The Road Trip Draft IIStandard T&C:
S1 - All time draft.
S2 - Initial drafting of 12 players. Extra 2 players per Reinforcement Round, 1 before the final, with the standard inverting the draft order method.
S3 - 8 hrs per pick. Do not wait or provide extra time.
S4 - No change in picks after posting.
S5 - No substitutions. Tactical changes with in-field players only.
S6 - First 2 picks of losing team will not be available during reinforcements.
S7 - Pick times from Round 2 onwards to be recorded and used for tie breakers.
Variation from the First Version: Instead of using players born in the neighboring nation, we will be using players based on their league/european careers on those said nations. National Team career is completely excluded from this draft.
Draft Theme : A variation on the Chain Draft format where geography plays a big role. Your first pick is free to pick from every player that has ever played the sport professionally. Following that, every pick must have played for a professional league tied up to the nation (see below) that shares a CURRENT political border with the nation of his previous pick.
Definition of nationality :
- A Nation is defined as one that has or has had a national team participating in FIFA competitions (e.g. no Catalunya)
- Only the league/european performances of the said player in that league will be considered.
- The player can have played in the league multiple times in that league, all the stints will be considered.
- If a player has played for multiple clubs in the same league, all those performances will be considered.
- All performances outside the selected league are completely discarded.
- e.g. If you choose Desailly for England, only his performances during his time at Chelsea in PL and Europe are considered for judging.
Definition of Political Borders : (This needs to be discussed)
1. Political Borders as of 22 July 2019 will be considered eligible.
2. Countries that belong to the same continent and are separated by a water body will be considered eligible as neighbours to the nation if you can draw a straight line between the two nations with only water and no land obstructing the line. On a flat map. No cleverness here, clarify openly in case of doubts and majority decides whether it holds true. Please raise doubts before the draft starts.
3. Countries that belong to different continents but share a land border will NOT be eligible neighbours. e.g. You can NOT move from a European Country to an Asian country.
Any dispute regarding this will be presented to the moderator BEFORE the pick is made and his verdict will be final.
4. In case of an overseas territory, you will still be only able to use links from the home nation as stated above, as long as they don't have their own recognised NTs.
5. The country to continent mapping is as per the FIFA allocation, here.
1. You can only pick a maximum of 2 players from a nation using the above definition of which nation a player represents. This means that you can pick a max 2 players from any league of a particular nation. e.g. you can have max 2 players across all English leagues including PL, Championship, etc.
2. You will be granted one 'FREE INTERCONTINENTAL TRAVEL' or a 'FIT' pass to jump from one continent to another.
2a. You do NEED to use this to jump continents via nations that share land borders.
2b. You do NOT need to use this to jump to a country not sharing a land border within the same continent.
2c. You can only use it once for the duration of the drafting stage, and one for the duration of the knockout stage for reinforcements.
In match thread, only one of the managers is allowed to post for the duration of the match. The other manager is restricted to 3 posts or less for the duration of match thread. Make your choice and make it clear on match thread on who will lead the discussions.
It's not one at at time. It's just one for the match.
Required: All managers MUST mention the name of the league/country in the team sheets/graphics so as to not have any confusions or misrepresentations.
More of a request. Most managers have multiple days before their matches are due to be played. Please make your submission before and do not wait for match day to make your submission and avoid last minute delays.
Video Evidence Rule:
Any players born on or before 31st December 1939 must come with a link to a full game in which they appeared. Otherwise the pick will be invalid and the next drafter can pick immediately. You can then post a valid pick asap. If someone finds a player that is born after 31st December 1939 he can pick him.
Sites for finding full length games:
Q: What about players born in countries that don’t have a national team?
A: Whichever country they represented is the one you need to travel to in order to pick them.
Q: Country X has its own team recognised national team but is politically a part of Country Y. What applies in this situation?
A: That would mean you cannot travel to that country and pick a Country Y player. You can only pick a player who has played for their own NT.