Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 09/10 | Next: 2010 NBA Finals! | Still open to sign-ups

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Nah, my game is too predicated on athleticism. I'll decline sharply given I've very little technique.

nimic

something nice
Scout
There's a fun "GOAT Lab" thing, where you can define in detail the formula of how the game should calculate the greatest player of all time. There's a default one that basically uses MVPs, points, assists and peak defensive win shares, but I've been trying to add some more stuff, like rebounds, steals, blocks, award teams, etc. I won't reveal it yet (maybe not until everyone has retired at least once), but currently the GOAT is not a Cafite. Depending on how I add to or subtract from the formula we do have some Cafites near the top, but there's no guarantee any of you will make it. I guess that might be a consequence of basically adding 10+ superstars at the same time.

If anyone is interested (neeerrds), this is the current formula (with the default one in bold): 20 * mvp + pts/gp + 2 * ast/gp + dwsPeak + 2 * stl/gp + 2 * blk/gp + drb/gp + orb/gp + 10 * allLeague1 + 5 * allLeague2 + 3 * allLeague3 + 5 * allDefensive1 + 3 * allDefensive 2 + 2 * allDefensive3

Open to suggestions. I might have compensated defense too much compared to the default one.

Nah, my game is too predicated on athleticism. I'll decline sharply given I've very little technique.
Not impossible. Older players do generally drop much faster in athleticism. You'll always be tall, though, so who knows.

With what team(s)? Thanks
Minnesota in 97 and 98, Philadelphia in 05.

altodevil

There's a fun "GOAT Lab" thing, where you can define in detail the formula of how the game should calculate the greatest player of all time. There's a default one that basically uses MVPs, points, assists and peak defensive win shares, but I've been trying to add some more stuff, like rebounds, steals, blocks, award teams, etc. I won't reveal it yet (maybe not until everyone has retired at least once), but currently the GOAT is not a Cafite. Depending on how I add to or subtract from the formula we do have some Cafites near the top, but there's no guarantee any of you will make it. I guess that might be a consequence of basically adding 10+ superstars at the same time.

If anyone is interested (neeerrds), this is the current formula (with the default one in bold): 20 * mvp + pts/gp + 2 * ast/gp + dwsPeak + 2 * stl/gp + 2 * blk/gp + drb/gp + orb/gp + 10 * allLeague1 + 5 * allLeague2 + 3 * allLeague3 + 5 * allDefensive1 + 3 * allDefensive 2 + 2 * allDefensive3
Incredible, will be amazing to see the list.

At first glance - it's missing things like championships won, games won, finals mvp (should be on par with mvp), dpoy. Not just because they are more relevant to my player. I'd probably remove the alldefensive 2nd and 3rd teams and instead add some of the ones I listed, if possible.

Also what is dws?

altodevil

Oh wait defensive win shares. In that case you should probably all ows somwhere too for fairness, remove ppg/apg.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Oh wait defensive win shares. In that case you should probably all ows somwhere too for fairness, remove ppg/apg.
Might add ows, but think I'll keep points, assists, and just try to balance it better (maybe add more for mvp and peak dws/ows, since they kinda got diluted when I added so much to the formula.)

Will add finals mvp and dpoy too. Can add rings, but depending on the modifier none of you might be goat since some old players have like 11 rings.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
When does my contract with Orlando expire? It’d be nice to not be the one carrying every year.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Here are the current top 30 GOAT Seasons. There's also a formula to that, but I haven't touched it. Red means in the Hall of Fame. Yellow star is won MVP. Black star is was an All Star. The ring is won the championship. altodevil isn't on it because it really likes points, and... well.

All I know is if i'm not top you've done it wrong.
You're 4th on the current list, but if I start adding championships and final mvps you might drop a bit.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Here are the current top 30 GOAT Seasons. There's also a formula to that, but I haven't touched it. Red means in the Hall of Fame. Yellow star is won MVP. Black star is was an All Star. The ring is won the championship. altodevil isn't on it because it really likes points, and... well.

