Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 12-13 | Round 1 done, Round 2 next | Can V.O. repeat? | Basketball GM | Join and become the next V.O.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Interest sapped because I've dominated. Sorry nimic. I still like it though.

11/12 Draft and Free Agency New

nimic

something nice
Scout
2011 Draft and Free Agency

Draft (top 10 + Klay)

1. Derrick Williams (F 51/74) to the Golden State Warriors
  2. Kyrie Irving (G 56/71) to the Atlanta Hawks
  3. Kawhi Leonard (SF 57/71) to the Memphis Grizzlies
  4. Iman Shumpert (GF 55/70) to the Charlotte Bobcats
  5. Kemba Walker (PG 57/70) to the Indiana Pacers
  6. Isaiah Thomas (G 56/68) to the Milwaukee Bucks
  7. Chandler Parsons (F 57/63) to the Los Angeles Clippers
  8. Brandon Knight (G 51/69) to the Memphis Grizzlies
  9. Tristan Thompson (FC 46/69) to the Houston Rockets
  10. Ricky Rubio (PG 55/68) to the New Jersey Nets
  11. Klay Thompson (GF 55/67) to the Phoenix Suns

Free Agency - we're going to start seeing much cheaper Cafites, as age plays a big factor in salary size. This should drastically increase the chances that you can get on teams with other (?) good players. No guarantees.

SebJr (@sebsheep) has re-signed with the Miami Heat for $6.05M/yr through 2015.
@Stobzilla II has left the New Orleans Hornets after only one season there, and signed with the Denver Nuggets for $10.44M/yr through 2016
@weetee has re-signed with the Atlanta Hawks for $2.24M/yr through 2015.
@V.O. has as expected re-signed with the ascendant New Jersey Nets for $6.39M/yr through 2016.
@Dr. Dwayne has left the Utah Jazz and signed for the Golden State Warriors for $8.5M/yr through 2015.

Trades

@V.O. (NJ) - this is a heavy "win now" move.

@Samid (CHA) - well that's a cheap player.

@Solius (MEM) -

@Skizzo (IND), Solius (MEM) - I guess Memphis really wanted Charlie Villanueva.

@altodevil (LAL) - is this the first sign of the Lakers slowing down and planning for an alto-less future?

altodevil (LAL), @Dr. Dwayne (GSW) - charitably, you can assume that Lakers pick won't be good in 2012, while that Golden State pick might be good in 2015.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can't even remember the last time my team did a proper trade

altodevil

Marvin williams return right? First trade good, second trade bad. But strange given we are clearly still win now mode.

11/12 Season Preview New

nimic

something nice
Scout

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Straight up the best team in the league. It's now or never if I'm winning anything.

So yeah, getting traded away to OKC or somewhere in 5... 4...

11/12 Season Preview - East New

nimic

something nice
Scout
11/12 Season Preview East

@hobbers - Boston Celtics (51-31, 2nd Round)

hobbers might have begun feeling the creaking in his bones, but his skills are still up to snuff. He's also helped along by the fact that his teammate Yi Jianlian took a hefty step forwards over the summer. Is this finally the year?

@Samid - Charlotte Bobcats (16-66)

I can tell you one thing about Samid: he's going to score some points. I can tell you another thing: he's not making the playoffs this year with Charlotte.

@Skizzo - Indiana Pacers (43-39, 1st Round)

Skizzo's Pacers aren't the worst team around, but it's hard to see him making the playoffs again this year. The man himself seems to have stabilized at a still-playable level, but his hopes of superstardom have probably left for good.

@weetee - Atlanta Hawks (30-52)

weetee's Hawks shouldn't be very good, but there's actually a chance that they are. They don't have any superstars, but they've got plenty of perfectly decent players. If they stay healthy that might just be enough to make a fair playoff run. weetee himself is still getting better. Well, slightly better.

@V.O. - Net Jersey Nets (54-28, 2nd Round)

V.O. is now only the 3rd best player on the Nets, after Rose and Korolev, but that results in a team with three very good players. Hell, C.J. Miles as the 4th is quite good, and while the big acquisition Eddy Curry took a large step backwards over the summer, he's still no slouch. V.O. is also looking for a ring, and this might be his best chance yet.

@Salt Bailly - Toronto Raptors (39-43, 1st Round)

Salt Bailly is now 34 years old, which everyone who has passed that age knows is the point when your body starts yearning for the sweet release of death. He seems to be soldiering on, though. His Raptors made a shock run to make the playoffs last season, but I wouldn't expect a repeat this season. Not that I expected it last season, so who knows?

@BenitoSTARR - New York Knicks (39-43)

The Hammer is rusting. BenitoSTARR is still a very good players, but with the ascendancy of Kevin Durant and starting his own slow decline, he's probably won his last MVP. 5 is a very good number. He's still looking for a ring, which is still not completely out of the question despite missing the playoffs last season. Also he's only 30, which is hardly ancient.

@Dan & @The Cat - Detroit Pistons (37-45)

We've got the future and the past in beautiful harmony on the Detroit Pistons. Dan is in his 17th year as an NBA player, and it's starting to show. He might still have one decent season in him, so fingers crossed. The Cub, on the other hand, surely has a long career ahead of him. He's taking leaps forward too, and might start challenging old altodevil for the Defensive Player of the Year title some day soon.

