The S*n's agenda against the club

Dante

Average bang
When things are going well they are still negative. They could easily focus on Ole coming back 20 years after winning the treble, but they'd rather make up bullshit about Sanchez because they've got no competition for those clicks then.
The vast majority of stories are about Ole and they're overwhelmingly positive.

Where the the newspaper can reference a scandal, of course they will. It sells papers. And reality TV. And movies. And celebrities.

United are the Hollywood of football. If we give off the slightest whiff of discord it's going to get amplified.

But by the same token, we've only just appointed a caretaker manager: it's the lead story on the backpages and the lead story on the radio/TV sports segements.

I repeat, only a caretaker manager.

No other club gets that kind of positive attention over something so small.

Last edited:

OldPop

The vast majority of stories are about Ole and they're overwhelmingly positive.

Where the the newspaper can reference a scandal, of course they will. It sells papers. And reality TV. And movies. And celebrities.

United are the Hollywood of football. If we give off the slightest whiff of discord it's going to get amplified.

But by the same token, we've only just appointed a caretaker manager: it's the lead story on the backpages and the lead story on the radio/TV sports segements.

I repeat, only a caretaker manager.

No other club gets that kind of positive attention over something so small.
That they refer to scandals do not bother me, that's when they produce false scandals, and some newspapers do it, which also hurts individuals that I react with disgust. Then it does not matter if it's spoiled football's millionaires or not, everyone has the same right to be treated fairly.

Dante

Average bang
That they refer to scandals do not bother me, that's when they produce false scandals, and some newspapers do it, which also hurts individuals that I react with disgust. Then it does not matter if it's spoiled football's millionaires or not, everyone has the same right to be treated fairly.
Every superstar gets shit made up about them. United are the superstars of the football world. There's no more agenda against the club than there is against Miley Cyrus.

Moriarty

Every superstar gets shit made up about them. United are the superstars of the football world. There's no more agenda against the club than there is against Miley Cyrus.
United are big news no matter what. Papers print stuff and it feeds itself, taking on a life of its own. The it fizzles out and it's on to the next bit of fluff. People have short memories.

MrPooni

Why not ban Sun articles from being posted here?
I've been wondering that since the Hillsborough ruling. There's absolutely no need for a football forum to be promoting that sack of shite, albeit indirectly, in 2018.

OldPop

United are big news no matter what. Papers print stuff and it feeds itself, taking on a life of its own. The it fizzles out and it's on to the next bit of fluff. People have short memories.
That's right in most cases and for people in general, in a week or so, it's something else that tops the front pages. But for a person who has been falsely accused, no matter what it is, it does not disappear as fast.

They may live by suspicion of friends, coworkers, neighbors etc for a long time. Therefore, I do not think you should accept lies in the media, even if we know and understand why they fabricate them.

Trophy Room

This is what tabloid newspapers crave - a reaction, irrespective of the authenticity of the news article. This is especially true in the digital/social media age of clicks and likes.

Moriarty

That's right in most cases and for people in general, in a week or so, it's something else that tops the front pages. But for a person who has been falsely accused, no matter what it is, it does not disappear as fast.

They may live by suspicion of friends, coworkers, neighbors etc for a long time. Therefore, I do not think you should accept lies in the media, even if we know and understand why they fabricate them.
I was actually thinking along the lines of what is written about footballers, but you are right. The Sun printed the most outrageous lies about Hillsborough and that mud stuck and stayed. Even though the fans have since been exonerated, there's probably still some of that won't wash out.

StoicRed

I don't know which one hurts more: Staring into the Sun for 5 seconds OR reading an article from "The Sun." :cool:

But anyway, yeah... I wouldn't worry too much about this tabloid to begin with as I really couldn't care less about gossip written by people who don't even play on the pitch! If they want to pick a fight, "The Sun" should form a team and face United - but oh wait... gotta start from some Level 11 League first before reaching the Premiership.

