Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 11/12 | Season Preview Part 1 | Can anyone challenge altodevil and the Lakers? | Still open to sign-ups

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The GF means the player can play both guard positions and both forward positions. So what they don't have in the starting line-up is actually a Center.

03/04 Trade Deadline Update

nimic

something nice
Scout
Trade Deadline

First a standings update for you all to agonize over. New York is doing surprisingly poorly, as is Sacramento. Are we really going to not have Benito 'The Little Hammer' STARR or alto 'is it altod evil or alto devil' devil in the playoffs? Right now onenil 'Florida Man' tothearsenal looks more likely to be missing, and the Cleveland boys are surprisingly far behind too.

There are definitely more trades after I upped a value in the settings. You guys still haven't been directly involved, but some of your clubs made some big moves all the same. Don't put too much stock into the WS (Win Share) if there are many players involved. If you trade away 3 mediocre players for 1 good, the three might generate the same amount of WS, but they take up 3 playing spots to do it.

@Solius, @The Cat, @weetee & @Samid

@Stobzilla, @P-Nut & Samid: I can't tell who is trying to tank (be bad for a high draft pick) with these trades. Both the Grizzlies and the Rockets?

@hobbers

@reelworld

@Dr. Dwayne - trading away your star for worse players and picks? The Nuggets aren't playing to win.

@altodevil - all that for one player, he better be worth it.

altodevil

What the feck are the front office doing. Get me out of this cesspool.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Trade Deadline

First a standings update for you all to agonize over. New York is doing surprisingly poorly, as is Sacramento. Are we really going to not have Benito 'The Little Hammer' STARR or alto 'is it altod evil or alto devil' devil in the playoffs? Right now onenil 'Florida Man' tothearsenal looks more likely to be missing, and the Cleveland boys are surprisingly far behind too.

There are definitely more trades after I upped a value in the settings. You guys still haven't been directly involved, but some of your clubs made some big moves all the same. Don't put too much stock into the WS (Win Share) if there are many players involved. If you trade away 3 mediocre players for 1 good, the three might generate the same amount of WS, but they take up 3 playing spots to do it.

@Solius, @The Cat, @weetee & @Samid

@Stobzilla, @P-Nut & Samid: I can't tell who is trying to tank (be bad for a high draft pick) with these trades. Both the Grizzlies and the Rockets?

@hobbers

@reelworld

@Dr. Dwayne - trading away your star for worse players and picks? The Nuggets aren't playing to win.

@altodevil - all that for one player, he better be worth it.

So we get a shot at Top 10 picks in two fairly decent draft years AND I should now be getting more touches with Kobe gone?

Stobz might be on the re-up in Memphis.

03/04 All Star Weekend

nimic

something nice
Scout
All Star Weekend

Slam Dunk Contest

You guys just didn't generally make dunkers, so this is one competition you're not dominating. @BenitoSTARR is in it again this year, but he couldn't beat out the dunk king Vince Carter.

3-Point Contest

Again heavy Cafite participating, though less than last year. @V.O. is officially out injured for the all-star weekend, so you won't see him in the game either. That means we're left with @BenitoSTARR, @Samid, @P-Nut and @Solius.

1st Round (4 advance)

Tim Thomas: 20
Kyle Korver: 28
Chauncey Billups: 23
Jason Williams: 18

Samid needs one of the remaining two to shoot 24 or less if he wants to go through.

P-Nut is through with 26.

Solius is through with 25 too - that means Samid is out.

2nd Round (2 advance)
Kyle Korver: 25

P-Nut with 25, that means we'll have a tiebreak round unless both BenitoSTARR and Solius beat it or both don't beat it.

Good shooting by BenitoSTARR. Solius needs 25 or more now.

And wouldn't you know it, it's the same final round as the four previous contests. Solius against BenitoSTARR monopolizing the contest, though they aren't actually the two players who shoot the most 3-pointers.

Final Round

Bad start by BenitoSTARR. Is he going to let Solius win three times in a row?

He is, and he does! Only a single instance of a Cafite scoring more than 26 this time, that's surprisingly low. This really was up for grabs, but in the end the same old guys had the grabbiest hands.

All Star Game

Teams:

@BenitoSTARR, @oneniltothearsenal and @reelworld returning for the East.

Cafites make up nearly the entire starting 5 this time. @hobbers, @Solius, @altodevil and @P-Nut, with @Dan just happy to be included.

@V.O. and @Dr. Dwayne out injured, sadly.

All Star Game

And the East wins!

2004 Playoff Bracket

nimic

something nice
Scout
2004 Playoff Bracket

Quite a tale of two different RedCafes this year. Disappointment in the East, quite the opposite in the West (maybe except if your name is altodevil)

East: @BenitoSTARR is the only one who makes it, and barely at that! A 2-8 losing streak is not a particularly good sign. @Salt Bailly and @oneniltothearsenal miss out by just one game, while @reelworld was far from it. @Skizzo and @V.O. are probably the biggest disappointment, going back to the old Cleveland ways instead of getting back into the playoffs as expected. I'm rather disappointed in you easterners.

West: The only one who didn't make it in the west was @sebsheep, but he wasn't expected to either. That said, in the end even the worst record in the West was only wins away from making the playoffs (which also means that Salt Bailly and oneniltothearsenal would have made the playoffs if they were in the West). @Dan and @Samid are surprisingly in, as the 4th (!) and 8th seed. The rest were expected, though @altodevil might be disappointed that the reigning NBA Champions only barely made the playoffs. @P-Nut, @Stobzilla, @Dr. Dwayne, @hobbers, @weetee, @Solius and @The Cat will all duke it out in the playoffs. There's bound to be heartbreak.