@sebsheep - Miami Heat (41-41, 1st Round)

SebJr is another one with a bright future ahead of him. He's still only decently good, but he's already gotten quite a bit better since last season. He's also got plenty of time to improve further. We'll see what his Miami Heat do this season, but another playoff visit isn't completely out of the question.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
11/12 Season Preview East

@hobbers - Boston Celtics (51-31, 2nd Round)

hobbers might have begun feeling the creaking in his bones, but his skills are still up to snuff. He's also helped along by the fact that his teammate Yi Jianlian took a hefty step forwards over the summer. Is this finally the year?

@Samid - Charlotte Bobcats (16-66)

I can tell you one thing about Samid: he's going to score some points. I can tell you another thing: he's not making the playoffs this year with Charlotte.

@Skizzo - Indiana Pacers (43-39, 1st Round)

Skizzo's Pacers aren't the worst team around, but it's hard to see him making the playoffs again this year. The man himself seems to have stabilized at a still-playable level, but his hopes of superstardom have probably left for good.

@weetee - Atlanta Hawks (30-52)

weetee's Hawks shouldn't be very good, but there's actually a chance that they are. They don't have any superstars, but they've got plenty of perfectly decent players. If they stay healthy that might just be enough to make a fair playoff run. weetee himself is still getting better. Well, slightly better.

@V.O. - Net Jersey Nets (54-28, 2nd Round)

V.O. is now only the 3rd best player on the Nets, after Rose and Korolev, but that results in a team with three very good players. Hell, C.J. Miles as the 4th is quite good, and while the big acquisition Eddy Curry took a large step backwards over the summer, he's still no slouch. V.O. is also looking for a ring, and this might be his best chance yet.

@Salt Bailly - Toronto Raptors (39-43, 1st Round)

Salt Bailly is now 34 years old, which everyone who has passed that age knows is the point when your body starts yearning for the sweet release of death. He seems to be soldiering on, though. His Raptors made a shock run to make the playoffs last season, but I wouldn't expect a repeat this season. Not that I expected it last season, so who knows?

@BenitoSTARR - New York Knicks (39-43)

The Hammer is rusting. BenitoSTARR is still a very good players, but with the ascendancy of Kevin Durant and starting his own slow decline, he's probably won his last MVP. 5 is a very good number. He's still looking for a ring, which is still not completely out of the question despite missing the playoffs last season. Also he's only 30, which is hardly ancient.

@Dan & @The Cat - Detroit Pistons (37-45)

We've got the future and the past in beautiful harmony on the Detroit Pistons. Dan is in his 17th year as an NBA player, and it's starting to show. He might still have one decent season in him, so fingers crossed. The Cub, on the other hand, surely has a long career ahead of him. He's taking leaps forward too, and might start challenging old altodevil for the Defensive Player of the Year title some day soon.

@sebsheep - Miami Heat (41-41, 1st Round)

SebJr is another one with a bright future ahead of him. He's still only decently good, but he's already gotten quite a bit better since last season. He's also got plenty of time to improve further. We'll see what his Miami Heat do this season, but another playoff visit isn't completely out of the question.
The heat isn't doing much for my sunburn.
Hopefully will keep up the good progress.

altodevil

Yi Jianlian MVP candidate :lol:

I can see it with how the game works.

altodevil

I think the Knicks are underrated, provided they avoid injuries.

11/12 Season Preview - West New

nimic

something nice
Scout
11/12 Season Preview West

@oneniltothearsenal & @P-Nut - Sacramento Kings (38-44, 1st Round)

This is a multifaceted team. Old oneniltothearsenal is... well, he's old. Young P-Nut is... no longer that young. Both of them saw some decline since last season, though at least in the case of P-Nut there's still time to reverse it. His older teammate is no longer the Triple-Double Machine that he once was, but he's still got something left. Unfortunately their teammates aren't quite there.

@Stobzilla & @reelworld - Denver Nuggets (28-54)

It's starting to look like reelworld II might turn into quite the player. The NBA needs him, since every team seems to play with two Point Guards and no Shooting Guard. His slightly older teammate, Stobzilla II, took a slight step backwards in development, but he's got plenty of time to make up for it. Their Nuggets were very bad last year, but this time they might just aim for the playoffs.

@Solius - Memphis Grizzlies (35-47)

This is the biggest decline yet for aging superstar Solius. He is still a superstar, though, which is why the Memphis Grizzlies have every chance of making the playoffs after a disappointing absence last year.

@altodevil - Los Angeles Lakers (68-14, NBA Champions)

altodevil is by far the most winningest Cafite, but is that now a thing of the past? His physicality is still strong, but took a sizeable hit over the summer. And this time he didn't make up for it by improving his other skills. The Lakers aren't quite the powerhouse they were, but I wouldn't say their window has shut quite yet.

@Dr. Dwayne - Golden State Warriors (38-44, 1st Round)

Look at all that green for the Warriors! Even aspiring pensioner Dr. Dwayne improved in most ways. He's not quite as athletic as he used to be, but he can still shoot, pass and rebound (if he can be bothered jumping for it). This Warriors team is a pretty interesting team. Note their starting Guard in Cory Higgins, who was just the 54th pick in the draft (out of 60).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Cheers for the updates @nimic

I think my drop off after this year will be stark. Now or never.

altodevil

Physical hits will destroy my output. This is the last season of true stardom. I am however quite happy to tank my career stats in order to keep winning. Because that is all that matters. So expect me to retire as late as possible.

Nene, altodevil, Hinrich statue will be an incredible sight.