g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 11/12 | Season Preview - West & East | Can anyone challenge altodevil and the Lakers? | Still open to sign-ups

nimic

something nice
Scout
I am moving up @BenitoSTARR one year in the draft, to give elmo more time.

It has nothing to do with him recently becoming a scout, don't be ridiculous. I am offended you would even think that.

Edit: and I should say, if anyone else wants to be put in the game, just check the first post and fill in the details. The draft after next isn't full yet.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

It has nothing to do with him recently becoming a scout, don't be ridiculous. I am offended you would even think that.

Edit: and I should say, if anyone else wants to be put in the game, just check the first post and fill in the details. The draft after next isn't full yet.
Scouts honour.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

I think you should ban him from the game. He's not a nice person.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
alto getting super defensive

- wish he‘d sign for the sonics

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
That's legit. All League. All Defense. All Star. Game recognizes game.

Now I just need another Caf player and we'll win trophies, preferably some midget guard.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Two 5x5s already. Plus 31 rebounds and 10 steals in one game is filth.

@nimic who had the best game score this season?

nimic

something nice
Scout
99/00 Free Agency and Draft

@altodevil left the Cleveland Cavaliers (31-51) and has signed for the Sacramento Kings (34-48) for $11.31M/year (2nd highest in the league)
@hobbers moved from the Portland Trailblazers (43-39) to the San Antonio Spurs (19-63) for $11.27M/year (3rd in the league)

Draft

With the #10 pick in the draft, the Los Angeles Lakers (36-46) have picked...

With the #3 pick in the draft, the @Dan-led Philadelphia 76ers (31-51) have selected...

With the #1 pick in the draft, the New York Knicks (32-50) have gone with...

Others players:

#2 Metta World Peace to New Jersey Nets
#4 Lamar Odom to San Antonio Spurs
#5 Steve Francis to Golden State Warriors
#6 Elton Brand to Seattle Supersonics
#7 James Posey to Cleveland Cavaliers
#8 Baron Davis to Chicago Bulls
#9 Jason Terry to Sacramento Kings

altodevil

So I've just joined another loser franchise ffs

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

@altodevil left the Cleveland Cavaliers (31-51) and has signed for the Sacramento Kings (34-48) for $11.31M/year (2nd highest in the league)
@hobbers moved from the Portland Trailblazers (43-39) to the San Antonio Spurs (19-63) for $11.27M/year (3rd in the league)

Draft

With the #10 pick in the draft, the Los Angeles Lakers (36-46) have picked...

With the #3 pick in the draft, the @Dan-led Philadelphia 76ers (31-51) have selected...

With the #1 pick in the draft, the New York Knicks (32-50) have gone with...

Others players:

HAMMER TIME

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Slightly misleading. If you include the nose size and weight he's actually the largest player the league has ever seen.
I have no weight. However I may only be picked up by those who are worthy.

99/00 Season Preview

nimic

something nice
Scout
99/00 Season Preview Part 1

Power rankings:

@Solius, @The Cat and @weetee are on the Seattle Supersonics

Trust the process? After finishing with the 26th best record at the end of last season, suddenly Seattle is tipped to have the 4th best team in the entire league. Solius took a leap into potential superstardom, while The Cat took the leap from "I'm bad" to quite decent. weetee stayed where he was, but that's a pretty good spot to begin with. We'll see if their team makes any further moves before the trade deadline, but it definitely seems like our boys might have their first playoff season.

@BenitoSTARR is on the New York Knicks

BenitoSTARR looks like he might be an instant hit, among other things. He's the only Cafite on his team, but that means he's immediately the star. It's also quite a solid, young team to begin with, so I expect we'll see another playoff first-timer this season. If he isn't deported by then.

@hobbers is on the San Antonio Spurs

hobbers didn't have no success in Portland, but clearly he's looking for more than the odd First Round playoff exit. We'll see if he finds that on the Spurs. It doesn't hurt that he took a significant leap, and is now certainly one of the premier players in the league. It also doesn't hurt that the Spurs have two or three other young and very good players.

@oneniltothearsenal on the Miami Heat

oneniltothearsenal continues improving. Unfortunately for him the rest of the starting 5 at Miami all declined, so we'll see if he can carry them even harder than he did last season. He'll need to if he wants to make the playoffs.