You're 4th on the current list, but if I start adding championships and final mvps you might drop a bit.
Suck it @hobbers

altodevil

The season stuff I can live with that. But in terms of legacy, I should clearly be in pole position now. So make sure you fudge the formula to reflect that.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
You have an all time top 20 of assist-er(?)..you know what I mean. Asking for a friend.

nimic

something nice
Scout
The season stuff I can live with that. But in terms of legacy, I should clearly be in pole position now. So make sure you fudge the formula to reflect that.
That's why I started changing the original formula in the first place, because I don't think you were even in the top 100 when it cared so much about points and assists :lol:

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
That's why I started changing the original formula in the first place, because I don't think you were even in the top 100 when it cared so much about points and assists :lol:
Because the general audience doesn‘t care about it. That‘s why Hobbers and Solius (not sure about Hobbers) are sitting front row at Paris fashion week while Alto can go unnoticed to 7-eleven and buy a mountain dew.

altodevil

Because the general audience doesn‘t care about it. That‘s why Hobbers and Solius (not sure about Hobbers) are sitting front row at Paris fashion week while Alto can go unnoticed to 7-eleven and buy a mountain dew.
Aren't I 7foot tall?

hobbers

I'm Earth's most famous Namekian.

08/09 Season Review New

nimic

something nice
Scout
08/09 Season Review

Final regular season standings

Regular season awards - Caf dominating the All-NBA Teams, with BenitoSTARR, Solius, hobbers and P-Nut all making the 1st team, altodevil making the 2nd team, and oneniltothearsenal and Dr. Dwayne making the 3rd team. Also a good showing in the All-Defensive Teams, with altodevil and hobbers in the 1st, BenitoSTARR and oneniltothearsenal in the 2nd, and Solius in the 3rd.

Playoff results - altodevil and the Los Angeles Lakers with their 2nd championship in a row! Are we seeing a dynasty forming?

Season summary - BenitoSTARR with another MVP, and altodevil with another Defensive Player of the Year. altodevil was also both semifinals and finals MVP.

Regular season stats (@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Samid @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee)

Statistical feats

Coming up: Draft and Free Agency

hobbers

Cant believe someone of my talent wouldnt just stick with 2-3 year deals their whole career.

altodevil

My player shared my thinking. That's the sign of excellent character creation.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
My player shared my thinking. That's the sign of excellent character creation.
Watch Lakers management trying to improve the team by exchanging every single player.

-

+1 Hobber‘s happy with his playing time :lol: (probably not as smart off the court as on it)

altodevil

Imagine playing to win awards instead of games and championships. Peasant.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Imagine playing to win awards instead of games and championships. Peasant.
I can’t fit anymore rings on my shaft. The people of New York were worthy of my attention.

The LA crew just do coke off each others anus’.

2009 Draft and Free Agency New

nimic

something nice
Scout
2009 Draft and Free Agency

Draft
  1. Tyreke Evans (GF 61/78) to New Orleans Hornets
  2. Jrue Holiday (G 48/80) to New Orleans Hornets
  3. Stephen Curry (PG 59/75) to Miami Heat
  4. James Harden (G 56/75) to New Jersey Nets
  5. Blake Griffin (FC 56/72) to Houston Rockets
  6. Brandon Jennings (PG 57/70) to Atlanta Hawks
  7. Jonny Flynn (PG 55/72) to Utah Jazz
  8. Omri Casspi (F 55/71) to Toronto Raptors
  9. Chase Budinger (SF 53/67) to Detroit Pistons
  10. Marcus Thornton (SG 56/66) to Toronto Raptors
Free Agency

@altodevil has re-signed with the Los Angeles Lakers for $18.61M/yr through 2014
@Samid has left the Golden State Warriors to sign for the San Antonio Spurs for $10.38M/yr through 2014
@hobbers has re-signed with the Charlotte Bobc- just kidding. He has signed with the Boston Celtics for $19.2M/yr through 2014

Free Agency Trades

@The Cat @oneniltothearsenal

@Skizzo

@Dr. Dwayne

@BenitoSTARR

@P-Nut

@V.O.

hobbers

How were their power ratings so low last preview, they even had samid then