g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 11/12 | Season Preview - West & East | Can anyone challenge altodevil and the Lakers? | Still open to sign-ups

98/99 Free Agency and Draft

nimic

something nice
Scout

Finally we've come too that most hallowed of traditions: players leaving their shit teams for fame and glory (or possibly money). Our original four players have finally reached the end of their contracts, and we've had some changes. I'll do these for the end of the transfer window as well, if anyone gets traded.

@oneniltothearsenal has moved from the Charlotte Hornets to the Miami Heat ($7.67M/year)
@Dan has signed a new contract with the Philadelphia 76ers ($8.5M/year)
@Salt Bailly has moved from the Milwaukee Bucks to the Denver Nuggets ($7.62M/year)
@Dr. Dwayne has left the New York Knicks to join @Stobzilla at the Vancouver Grizzlies ($6.41M/year)

Draft

From now on I'll hide the ratings in the draft, so that they can be properly introduced with the rest in the next season preview.

With the #8 pick in the draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers (33-49) will take...

@V.O.!

Has @altodevil's prayers been heard? Is V.O. the offensive key to unlock the Cavaliers? Time will tell.

With the #2 pick in the draft, the Portland Trailblazers (30-52) choose...
@sebsheep!

Another Cafite pairing as he joins @hobbers in Portland.

With the #1 pick in the draft, the truly atrocious Seattle Supersonics (22-60) have drafted...

@weetee!

He'll join @Solius and @The Cat in the first RedCafe threesome three-way three player rendezvous.

Other players:

#3 Vince Carter to Chicago Bulls
#4 Peja Stojakovic to Charlotte Hornets
#5 Paul Pierce to San Antonio Spurs
#6 Tyrone Nesby to New York Knicks
#7 Mike Bibby to New Jersey Nets
#9 Larry Hughes to Utah Jazz
#10 Dirk Nowitzki to Sacramento Kings

Last edited:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
@hobbers is now teamed with a player known for using performance enhancing stats.

Let's go!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Finally we've come too that most hallowed of traditions: players leaving their shit teams for fame and glory (or possibly money). Our original four players have finally reached the end of their contracts, and we've had some changes. I'll do these for the end of the transfer window as well, if anyone gets traded.

@oneniltothearsenal has moved from the Charlotte Hornets to the Miami Heat ($7.67M/year)
@Salt Bailly has moved from the Milwaukee Bucks to the Denver Nuggets ($7.62M/year)
@Dr. Dwayne has left the New York Knicks to join @Stobzilla at the Vancouver Grizzlies ($6.41M/year)

Draft

From now on I'll hide the ratings in the draft, so that they can be properly introduced with the rest in the next season preview.

@V.O.!

Has @altodevil's prayers been heard? Is V.O. the offensive key to unlock the Cavaliers? Time will tell.

@sebsheep!

With the #1 pick in the draft, the truly atrocious Seattle Supersonics (22-60) have drafted...

@weetee!

He'll join @Solius and @The Cat in the first RedCafe threesome three-way three player rendezvous.
If my guy just stands on alto's shoulders and is in charge of all the shooting and passing, we'll probably be grand.

What do the overall/potentials look like for this class?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
@V.O. you better be good or I'm leaving in 12 months
A midget created by somebody who doesn't even know what half the stats mean?

I can see no reason why I won't be at least like, pretty good.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
A midget created by somebody who doesn't even know what half the stats mean?

I can see no reason why I won't be at least like, pretty good.
Height 1
Jumping 100 is a missed opportunity.

Could have been called the flea. But no you had your chance and blew it.

98/99 Season Preview

nimic

something nice
Scout
98/99 Season Preview

Power rankings
(initial)

We're starting to see Cafites in stronger teams now. The two bad teams aren't even that bad, ratings wise. Expecting to see quite a few of you in the playoffs.

Players and Teams

@altodevil and @V.O. on the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Marginal changes for altodevil yet again. I very much doubt it's going to do anything to his performances. Maybe his new teammate is what he needs? V.O. looks to be quite an offensive power, if we look past his height. He took quite a leap already over the summer, so it might appear that altodevil and the Cavs got really lucky with a draft pick as low as #8. Right now it seems like the Cleveland coach is content to play two Centers instead of his new rookie, but that will probably change. Maybe.

@Salt Bailly on the Denver Nuggets

Some gains, some losses, but ultimately it resulted in no change in Salt Bailly's overall rating. His team is good, but maybe lacks a superstar to really compete. Salt Bailly probably won't be that this season, but let's see what he comes up with.

@oneniltothearsenal on the Miami Heat

oneniltothearsenal took quite the leap over the off-season, improving significantly in many areas. 71 rating puts him just outside of the top 10 for the entire NBA. He wasn't very happy at his former team, so maybe they really were holding him back? Miami aren't incredible, but they do have some contracts coming off the books next season, which might see them continue building. Could we maybe see another star paired with our man?

