Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 13-14 | Draft | Mavericks are champions - Caf in shambles | Basketball GM | Join and become the next Josh Smith

11/12 25-Game Update New

nimic

something nice
Scout
11/12 25-Game Update

Just a quick update!

Trades

@BenitoSTARR (NYK), @reelworld (DEN) @Stobzilla (DEN > NYK)

@Dan, @The Cat (DET), reelworld, BenitoSTARR (NYK) - not a big one, but hey it's something

@altodevil (LAL) - Lakers basically trading Marvin Williams for Kemba Walker.

@Samid (CHA)

@Solius - I don't think they're building around Solius anymore

Standings

Not looking too good for the S-Cafites.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I wonder if it would be worth turning the real life modifier up slightly if this was ever run again. Seems crazy that none of the all time greats have ever really done well.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
I wonder if it would be worth turning the real life modifier up slightly if this was ever run again. Seems crazy that none of the all time greats have ever really done well.
Alto literally blocked their development. He destroyed the game for personal fame.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Some have, it's just that you guys have been so good that it's hard to notice them. Vince Carter was great for example, and now Kevin Durant is going to win MVP for the foreseeable future.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Some have, it's just that you guys have been so good that it's hard to notice them. Vince Carter was great for example, and now Kevin Durant is going to win MVP for the foreseeable future.
Yeah I was more thinking LeBron and Kobe being so stunted seems really weird, and I'm guessing it'd make it more of a challenge for us lot to be so dominant that way.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Yeah I was more thinking LeBron and Kobe being so stunted seems really weird, and I'm guessing it'd make it more of a challenge for us lot to be so dominant that way.
Not necessarily, as you guys start so young that you have a higher chance of becoming really good. You can also build your players in ways that make them better than they should be by just rating points. I.e. altodevil, BenitoSTARR, Samid in particular.

There have been really good players too, just not the ones that were the best in reality.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
You can also build your players in ways that make them better than they should be by just rating points. I.e. altodevil, BenitoSTARR, Samid in particular.
Just say it. They‘re cheats.

11/12 All Star Weekend New

nimic

something nice
Scout
2012 All Star Weekend

Standings update

The West is being depopulated! I don't think we've ever had so few Cafites in a conference before. The ones we've got are perfectly spread about the standings, though. @altodevil and the Lakers have decided they're not quite done yet. @reelworld's Nuggets are doing okay, though they're as close to @oneniltothearsenal and @P-Nut's Sacramento in 16th as they are to the Lakers in 1st. @Dr. Dwayne's Warrriors and @Solius' Grizzlies have the same record since last time, and we might have quite a playoff race again this year.

Unlike the West, the teams in the East seem to clearly have clustered in good teams and bad teams. @V.O.'s Nets, @hobbers' Celtics and @weetee's Hawks are all very close, and all have very strong records since last. The new duo of @BenitoSTARR and @Stobzilla are a bit behind, but have also played very well.

Of the "bad" teams, @Dan and @The Cat's Pistons and @Salt Bailly's Raptors seem like the likeliest candidates to make a playoff push. @Samid's Bobcats actually have the best recent record in the bottom, but their awful start means they'd have to make up 10 wins on Orlando in 25-odd games. @Skizzo's Pacers are not having a good time, nor are Miami and @sebsheep (though time is on his side, at least).

Trade Deadline - no massive news

Slam Dunk Contest

A new Cafite makes an attempt! This time it's The Cub. It wasn't quite enough, but there might be many more opportunities to come.

3 Point Contest

Cafites continue to dominate the participation list (though Korver's still managed to take 3 wins off you lot). Many-time winners BenitoSTARR and Solius are up to continuing their rivalry, while Samid, reelworld II and Dr. Dwayne want to prove that it doesn't have to be either of those two (or Kyle Korver)

1st Round - 4 advance

J.R. Bremer: 25
Kevin Durant: 14
Kyle Korver: 25

BenitoSTARR is out! reelworld II needs at least 25.

Not enough, reelworld II is out!

Dr. Dwayne is through! One of Samid, Bremer and Korver will go out in tiebreaks.

J.R. Bremer: 22
Kyle Korver: 24

Samid is through!

2nd Round - 2 advance

Dr. Dwayne is out!

So is Samid! It's Solius vs. Kyle Korver in the final round. It happened last time in 2008, with Kyle Korver winning 24 v 23.

Final Round
Kyle Korver: 26

Time for a tiebreak!

Solius wins for the 5th time, and the 2nd time in a row!

All Star Game

Teams: Solius, altodevil and Dr. Dwayne suit up for the West (with P-Nut injured), while in the East we have hobbers, BenitoSTARR, The Cub, Salt Bailly and V.O.. This is the 1st time since 2001 neither team captain is a Cafite (then Jerry Stackhouse and Chris Webber).

