The Saudi Takeover Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I'd love it.

Only way I see us becoming a truly elite team is with a change of ownership.

The way a team like Barca are run.

Sauldogba

I find it hard to believe that people who've spent their entire lives supporting United, and all that entails, could just syop because of the owner.

You might lose something, but to be totally done with the club/football. I'm not so sure.
Because they are bullshitting thats why.

sam147

So wahabi terrorists are going to own us :mad:
We are currently owned by blood sucking leeches. If they stay in charge any longer this club will die. City/Liverpool are miles ahead. If the Glazers wanted to follow this leeching strategy they should've put someone competent in charge. Woodward has destroyed the wage structure, have massive gaps in the team and is clueless. The Glazers take no interest but sooner or later the sponsorships will dry out and the bubble will burst. The Saudis will be better then the current leeches.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Wish they'd hurry up a bit. I'll feel stupid making a new career mode after unlocking my financial takeover token as well as immediately selling three 99 rated created players to La Liga, until this is all confirmed.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
We are currently owned by blood sucking leeches. If they stay in charge any longer this club will die. City/Liverpool are miles ahead. If the Glazers wanted to follow this leeching strategy they should've put someone competent in charge. Woodward has destroyed the wage structure, have massive gaps in the team and is clueless. The Glazers take no interest but sooner or later the sponsorships will dry out and the bubble will burst. The Saudis will be better then the current leeches.
The clubs most successful period happened under the Glazers.

Liverpool have won 1 League cup in 10 years. United have won 3 trophies since SAF retired. Liverpool are ahead in the league yes but that doesn’t mean they are ahead as a club. United finished above them less than 10 months ago.

The Glazers have spent £500m in the last 5 years trying to recover from SAF retiring, not exactly penny pinching like Spurs is it. Or Liverpool and their ‘net spend’.

Your post is full of the usual cliche nonsense that wouldn’t look out of place in the daily mail comments section on the internet.

Judas

Open to offers
No one doubts the Saudis ability to lift us back up and spend money, thats literally not the point or why people have problem with it. It's been spelt out enough in this thread.

Saying you find this idea of the Saudis taking over very unsettling does not mean you love and support the Glazers, it's not about them.

Bojan11

The clubs most successful period happened under the Glazers.

Liverpool have won 1 League cup in 10 years. United have won 3 trophies since SAF retired. Liverpool are ahead in the league yes but that doesn’t mean they are ahead as a club. United finished above them less than 10 months ago.

The Glazers have spent £500m in the last 5 years trying to recover from SAF retiring, not exactly penny pinching like Spurs is it. Or Liverpool and their ‘net spend’.

Your post is full of the usual cliche nonsense that wouldn’t look out of place in the daily mail comments section on the internet.
£500m that had to be spend. I hate when people state these figures but don’t look at the facts behind them.

Do you think replacing Rio was going to be free? How about Vidic? How about Evra? Rooney? Carrick? Scholes? Giggs? Van Persie? Fletcher? Should I go on? Of course we had to spend big. Look how many star players we lost due to age. It would have been negligent from the Glazers not to spend.

OldTrevil

It would be hypocritical to say you'll stop following the club after Saudi takeover when you're still a fan during Glazer ownership. If there is no other choice but being run by ill gotten wealth, I'd rather the ones that won't sink us into debt and use us as a cash cow.

UncleBob

It would be hypocritical to say you'll stop following the club after Saudi takeover when you're still a fan during Glazer ownership. If there is no other choice but being run by ill gotten wealth, I'd rather the ones that won't sink us into debt and use us as a cash cow.
Why ?

Lynty

Ye. It’s gonna be hard to stomach.

But there’s not many alternatives in the big money world. They’ve all got their hands dirty.

