The Reality Draft: Round 1 - Jayvin vs ctp

Who will win with players at their peaks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Annahnomoss

You can get away with being lighter in midfield with a back three and solid wing backs behind you than a mere back four. Parma had a well gelled 3-5-2 or 3-4-2-1 set-up that freed up Brolin to link midfield and attack.
He definitely needs the defensive cover in a central midfield trio to be able to push forward from his right central midfield role. If you play a 2 man midfield he's best off placed as a RM instead who will cut in and act as a playmaker in the offense but defend out wide right.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yes, someone did. I asssume Sousa was insurance for Rio/Hargo taking Guardiola away and, with him, the entire setup :lol:
Yes...the Rio/Hargo factor. Now, to me that part of it means you simply don't pick a player like Pep or Pirlo if you plan on fielding a team which depends on that role. But there you go. Gambling is part and parcel of the game, obviously.

Can't bother to check - but did Albertini go?

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Yes...the Rio/Hargo factor. Now, to me that part of it means you simply don't pick a player like Pep or Pirlo if you plan on fielding a team which depends on that role. But there you go. Gambling is part and parcel of the game, obviously.

Can't bother to check - but did Albertini go?
Nope the metronome didn't go.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Nope the metronome didn't go.
Outrageous. I was thinking about picking him myself (as I have before - and I rate him extremely highly). But I was hampered by Posh Spice's hubby in all sorts of ways.

Anyway, as a "back-up" (I'd take Demetrio over that bald cnut any day myself) to Guardiola, he'd be pretty decent.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
He can try a decent WM. Defenders are not perfect, but the 2 DM's would help. That attack will just be sweet and might counter the defensive weakness.

......Kaka.....Sheva.......Lato............
............Xavi.............Brolin..............
..........Guadriola......Sousa..............
.....Kohler...Carvalho...Carvajal......

And the 3 advantage votes would be invauable :lol:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Outrageous. I was thinking about picking him myself (as I have before - and I rate him extremely highly). But I was hampered by Posh Spice's hubby in all sorts of ways.

Anyway, as a "back-up" (I'd take Demetrio over that bald cnut any day myself) to Guardiola, he'd be pretty decent.
Was considering him, Valderrama, Luis Fernandez, Gallego and Gattuso who were all surprisingly not picked... Decided to ultimately go with De Rossi as he probably suited my team set-up the best out of those lot.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The strategy to press Alonso with a peak Kaka is spot on. That part of the ptch will be havoc for jayvin, Alonso under pressure has crubled vs Bayern, Dortmund, and Barca... He lacks the mobility to get out of a tight spot, just like Carrick.

But that's almost the only high point. Next to the fragile Alonso is the not-so-fragile Vieira. Behind him is a rock-solid defence. Ahead of him are truly brilliant wingers, and one of the best ever strikers. Evra Carvajal will be exposed.
The only caveat is if Xavi-Guardiola can completely play the game at their own tempo and choke of all possession...but that doesn't suit Kaka, Shevchenko, Leto...

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Jayvin is unbelievable. It's hard to find room for significant improvement.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
He can try a decent WM. Defenders are not perfect, but the 2 DM's would help. That attack will just be sweet and might counter the defensive weakness.

......Kaka.....Sheva.......Lato............
............Xavi.............Brolin..............
..........Guadriola......Sousa..............
.....Kohler...Carvalho...Carvajal......

And the 3 advantage votes would be invauable :lol:
You don't get a WM to function just by rearranging players. That's absolutely bonkers.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Jayvin is unbelievable. It's hard to find room for significant improvement.
Nice to see my plan to hide Gallas in a defence with 3 other world class Frenchies has worked to perfection :p

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Nice to see my plan to hide Gallas in a defence with 3 other world class Frenchies has worked to perfection :p
Tbf it was a smart thing placing him there to compensate for Hazard's lack of workrate and tracking back. A bit like Mourinho playing Azpi behind Hazard instead of Filipe Luis.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Finally through to the second round of a draft at the nth attempt...

Good game ctp