Bracket:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
2004 Playoff Bracket

Quite a tale of two different RedCafes this year. Disappointment in the East, quite the opposite in the West (maybe except if your name is altodevil)

East: @BenitoSTARR is the only one who makes it, and barely at that! A 2-8 losing streak is not a particularly good sign. @Salt Bailly and @oneniltothearsenal miss out by just one game, while @reelworld was far from it. @Skizzo and @V.O. are probably the biggest disappointment, going back to the old Cleveland ways instead of getting back into the playoffs as expected. I'm rather disappointed in you easterners.

West: The only one who didn't make it in the west was @sebsheep, but he wasn't expected to either. That said, in the end even the worst record in the West was only wins away from making the playoffs (which also means that Salt Bailly and oneniltothearsenal would have made the playoffs if they were in the West). @Dan and @Samid are surprisingly in, as the 4th (!) and 8th seed. The rest were expected, though @altodevil might be disappointed that the reigning NBA Champions only barely made the playoffs. @P-Nut, @Stobzilla, @Dr. Dwayne, @hobbers, @weetee, @Solius and @The Cat will all duke it out in the playoffs. There's bound to be heartbreak.

Bracket:

Carrying the side again. Bulls will eliminate us but I’ll have a word with their coach to see if he fancies a new signing.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
64 - 18 in the regular season. Got to be favourites again surely. Last dance for this team?

nimic

something nice
Scout
64 - 18 in the regular season. Got to be favourites again surely. Last dance for this team?
You went 17-0 in your Division (you, Portland, Golden State, Sacramento, Los Angeles (x2) and Phoenix). I'm not entirely sure about the significance of divisions - I think they may just be teams you play a bit more than the others? It's a weird system.

altodevil

Bum ass team. Terrible coaching and facilities. Joke of a front office trading away our championship core and future picks for one player. But annoyed my player mentality is meant to be winning and yet chased the money.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Alto constantly moping around the locker room drags team morale down..who‘d have thought.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
I‘m printing that out and hang it on the wall - show my fam what‘s happening in real life.

Let‘s crush ’em all. Still time for a wee legacy at least.

nimic

something nice
Scout
:lol: 15pts 9.1 assists and the team record is real bad. Ouch
15 points isn't a bad average, really. This isn't the NBA of today, games are lower scoring (particularly when they involve altodevil). Quite a lot of games neither team scores a hundred points. 9 assists is also really good. But yeah, the team is... not as good.

2004 Playoff 1st & 2nd Rounds

nimic

something nice
Scout
2004 Playoffs 1st Round and 2nd Round

Bracket:

1st Round

All the higher seeds take the lead, except for in the 4v5 match-up in both conferences.

Seattle take a 2-0 lead over Houston, as do San Antonio over Sacramento. No warning bells quite yet for any of our players, but moves have to start being made.

That's a 3-0 lead now for Seattle (@The Cat, @Solius, @weetee) over Houston (@Samid). Not much of a surprise given we're talking 1-seed vs. 8-seed. You could say the same for @hobbers' San Antonio and @altodevil's Sacramento. If altodevil and Samid want to avoid getting swept, they have to act soon. So will @BenitoSTARR, who seems unable to drag his team past Chicago.

Three sweeps have been completed, all involving Cafites. Samid, altodevil and BenitoSTARR will have to hope their teams can improve over the off-season - or else that they find a new team entirely. We've now also got the Memphis boys @Stobzilla and @P-Nut in danger of being beaten by @Dr. Dwayne's Denver Nuggets. Meanwhile, @Dan and the Utah Jazz have evened things up with the Golden State Warriors.

And that's hit, we've lost another pair of Cafites. Stobzilla and P-Nut couldn't quite deal with the 3-seed Denver Nuggets. That means Dr. Dwayne has successfully knocked out his previous team and teammate (though they were the Vancouver Grizzlies when he played there, so he might not feel too bad about it).

And that's another Cafite out! Dan couldn't deal with the Warriors. It probably didn't help that his teammate and starting Center Othella Harrington was out for the duration.

2nd Round

Dr. Dwayne and the Denver Nuggets take the surprising lead against hobbers and the San Antonio Spurs, while the Seattle boys quite expectedly go up 1-0 against the Golden State Warriors

hobbers strikes back!

San Antonio go up 2-1 now. Was Denver's opening just a consolation win? It also looks like Solius, The Cat and weetee might just sweep the Warriors now

No sweep for the Seattle boys, and it's all even between hobbers and Dr. Dwayne.

Okay, it's official. The Seattle Supersonics are going to make their second straight Conference Finals, and their third in four years. We still don't know who they will play there, but we know it will involve a Cafite

And it's 3-3! What a thriller we're having.

It's going to be Seattle against San Antonio, weetee, Solius and The Cat against hobbers. Dr. Dwayne couldn't get past the 90-rating monster, but that's his first playoff appearance for several years so he can't be too disappointed. We're guaranteed to have a Cafite in the NBA Finals, where they will face the Chicago Bulls or the Atlanta Hawks.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
@nimic - could you post a Sonics vs San Antonio team sheet? Is it possibke only to have the playoff stats featured there?

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
2004 Playoff Bracket

Bracket:

Pretty embarrassing performance this year. Do we get a better draft pick now?