The RedCafe Boxing Thread

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
If Usyk had slightly more power this would be a forgone conclusion. That being said, whilst Fury remains awkwardly hard to hit, when he does get hit he doesn’t take it well

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
If Usyk had slightly more power this would be a forgone conclusion. That being said, whilst Fury remains awkwardly hard to hit, when he does get hit he doesn’t take it well
He doesn't but his powers of recovery are pretty insane.

LDUred

Think we will see Fury go defensive for this fight, keeping it long, using the jab, switching to southpaw, etc. He's too experienced and savvy a boxer to think he can just rough and tumble a skilled boxer like Usyk out of there.

The Francis fight may actually help him fix a few things and have him go back to what he is good at - just being incredibly awkward. If Fury boxes for a points win he has more chance of winning imo because he can simply use his reach to control the distance.

Last edited:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Good to see Fury make the fight! On paper, it's a great one that's hard to call.

One thing I took from that press conference is that Fury is not 6'9. Either that or he has shrunk.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Taylor v Cameron in Dublin this weekend.

I think Cameron will stop her this time. She is some operator

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Taylor v Cameron in Dublin this weekend.

I think Cameron will stop her this time. She is some operator
If she does that is probably the end for Katie Taylor.

Can't see this not going the distance though, Cameron isn't a particularly big puncher, Taylor never even been knocked down to my knowledge, plus 2 minute rounds obviously.

Definitely worth a fiver if you're confident though, Cameron between rounds 6-10 is 9/1 at SkyBet.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
If she does that is probably the end for Katie Taylor.

Can't see this not going the distance though, Cameron isn't a particularly big puncher, Taylor never even been knocked down to my knowledge, plus 2 minute rounds obviously.

Definitely worth a fiver if you're confident though, Cameron between rounds 6-10 is 9/1 at SkyBet.
I think ill do that bet for the shits and giggles -
Katie was amazing for womens boxing but she is sure nearing the end.

Cameron will wear her down on the body like she did the last time and Katie might get desperate

Balljy

This is looking like it could be a great fight. That's a really bad cut for Cameron though.

Balljy

It looks nasty. Katie's doing well, she's looking very sharp.
Yeah, her hand speed has gone up a level since the last fight. It's going to be very close, but great by Katie so far. She has to keep the intensity up now.

G-manc

I think Taylor’s won but the bias on commentary was sickening. Taylor’s holding in the last 2 rounds was a disgrace and wasn’t even warned once.

Balljy

Well done Taylor and what a fight. There's bound to be a decider between these two now

thebelfastboy

I think Taylor’s won but the bias on commentary was sickening. Taylor’s holding in the last 2 rounds was a disgrace and wasn’t even warned once.
Both fighters had given 100%. I didn't think there was anything untoward. Great fight and 2 fantastic fighters.

Pirlo'sBeard

What a woman. Irish icon.

I had my doubts after the first fight. She looked completely off it. Proved a lot of people wrong. Great scrap.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Decent fight on at 9pm on Sky Sports arena with Chris Bilham-Smith defending his title for the first time

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Shame it was lining up to be a cracker that and pretty poor from him to quit on stool. Maybe a genuine injury but the guy has waited years for a title shot.
Damaged rib apparently.
Was probably ahead at the time but as an obvious juicer didn't deserve the win.

Redstain

Great fight one sided beat down from Haney, he totally dominated the distance. Remember watching the Regis v Taylor it was around the 5th round Josh changed the fight by taking the half step back and fencing the left, it changed the fight. Also enjoy seeing Haney using his left to guard the jab from the opposite southpaw, rather than just slipping the angle and potentially getting countered text book boxing.

Don't see Haney losing at 140, Teo would be a fantastic fight for him.

Last edited:

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Great fight between Bam Rodriguez & Edwards. The skill level from both fighters was off the chart, in the end the swelling and extra reach & power of Rodriguez has made the difference, but Edward’s did himself proud and caused Rodriguez all kinds of problems as well. Great stuff.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Great fight between Bam Rodriguez & Edwards. The skill level from both fighters was off the chart, in the end the swelling and extra reach & power of Rodriguez has made the difference, but Edward’s did himself proud and caused Rodriguez all kinds of problems as well. Great stuff.
Absolutely gutted for Edwards. So much skill on display.

JP77

Not necessarily cause Dubois is fecking awful and there is no guarantee that Miller is there to take a dive
He’s really not. What he seems to lack is the mentality and IQ tbh. While he got beat up against Usyk he was also robbed after putting him down with a legit shot. Should be a good fight.

SteveCoppellFan

Miller without the juice is just plain awful.

Fully expect Dubois to get the stoppage by the middle rounds.

Miller should be blowing out of his backside by then.