The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Revan

Assumptionman
Has Parker won every round so far?

He just needs to not go down and he has won this.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
While Wilder might still win this with one big punch, I’ve rarely seen a boxer consistently take so much punishment and come through it. He has to be a prime candidate for some sort of degenerative brain disease later in life. Getting hit so hard and so often in the head is not good. Yes, boxers get hit, but every time Wilder fights anyone half decent, he gets pummeled until he eventually knocks them out or, in the Fury case, loses. In that third Furt fight, he took a seriously dangerous amount of punishment.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wilder is always dangerous which is why he’s good to watch. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Parker floored soon

the_cliff

Wilder needs to do an Ortiz here or he's done and I'm talking career not just this fight.

Zen

C'mon I know he ain't De La Hoya..... but I dare you to give him a decision similar to the Felix Sturm robbery because Joshua-Wilder already set more or less :lol:

LDUred

Parker has successfully emulated Fury's approach...closing the distance to neutralise Wilder's right hand.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
C'mon I know he ain't De La Hoya..... but I dare you to give him a decision similar to the Felix Sturm robbery because Joshua-Wilder already set more or less :lol:
I kinda want to see the robbery to witness the reaction :lol:

Zen

Tops Fury as the biggest fraud in history. Resume is full of tomato cans outside of maybe Ortiz.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Genuinely lost all 12 rounds there - age has caught up to Wilder. His movement was so stiff.

Parma Dewol

Haven’t seen much of Wilder, but is it just me or are his legs alarmingly thin? Strange thing to notice but he looked on fragile foundations, which is completely at odds with his record.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I think that's an unfair notion - what in your mind constitutes evidence that Wallin or Parker are gimmes?

Wallin, in particular, has only lost against Fury and caused him all sorts of problems in that loss. Much more than Wilder managed.

Parker has had some poor fights but is a former world champion. This is the heavy weight division, and while Joshua and Wilder are favourites, I only regard them as slight favourites. If any of them have a dominant performance, I'll be impressed
There's supposed to be a set of two tiers essentially: Fury, Usyk, Wilder and Joshua and then the rest.

Both of the latter are supposed to be setting up their "super fight" tonight and Parker is supposed to be a gatekeeper...

As we've seen, Wilder is way off the hype and that billed fight is already put to bed.

Parker isn't going to be elevated via tonight's performance, but Wilder will definitely be downgraded.

Re. Wallin. That fight is about Joshua keeping himself in top tier contention.

LDUred

Tops Fury as the biggest fraud in history. Resume is full of tomato cans outside of maybe Ortiz.
Fury's annoying and an egotist but he's not a fraud. He can genuinely box.

Plus, he mentally destroyed Wilder into the shadow of the fighter we saw today. He burst Wilder's bubble.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Is Wilder high on something, doesn't seem bothered at all
I think he's checked out of HW boxing and is just collecting the final payouts before calling it a day. He's also lost his nerve and is far less reckless than he used to be.

Revan

Assumptionman
Think they'll give him 10 and 12, almost sympathy rounds.
Yep, I was thinking those two rounds for Wilder. Seems that the first two refs have those two to Wilder while the last one gave all to Parker.

For once, not a corrupt decision.

Glorio

There's supposed to be a set of two tiers essentially: Fury, Usyk, Wilder and Joshua and then the rest.

Both of the latter are supposed to be setting up their "super fight" tonight and Parker is supposed to be a gatekeeper...

As we've seen, Wilder is way off the hype and that billed fight is already put to bed.

Parker isn't going to be elevated via tonight's performance, but Wilder will definitely be downgraded.

Re. Wallin. That fight is about Joshua keeping himself in top tier contention.
The tiers you've mentioned are just notions of people's brains. Why are they in that tier?? Forget the hype, look at their performances - there's not that much between them

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Wilder's legs are like matchsticks. Never noticed how skinny they were before.
They're like an optical illusion. I've watched Wilder for years but the more you look at them the skinnier they get :lol:

AnotherLondonManc

This actually played out very similarly to the Wilder Splika fight. Wilder getting dominated and caught by over hand rights, but this time couldn't catch Parker coming in.

In hindsight this wasn't unexpected. Wilder only ever really gives himself a puncher's chance, but Parker was too slick to get caught tonight.

A little gutted we won't see AJ Wilder now