g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 11/12 | Season Preview Part 1 | Can anyone challenge altodevil and the Lakers? | Still open to sign-ups

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I have the best player. That much is clear. I pray he signs for a competent team next free agency.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I have the best player. That much is clear. I pray he signs for a competent team next free agency.
Join the Nicks and you can be the second best in the world.

We’d be a formidable pair. Your defence and my offence. Like salt and pepper. You’re the salty one and I’ll pepper the basket with those 3 pointers.

altodevil

Join the Nicks and you can be the second best in the world.

We’d be a formidable pair. Your defence and my offence. Like salt and pepper. You’re the salty one and I’ll pepper the basket with those 3 pointers.
Cope more midget

altodevil

I’d say give me a ring but you’ve not got one from winning the finals…. Awkward.

Rookie season and you’ve already taken a hammering.
If you were finals mvp then fair enough. But you weren't, you were carried by ilgauskas.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
If you were finals mvp then fair enough. But you weren't, you were carried by ilgauskas.
Also all league team 3rd pick no other Nicks player made the all league.

Defensive team made 2nd team (as a purely offensive weapon - literally I’m a hammer) ahead of all NYK team mates.

I carried that side.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Injury Update

Games out injured per year (years played)
  1. 11.0 - Dan (5)
  2. 9.5 - altodevil (4)
  3. 8.0 - Salt Bailly (5)
  4. 7.7 - Solius (3)
  5. 6.8 - Dr. Dwayne (5)
  6. 6.7 - Stobzilla (3)
  7. 5.8 - oneniltothearsenal (5)
  8. 5.3 - The Cat (3)
  9. 3.5 - weetee (2)
  10. 3.0 - hobbers (4)
  11. 1.0 - V.O. (2)
  12. 0.0 - Skizzo (1)
  13. 0.0 - Samid (1)
  14. 0.0 - BenitoSTARR (1)
  15. 0.0 - sebsheep (2)

reelworld

When the 2000 draft?

I didn't remember the actual draft, but when I googled it it make sense :lol:. I mean Stromile Swift was second overall pick, and Michael Redd was second round at 45

00/01 Draft and Free Agency

nimic

something nice
Scout

Well, only one Cafite in this draft, so no need for obfuscation!

@reelworld has been taken as the #4 pick by the Washington Wizards (48-34, via the Pacers)

Top 10:

#1: Jamal Crawford (Denver Nuggets)
#2: Darius Miles (Philadelphia 76ers)
#3: Mike Miller (Cleveland Cavaliers)
#5: Keyon Dooling (Portland Trailblazers)
#6: Stephen Jackson (Utah Jazz)
#7: Quentin Richardson (Chicago Bulls)
#8: Hedo Türkoglu (Detroit Pistons)
#9: Morris Peterson (Phoenix Suns)
#10: Kenyon Martin (Miami Heat)

Free Agency

@Solius has signed a new 5-year contract with the Seattle Supersonics for $11.29M per year
@Stobzilla has signed a new 4-year contract with the Vancouver Grizzlies for $7.33M per year
@The Cat has signed a new 4-year contract with the Seattle Supersonics for $6.05M per year

For once an entire draft class of Cafites was happy to stay where they were. It might have to do with them being playoff teams, or it might have to do with the Pacific North-West climate. There's no way to know.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I have no idea why my guy is happy to stay

reelworld

@reelworld has been taken as the #4 pick by the Washington Wizards (48-34, via the Pacers)

Top 10:

Free Agency

@Solius has signed a new 5-year contract with the Seattle Supersonics for $11.29M per year
@Stobzilla has signed a new 4-year contract with the Vancouver Grizzlies for $7.33M per year
@The Cat has signed a new 4-year contract with the Seattle Supersonics for $6.05M per year

For once an entire draft class of Cafites was happy to stay where they were. It might have to do with them being playoff teams, or it might have to do with the Pacific North-West climate. There's no way to know.
Nice!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Top 10:

Free Agency

Probably would’ve left earlier on but seems to be the right decision now they’re good.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You're still on your rookie contract, you have no choice basically. They are never going to trade you on that contract because it's so cheap. It expires after this season, at which point you can leave if you want to.
Might have to look at using the position change for when I leave, I actually have no idea if my stats are good for my position :lol:

00/01 Season Preview

nimic

something nice
Scout
00/01 Season Preview

Power Rankings

Team Finances (spending is from 1-100, with diminishing returns)

@altodevil - Sacramento Kings (36-46)

Slight decline, but will probably have very little actual impact. altodevil will do what he always does. There are things he doesn't do, though, and he needs other people doing them. Dirk Nowitzki improved quite a bit, but the guards on the team are less than impressive. altodevil didn't make it to the playoffs last season, will he fare any better this time? Chances are... nope.

@BenitoSTARR - New York Knicks (61-21, Champions)

A tiny bit of improvement for our first Cafite champion. Will the Knicks repeat their feat from last year? The team didn't really get much worse or much better, but it's possible last year was a fluke. It did take two incredible series comebacks, after all.

@Dan and @Skizzo - Philadelphia 76ers (19-63 :lol:)

Are Philadelphia going to be world beaters this season? No, probably not. Are they going to end up with by far the worst record in the entire league again? No, they aren't. Both Dan and Skizzo saw significant improvement, and for the rest of the team it more or less evens out. A playoff spot is not out of the question.