@Dan on the Philadelphia 76ers

Dan saw very slight changes since last season, but nothing to get worried over. He's the only one out of the 4 original players who decided to stay with his team. We'll see how that pans out, given that they're not particularly strong. Still, in the starting 5 alone they have a lot of money in expiring contracts, which presents an opportunity to maybe build something around Dan soon.

@hobbers and @sebsheep on the Portland Trailblazers

hobbers has finally been joined by a fellow cafite. I can only assume Portland see greatness in sebsheep's future, because his beginnings are rather humble (after he was forced off those performance enhancing drugs). They also drafted a Forward/Center for a team full of Forwards and Centers. Consequently, he's not in the starting lineup. He's just barely outside of it though, so he'll surely play. I wouldn't be too worried about the rating, we've seen how quick things can turn around.

@Solius, @The Cat and @weetee on the Seattle Supersonics

Seattle is not a good team, yet, but they sure stacked up on potential so far. Solius took a slight step forward across the board, which doesn't hurt. The Cat took a very slight step backwards, though, and he wasn't too happy with where he was to begin with. Still, things can change quickly for young players in this game. We've already seen a few examples so far, and there's another one coming up (spoiler alert). Their new man seems a good addition too - just don't give weetee the ball anywhere close to the basket.

@Dr. Dwayne and @Stobzilla on the Vancouver Grizzlies

Speaking of players suddenly improving, I give you Dr. Dwayne. +13 is a very healthy increase. Perhaps a new scene was just the thing he needed, as it came just as he joined Stobzilla in Vancouver. Stobzilla seems to have enjoyed a good off-season too, going up to 57 in rating. Their team is quite good too, though they'll surely hope to hold on to Allen Iverson when his contract expires after the season. Dr. Dwayne is outside of the starting line-up right now, for some reason, but he probably just needs to come out of his shell a bit after his humble beginnings.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

Draft

@V.O.!

@sebsheep!

@weetee!

Other players:

#3 Vince Carter to Chicago Bulls
#4 Peja Stojakovic to Charlotte Hornets
#5 Paul Pierce to San Antonio Spurs
#6 Tyrone Nesby to New York Knicks
#7 Mike Bibby to New Jersey Nets
#9 Larry Hughes to Utah Jazz
#10 Dirk Nowitzki to Sacramento Kings
Nice my stats are improving into triple double territory and I got my move away from awful Charlotte. Let's go Miami!

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Playing next to old Payton, noice. Seems like the Sonics save some salary cap leeway for next season to attack the playoffs...or are they just stingy & clueless?!

nimic

something nice
Scout
98/99 All Star Weekend

Dunk Contest

No Salt Bailly this time.

3-Point Contest

Two Cafites involved, rookies no less! @V.O. and @weetee.

All Star Game

This time we had several representatives. The West was represented by teammates @Dr. Dwayne and @Stobzilla. From the East we have @altodevil, @oneniltothearsenal and @V.O. (who seems to be having quite the rookie season so far).

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Surprised jobbers not an allstar. Glad v.o starting strong but I'll probably end up leaving anyway

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Sweet. finally an all-star. @nimic what are my regular season stats so far?

98/99 Playoffs

nimic

something nice
Scout
98/99 Playoffs

Eastern Conference
race for the playoffs

Western Conference race for the playoffs

Some surprisingly good and otherwise successful players failed to make the playoffs this year. @oneniltothearsenal's Miami and @Salt Bailly's Denver were just one game off, while the all-stars in @altodevil and @V.O. missed out by a quite large margin, the same for @Dan. Though they finished last in the East, their records would have put them above three teams in the West. This includes @Solius, @The Cat and @weetee's Seattle, which looks likely to get a top 3 draft pick for their third year in a row. Will they draft another Cafite?

Playoff Bracket

We have a Caf-off! @Dr. Dwayne and @Stobzilla (Vancouver) will face off against @hobbers and @sebsheep (Portland). This means we'll have at least two Cafites in the 2nd Round

First Round results

Conference Semis results

Conference Finals results

NBA Finals

Playoff stats:

Points/rebounds/assists per game
@Dr. Dwayne: 19/5/1
@Stobzilla: 11/11/3
@sebsheep: 8/3/1
@hobbers: 10/6/7 (and 2 steals/3 blocks)

Memorable moments:

Memorable moments:
sebsheep (Portland) with a team-high +15 +/- and 17 points on 5-8 shooting in a 91-93 loss to Vancouver
hobbers (Portland) with 8 assists and 5 blocks in a 81-66 win over Vancouver
Dr. Dwayne (Vancouver) with 25 points in a 98-82 win over Portland, and 26 points in a 117-79 win over Minnesota
Stobzilla (Vancouver) with 15 rebounds in a 92-82 win over Portland

Dan

I’ve had a shocking season, become complacent with that fat new contract.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Thanks @nimic is it possible for you to show my personal stats for that rookie season? :nervous:

Also feck the Sonics. Never been a fan.