@Dr. Dwayne and @Stobzilla on the Vancouver Grizzlies

Both Dr. Dwayne and Stobzilla took a very minor step backwards during the off season. Their team also has a slightly worse rating than they did at the start of the previous season. That said, they were joined by Kobe Bryant in free agency, so maybe they still have something to them. If they want to match last season they'll have to get to the Conference Semis again, which won't be easy.

@Samid on the Los Angeles Lakers

We have our first Laker! Unfortunately for Samid, these Lakers aren't actually very good. Nor is Samid, to be fair. Or is he? His rating is very low, but his build is also completely unhinged, so it's hard to say what the result will be. Either way other players have already shown that our rookies are very likely to improve during their first contract, so let's see what happens.

nimic

something nice
Scout
99/00 Season Preview Part 2

@Salt Bailly is on the Denver Nuggets

Salt Bailly was one win away from making the playoffs last season, which will have hurt. It's unclear if this season will be any easier, though. His team is technically worse, though Salt Bailly himself saw minor improvements across the board.

@altodevil and the Sacramento Kinga

altodevil
couldn't wait to get away from the Cavs, after several seasons of personal achievements but very little playoff progress to show for it. His choice of teams might be subject to valid criticism, though. He's paid well, but is he really going to do much with the Kings? His hope will have to be that young (though older than he is) Dirk and Jason Terry will improve, or else that the team makes some moves in the trade market.

@sebsheep is on the Portland Trailblazers

Not a great off season for sebsheep. Not only did he seen an ever so slight decline, his teammate hobbers decided to look for greener pastures. On top of that most of the rest of his team also apparently had some training difficulties. He does have still some good teammates, but he also has some truly awful ones. They also have a lot of roster spots and free salary cap, so I strongly suspect they are tanking for a better draft pick.

@V.O. is still on the Cleveland Cavaliers

Despite a tiny skill decline, V.O.'s biggest problem will be that altodevil abandoned him in favour of another not-amazing team. His team isn't particularly young either, but they have a lot of open roster spots and a lot of free cap space (so much that they are going to be fined for being so slow if they stay there). I very much doubt we'll see V.O. in the playoffs this season, and probably not in the All Stars again either. He's still got a lot of time, though.

Finally we have @Dan and @Skizzo on the Philadelphia 76ers

Isn't it beautiful? England and Wales united, albeit in a pretty damn poor team. It probably doesn't help that Dan is by far the youngest player in the starting 5 - nor that the coach seems to think starting 3 guards and 2 centres is ideal. Skizzo is not in the starting line-up, but as I've said a few times now, we've seen how rookies might take big leaps in their first 2 or 3 years. The Cat is the latest example, and before that Dr. Dwayne was in that position. Whatever the case, I can pretty much guarantee that we won't be seeing our lads in the playoffs this year.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports

Others players:

I thought you said Miami had money! Where is my help?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ooh where did that come from? Happy with that. I look like a 3 point king.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

We have our first Laker! Unfortunately for Samid, these Lakers aren't actually very good. Nor is Samid, to be fair. Or is he? His rating is very low, but his build is also completely unhinged, so it's hard to say what the result will be. Either way other players have already shown that our rookies are very likely to improve during their first contract, so let's see what happens.
That lame contract has killed my motivation. No wonder my jumping, passing, dunking and rebounding is down.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Hey, it's not all bad. Miami used that money to sign Greg Minor, Eric Snow and James Collins. They all definitely sound like real people. Unfortunately you are the only player on 60+ rating on the team, so good luck with that.
Yeah good luck with Eric Minor League and Greg You know nothing Snow.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Man, those Sonics drag me down..but nice outlook. Shooting 3p is the only thing we‘re really good at! Imagine having Alto in the box getting those rebounds. But he settled for mediocrity it seems.

altodevil

Great updates @nimic

Any chance of some combined stats so far? Who is doing the best in each area? Are there advanced stats?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Hmm, how come half of us are declining at the ripe old age of 18-21?

Are these stat changes just temporary bumps around morale etc, or are they actual development?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Hmm, how come half of us are declining at the ripe old age of 18-21?

Are these stat changes just temporary bumps around morale etc, or are they actual development?
Actual development. There's a morale effect, but it goes on top of the stats you see. The game is very volatile, so stats are going to go up and down. I am pretty sure they end up going more up than down when you're young, though, and you guys started very young. But someone is definitely going to just never become that good, or decline early and stay there. It's bound to happen.