@Dr. Dwayne and @Stobzilla - Vancouver Grizzlies (42-40, First Round)

Improvement continues for our Vancouver lads. Dr. Dwayne in particular has now increased by more than 20 overall rating since his draft. It's probably not going to be enough to make them truly good, but at the very least there's a decent chance we see them back in the playoffs. The top 4 is good, but beyond that there's a serious lack of quality. Maybe some trades can sort it out?

@hobbers - San Antonio Spurs (40-42, First Round)

More improvement is also the order of the day for our supergreen Ruby Rhod hobbers. He's not officially the highest rated player in the entire league. In fact, he's the highest rated player in the league so far. Is that somehow going to propel him to a championship? God no. He's got a couple of other decent players on his team, but beyond what you can see, very nearly literally every other player on the team declined significantly. Let's see what he does with, though.

@oneniltothearsenal - Miami Heat (35-47)

Speaking of superstars on average teams, here's oneniltothearsenal! He saw some very minor rating changes over the summer, but at least other people in Miami's starting line up improved a bit. I doubt two players with a 60+ rating (and one only barely) is going to be enough to make any big waves, but with a good season from our man he might get to the playoffs for the first time since his second season with Charlotte.

@reelworld - Washington Wizards (48-34, Conference Finals)

Bold move by reelworld, putting almost no points into height, strength or jumping. Let's see how it plays out. We might have another Samid on our hands, depending on just how low the ratings threshold is for the AI coach to pick him at all. Still, it's not like he's going to miss out on much. Washington are really quite poor, and there's no way they'll make the playoffs as they currently are. They did last year, but the reason (Chris Webber) has left for Houston.

nimic

something nice
Scout
00/01 Season Preview cont.

@Salt Bailly (Denver Nuggets, 26-56)

Remember when Salt Bailly made the playoffs in all 3 years of his rookie contract with Milwaukee? And remember when he left them in favour of Denver, and hasn't made the playoffs since? Just me? Okay then. In any case, the Nuggets were bad last season, and they got worse almost across the board. Salt Bailly got slightly worse too, but he's still comfortably the best player they have. He still has 3 years left of his contract, so he better hope they trade for some good players, or maybe trade him away and just fully tank.

@Samid - Los Angeles Lakers (42-40, Conference Semis)

I've got good news and bad news. The bad news is that Samid didn't improve over the off season, and that he still probably won't play much. The good news is that there is one other player worse than him on the team. The actually good news is that playing time still doesn't matter for development, so he might jump by +15 next time for all we know. He's got some time too, because the Lakers are not good. He's not missing out on much. Actually, the really good news is that the one thing that does matter for development in this game is how much the team spends on coaching, and the Lakers spend more than anyone except the Knicks.

@sebsheep - Portland Trailblazers (30-52)

Quite a leap for sebsheep! He improved everywhere (except height, which is sadly not possible change - damn you biology!). His Trailblazers were quite some distance from the playoffs last season, but this time they're actually got a really decent chance at making it in a strong Western Conference. It doesn't hurt that their pick 5th pick in the "bad" draft improved even more. Our man might not start, since Portland has a lot of good players in his positions, but he'll surely play a lot.

@weetee, @The Cat and @Solius - Seattle Supersonics (52-27, First Round)

Remember when Seattle were really bad for the longest time? I am sure Solius, The Cat and weetee remember. But they might also remember that last season they were a strong 2-seed who got kicked out in the first round of the playoffs by a not-so-strong Lakers. But this time they are even better. While The Cat mostly stayed the same, weetee took a slight step forward and Solius took a gargantuan leap into superstardom. He gained a hefty 21 rating in Defensive IQ, which might be good considering all 3 resident Cafites were already offensively minded players. It doesn't hurt that many non-Cafite players on the team also got better, while almost no one got noticeably worse. Is this the year? I don't know yet, but I'll be sure to keep you updated.

@V.O. - Cleveland Cavaliers (20-62)

Cleveland were very bad last year. They weren't the worst, but that's only because Dan and Skizzo's Philadelphia 76ers exist. I doubt Cleveland are going to be particularly good this season either, and the Power Ranking agrees, but they surely won't be that bad. Making the playoffs would be quite an achievement, but then V.O. and several of his starting teammates made decent improvements since last season. V.O. has been an All-Star two seasons in a row, but equally has been nowhere near the playoffs for those seasons. Let's see if he can work something out this time.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
00/01 Season Preview cont.

@Salt Bailly (Denver Nuggets, 26-56)

Remember when Salt Bailly made the playoffs in all 3 years of his rookie contract with Milwaukee? And remember when he left them in favour of Denver, and hasn't made the playoffs since? Just me? Okay then.
I peaked at 17.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Seattle should easily win it all.

Joke that after a mega season I only get a +1 and a drop in potential.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Seems to me Sonics started to improve once I‘ve settled there. Bulls only started their haul once Pippen came in too.

Joke that after a mega season I only get a +1 and a drop in potential.
Coke binge? Maybe you‘re not cut out for the big city lil‘ man.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Seems to me Sonics started to improve once I‘ve settled there. Bulls only started their haul once Pippen came in too.

Coke binge? Maybe you‘re not cut out for the big city lil‘ man.
With a nose like mine too.