The right winger market…

United888

This might sound crazy, but I want us to stick with Garnacho and Amad as RW rather than buying another RW. I like Olise though but we should wait until he’s available for more reasonable price or until we sort out other area.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Just sign Olise. We’d have a free run at him too as everybody else has players in that position. Except maybe Newcastle.. but yeah he wouldn’t be obscenely expensive and is just getting better and better.
Also I remember when we signed Antony and a lot of people were saying how there was a lack of good right wingers around so we had to pay premium for him :lol: now there’s about 6/7 of them performing at a high level atm.
I think Liverpool might go for Olise as well

ROFLUTION

Just develop what we have. Amad is back, Garnacho is developing - and Antony can possibly have some stable performances too. Let’s not just give up early on those 3.

Centre of midfield and a striker for competition is what we need more. Maybe someone who can play both striker and RW? Neto fits the bill. 23 years, 1.5 years on his contract.

CM

I liked the look of Roony Bardghji when we played Copenhagen. You would think we should be able to get him out of there for a relatively modest fee. I'd be more interested in us pursuing someone like that than the most recent Olise link.

LuckyScout78

I am scouting Uniteds own Shea Lacey. But i just need more time to observe and scout him.

His freekick and left foot is just crazy. I just need time to observe his mentality, top guts and fighting spirit. And if his mood swing a lot.

Shea Lacey 16 is clearly a talent left winger and attacking player. But 16 is a early age and stage.

But he has scored for England nation youth team. So at his age. Best RW in country and England.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The last really good right winger for the club was bought by SAF Nani in 2007.

That tells its own story.
I just came here to say this. The last really good anything we bought was under Sir Alex pre 2009 with a few isolated but notable exceptions. Since 2013 we’ve had the worst recruitment run the league has ever seen.

We've needed a proper RW since 2014 more or less. Even Sancho was better on the left. I digress but who is the last really good in their prime CM we bought? Pogba and Herrera. Both didn’t fully work out but they were signed ages ago and we didn’t attempt to replace or push them as hard as possible with other signings. Same with Martial up front until Rasmus came in. We just let stuff go stale as hell and fall into critical territory before we finally act and it feels like the players fully know it and are just coasting until we it get sorted out.

SRB87

Supports
ACU
how are we feeling about Leroy Sane. He is the type of winger we need IMO.....fast, dynamic, good shot, etc. He also knows the league which is a plus.

croadyman

Just develop what we have. Amad is back, Garnacho is developing - and Antony can possibly have some stable performances too. Let’s not just give up early on those 3.

Centre of midfield and a striker for competition is what we need more. Maybe someone who can play both striker and RW? Neto fits the bill. 23 years, 1.5 years on his contract.
Antony was complete waste of money,we could have bought someone with more to their game than just a few fancy tricks

Bojan Djordjic

Pedro Neto isn't a bad shout
Neto's a really good player but don't know how any United fan could have any appetite to touch such a player with a bargepole when we are currently burdened with players like Martial and Varane and have recently been unburdened by players like Jones, Bailly, Pogba and Cavani who were so seldom available to play because of injury proneness but raking in valuable wages. Signing a player, no matter how good he is, that has missed over 400 days in three years due to injury would be as dumb a move as we could possibly make.

fps

how are we feeling about Leroy Sane. He is the type of winger we need IMO.....fast, dynamic, good shot, etc. He also knows the league which is a plus.
To me, Sane was a United style player through and through, his balance made him feel like a modern Giggs, and I was baffled that he went to Man City. He is one of the best players in the world at tearing a game open. He is too good to sign for United in our current state, and it seems he needs good man management and wraparound care too, which we do not provide.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
To me, Sane was a United style player through and through, his balance made him feel like a modern Giggs, and I was baffled that he went to Man City. He is one of the best players in the world at tearing a game open. He is too good to sign for United in our current state, and it seems he needs good man management and wraparound care too, which we do not provide.
He has been world class since the summer and I expect him to extend his contract at Bayern.
If he doesn’t do that then I do not really expect him to land at United…

Redivy

Neto's a really good player but don't know how any United fan could have any appetite to touch such a player with a bargepole when we are currently burdened with players like Martial and Varane and have recently been unburdened by players like Jones, Bailly, Pogba and Cavani who were so seldom available to play because of injury proneness but raking in valuable wages. Signing a player, no matter how good he is, that has missed over 400 days in three years due to injury would be as dumb a move as we could possibly make.
I agree with this. Similar worrying signs with Olise too.

Bojan Djordjic

I agree with this. Similar worrying signs with Olise too.
I wouldn't write Olise off as quickly because as far as I can see he's only had two injuries in his career and unfortunately one of those has pretty much kept him out of the first half of this season. No sign of recurrency with his injuries so I'd be more comfortable with his signing.

The-Mezzala

I liked the look of Roony Bardghji when we played Copenhagen. You would think we should be able to get him out of there for a relatively modest fee. I'd be more interested in us pursuing someone like that than the most recent Olise link.
I think he would be a great signing.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Why are two flank wide men like Gnabry, Conan and Sane at Bayern no longer being produced? Almost everyone these days who operates wide is a cut in to my stronger foot, can't operate on my natural side, can't go on the outside merchant.....
The generation before them at Bayern were inverted wingers as well: Ribery and Robben. It is an asset when you have overlapping fullbacks.
The current Bayern is much more fluid in attack.

Bojan Djordjic

I wouldn't write Olise off as quickly because as far as I can see he's only had two injuries in his career and unfortunately one of those has pretty much kept him out of the first half of this season. No sign of recurrency with his injuries so I'd be more comfortable with his signing.
See that he's done his hammy again after Hodgson played him seven games straight off the back of a six month injury lay off which is far from ideal for a winger.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
From what I've seen, Nico Williams is the dream signing here for me. A true direct winger who is a brilliant dribbler and fast and can do it all.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
The generation before them at Bayern were inverted wingers as well: Ribery and Robben. It is an asset when you have overlapping fullbacks.
The current Bayern is much more fluid in attack.
My issue is not inverting. Its the utter inability to operate on their natural side for most wide attackers and wingers these days.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
My issue is not inveting. Its the utter inability to operate on their natural side for most wide attackers and wingers these days.
Gotcha. Maybe because the are drilled to get i to scoring positions and shoot? Goals > crosses? Is it an ego thing?