it - and, frankly, I think it's the best use of the players too.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
You should have. That was a game changer.
Wasn't too much focus on any of the fullbacks. Rodriguez is clearly a potential weak point - no question about that. For me, though, in this particular match - not so much, given that he wasn't being hassled by a top notch trickster out wide. It was mainly Kaltz and his crosses - and in my opinion Theon/MJJ would've dealt with this.

I'd look to upgrade there, though, for the semifinal - that goes without saying, really.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Yep, that was me, sorry :(

See Annah? Learn how you make it a draw: knock two points off one, then give him your two points. That's how you do this, bitch. :cool:

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Feck me, that was an incredibly tough game - some really difficult discussion there. But I thought a lot of it read well, which is good.

Maybe it was for the best though, I criticized my opponent's players too much in this draft, I think - and if I would've been able to participate today, I would've surely mentioned about some of Rodriguez horrendous defensive performances last year.
:lol: Aye, the tone was set with your brutal OP which tore shreds into the side. Nothing wrong with it though, I was on the back foot for most of that game because of how you went about the discussion.

Some of the criticism was harsh mind, but it's all part of the game - Passarella for instance was an incredible defender, as in actual defending, and deserves to be recognised as such.

harms

Staff
Wasn't too much focus on any of the fullbacks. Rodriguez is clearly a potential weak point - no question about that. For me, though, in this particular match - not so much, given that he wasn't being hassled by a top notch trickster out wide. It was mainly Kaltz and his crosses - and in my opinion Theon/MJJ would've dealt with this.

I'd look to upgrade there, though, for the semifinal - that goes without saying, really.
Well, Blokhin was going to exploit that space and him in particular - I think that I said that, I remember that I deleted half of my write up because there was too much about potential weakness of Rodriguez-Passarella partnership.

I need to stop arguing for my team, I lost already, ffs :lol:

harms

Staff
Feck me, that was an incredibly tough game - some really difficult discussion there. But I thought a lot of it read well, which is good.

:lol: Aye, the tone was set with your brutal OP which tore shreds into the side. Nothing wrong with it though, I was on the back foot for most of that game because of how you went about the discussion.

Some of the criticism was harsh mind, but it's all part of the game - Passarella for instance was an incredible defender, as in actual defending, and deserves to be recognised as such.
Yep, he was great, but I still believe that him and Sammer in one team (and non of them as a sweeper) is just overkill.

But I criticized Bochini way too much, he was fantastic tbf. He reminds me of our Angel, actually, with his "always, always pass forward" approach

It would be interesting to see how you will change your team - or are you going with 4-2-2-2 to the semis also?