It's a 3rd East win in a row! hobbers is All Star MVP for the 2nd time.

Last edited:
11/12 End of Regular Season and Playoff Bracket New

nimic

something nice
Scout
11/12 End of Regular Season and Playoff Bracket

(@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Samid @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee)

First, this:

Final standings

Unbelievably, altodevil and the Lakers still finish with the overall best record in the regular season. reelworld II also finished the season well, and easily makes the playoffs with the Nuggets. The final Cafite making it from the West is Dr. Dwayne, though the Warriors' recent record is not making me think they can beat the Lakers.

Solius and the Grizzlies weren't that far from making it, but still had a pretty bad season. Though not as bad a season as oneniltothearsenal and P-Nut, whose Kings finish dead last in the conference (and the league).

The East is going to be a blood bath this year. At the top we have the Celtics and hobbers. V.O. ends up as the 4th seed, but is realistically going to miss the entire playoffs. That might be good news for weetee and the Hawks, who are set to play V.O.'s Nets in the 1st Round. BenitoSTARR and Stobzilla II also make it with the Knicks, though with a pretty bad run to end the season. They will have to play Kevin Durant and the Wizards next.

The Caf dominates the other side of the conference too. Dan and The Cub's Pistons, Samid's Bobcats and Salt Bailly's Raptors all end the season very poorly. Skizzo and SebJr are down there too with the Pacers and Heat respectively, but their teams finished much stronger than they started.

League Leaders

Playoff Bracket

11/12 Playoffs - Round 1 New

nimic

something nice
Scout
2012 Playoffs 1st Round

@altodevil @Dr. Dwayne @reelworld @hobbers @V.O. @weetee @BenitoSTARR @Stobzilla

Why the feck am I messing around with tables? Do I hate myself? Do I enjoy wasting my own time on superfluous fluff?

yes
Lakers
altodevil: 6/27/0 (2stl/7blk)
84​
Golden State
Dr. Dwayne: 16/10/4 (1stl/1blk)
Utah​
101​
Denver
reelworld II: 5/4/11 (2stl)
Boston
hobbers: 25/10/14 (4stl/3blk)
78​
Philadelphia​
New Jersey
V.O.: out injured
94​
Atlanta
weetee: 5/2/8 (playing injured)​
Washington
87​
New York
BenitoSTARR: 22/6/1 (5blk)
Stobzilla II: 8/10/0

Lakers
altodevil: 7/31/1 (2stl/9blk)
69​
Golden State
Dr. Dwayne: 10/8/5
Utah​
98​
Denver
reelworld II: 10/4/16
Boston
hobbers: 19/3/8 (5stl/1blk)
95​
Philadelphia​
New Jersey
96​
Atlanta
weetee:11/0/3​
Washington
93​
New York
BenitoSTARR: 22/6/3 (1stl/4blk)
Stobzilla II: 11/4/2 (1stl)

Lakers
altodevil: 10/24/0 (3stl/7blk)
91​
Golden State
Dr. Dwayne: 13/7/8 (1stl)
Utah
92​
Denver
reelworld II: 11/4/9
Boston
hobbers: 10/3/12 (2stl/4blk)
81​
Philadelphia​
New Jersey
118​
Atlanta
weetee: 7/1/4​
Washington​
95​
New York
BenitoSTARR: 36/6/9 (2blk)
Stobzilla II: 17/15/3 (1stl)

Lakers
altodevil: 5/26/0 (1stl/4blk)
74​
Golden State
Dr. Dwayne: 11/5/9 (1stl)
Utah
103​
Denver
reelworld II: 12/2/7 (2stl/1blk)
Boston
hobbers: 21/14/2 (4stl)
85​
Philadelphia
New Jersey
97​
Atlanta
weetee: 3/1/12 (2blk)​
Washington​
89​
New York
BenitoSTARR: 28/10/7 (8blk)
Stobzilla II: 12/12/0 (1stl/1blk)

Utah
97​
Denver
reelworld II: 7/1/12
Boston
hobbers: 20/10/14
83​
Philadelphia
New Jersey
106​
Atlanta
weetee: 2/0/7​
Washington
90​
New York
BenitoSTARR: 27/8/8 (1stl/6blk)
Stobzilla II: 23/6/0

Utah
87​
Denver
reelworld II: 12/1/7
Washington​
84​
New York
BenitoSTARR: 27/4/8 (5blk)
Stobzilla II: 15/9/1 (1stl)

Washington
94​
New York
BenitoSTARR: 17/2/6 (5blk)
Stobzilla II: 21/12/2 (1stl)

Hopefully I didn't make any big mistakes while fiddling with tables.

Last edited:

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Aww feck it. This really fits into the last couple of days. At least I decided against a bragging post once V.O. injury was posted.