OldPop

I was actually thinking along the lines of what is written about footballers, but you are right. The Sun printed the most outrageous lies about Hillsborough and that mud stuck and stayed. Even though the fans have since been exonerated, there's probably still some of that won't wash out.
Agrees with it, and supports a wife, a cat, two dogs and a garden full of birds :lol:

RedNed77

One of the plus sides for Ole is he should find it easier to form a seige mentality against all this shit. I'll definitely stand behind/beside the manager more against this kind of nonsense than i would if it had been any of our three previous managers.

Ryan Bobson

We need a bit of us versus them mentality back in the club , Fergies successes where built on it

Mick321

It's a horrible paper, all football clubs should just ban it.

T_Model101

The club is a bit of a mess at the moment
There's a piece in The Mail I think that Woodward has obviously leaked about Jose turning up for the Munich rememberance service in a tracksuit
PR ping ping from both sides....

wolvored

The Sun The Mirror The Guardian are comics and make loads of shit up. The more controversial the more clickbait the more sales they hope to generate. The Mirror and the Guardian are losing readers in the 100s every year, probably because of this.

wolvored

The club is a bit of a mess at the moment
There's a piece in The Mail I think that Woodward has obviously leaked about Jose turning up for the Munich rememberance service in a tracksuit
PR ping ping from both sides....
There was a photo of him in the hoody, hardly made up or 'obviously leaked'.

Kharhaz

Supports
Liverpool
This is a piece of shit who tried to set up the late great Ronnie Barker when he retired from comedy on a sting in his retirement.

This rag sums up everything wrong in todays society. If you can find it, look for the Charlie Brooker poem on the sun, he sums them up perfectly.

Jurgen Klopp has refused to speak to them assholes at our press conferences, and he has only be here a short time in comparison to them.

The sooner everyone stops acknowledging these pieces of shit as media and start acknowledging them for what they are, bullshit peddling, trouble causing lying pieces of shit, the sooner these assholes will be gone from our existence.

Reactions: SteveJ

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
It’s unbelievable that this pile of steaming horse shit is still going. 70% of their “articles” are lies and the other 30% have an agenda. You’d think they’d have been sued enough times for them to cease existing by now.

Not a massive fan of Liverpool but I’d be delighted if every club and city followed them in banning this joke of a “paper”. Disgusting how many lives they have ruined and reputations they have attempted to destroy.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveJ

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
It's the Sun. I don't know why articles from them are not banned here. Well maybe for the better, because you'd see who are the idiots amongst us who treat their "reporting" as gospel.

wolvored

I didn't say it was made up
The timing of the article is suspicious no?
Nothing suspicious, they are just stating the obvious. Either they are in the know, or making a story up and using that as another example of why he was sacked.

Dante

Average bang
Three of the top four Sun Football articles on their website are about United.

None of them are negative.

No agenda.

If you only concentrate on the negative stuff, you only see the negative stuff. United just get a shit ton of attention, mostly good sometimes bad. That's the only thing to comment on.

It's no conspiracy.

The remaining one story out of the top four is a negative article about Leicester. There's no agenda against them, either. Claude Puel's troubles are an interesting story. That's all.

Josep Dowling

This is a piece of shit who tried to set up the late great Ronnie Barker when he retired from comedy on a sting in his retirement.

This rag sums up everything wrong in todays society. If you can find it, look for the Charlie Brooker poem on the sun, he sums them up perfectly.

Jurgen Klopp has refused to speak to them assholes at our press conferences, and he has only be here a short time in comparison to them.

The sooner everyone stops acknowledging these pieces of shit as media and start acknowledging them for what they are, bullshit peddling, trouble causing lying pieces of shit, the sooner these assholes will be gone from our existence.
I’m surprised the Sun is even allowed in Liverpool press conferences, are they not banned?

Dante

Average bang
The Sun is leading with a positive story about United, even though City lost at the top of the table.

Scholsey2004

The S*n hates the north west, particularly but not exclusively, Liverpool. They'll always have an agenda of undermining its institutions.