OldTrevil

Because neither is clean money as far as I'm concerned. While we may know some of Saudi crimes, I'm not naive to think that Glazer money is out there feeding and housing Libyan refugees for example. Thats as far as I will go down the political route but none of the two come out clean if you dug further.

cyberman

Because neither is clean money as far as I'm concerned. While we may know some of Saudi crimes, I'm not naive to think that Glazer money is out there feeding and housing Libyan refugees for example. Thats as far as I will go down the political route but none of the two come out clean if you dug further.
You really have to go further if you come out with outrageous claims like that.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
People either need to make their peace with it, or start supporting a different team as it is inevitable that it will happen at some point.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Personally I couldn’t give a monkeys who we’re owned by. I just want us to win trophies at any cost. For me football is all about winning. Bonus points if we do it playing good football.
It’s not necessarily about having huge investment in the club, it’s about have the “natural” levels of investment in the club that would have happened anyway without shareholders

We’ve spent £1BN+ in loan repayments and dividends since the Glazers took over...just imagine if that had been invested in the squad...even with our hopelessly scattergun transfer policies and poor scouting network we would surely have won a few more trophies along the way

Nobody respects City because its all artificial. They are a Championship-sized club who were picked up and re-branded by foreign investors. The club as it is today bears absolutely no relation to the club it was 20yrs ago...different stadium, different badge and a squad full of players who wouldn’t have known there were two teams in Manchester when they started their careers

Unethical as the regime may be, I don’t care if it’s Saudi’s, American’s or Fred Done...as long as we’re just allowed to compete at our “natural” level that would be fine and it’s hardly “selling out” is it if we’re spending our own cash!
Why do you support Utd? No doubt for similar reasons as him. Just because some of us want the club we love to win at all costs doesnt make us less of a fan or glory hunters. Who are you to judge his way of thinking isnt Utd? I would support Utd if we were in league 2 but I'd still rather be beating City and Liverpool to titles and competing with the best in Europe. Fair enough some may have higher morals than others and make stands on forums about this but it doesn't make you a bigger fan of the club. Im in the couldnt care less who owns us as long as we are winning trophies camp. Judge me all you want it doesn't bother me and I will carry on loving Utd.
I can't think of supporting any other football club than Manchester United. I'm too lazy to do that and I will contradict myself.

I'm very surprised to see people who say They will stop supporting United if the Saudi take over. Yes, They(The Saudi) do have morality issues in their country but We are currently owned by businessmen with money as their main interest. Do you know how business work? it's not much better, it can be very dirty and immoral as well.

Clubs like United are too huge to have their cultures affected by their ownership. Outside of money related stuffs I doubt it will have a huge impact, the fan base and the history is too big to be changed. United will remain United, the huge football organization. Ideally I would want filthy rich ManUtd supporters to purchase the club, but it's not realistic. If the Saudis takes over, We're not going to suddenly become the club who supports murders or hates LGBT. We're not a corporation, football club has it soul within it's fanbase, players, manager and history.

We've been owned by the Glazers for how many years now? We've never talked about how They brought American cultures into the club, have We? They're here for their own interest (money and business). The Saudi (if They take over) will have their own interest too, which is to diversify their wealth (money and business again) - not to change the club to support their political views. There are much better, less expensive tools for that.
The above posts are a perfect example of glory hunting (winning at all costs). I find it hard to believe any of you would be fans if the club was in League 1.

We’ve spent £1BN+ in loan repayments and dividends since the Glazers took over...just imagine if that had been invested in the squad...even with our hopelessly scattergun transfer policies and poor scouting network we would surely have won a few more trophies along the way
This is nothing more than a lie and PR stunt brought forth by the Red Knights (from 13+ years ago) to turn fan support against the Glazers. I suggest you do a bit of research (and please don't pull up that silly Guardian article by David Conn. It's nothing more than a hit piece that can easily be disproven)

Judas

Open to offers
There are different levels to everything. Both not being "clean money" so they're equally bad is such a laughable cop out. I'd rather people just admit they don't care about the political side and just want to see us spend big and be like City, just own it.

stevoc

What is the non ruined football for you?
Might be going out on a limb here but i'm guessing a situation where the club he supports isn't owned by a brutal dictatorship that beheads people and oppresses pretty much everyone else in their country.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
There are different levels to everything. Both not being "clean money" so they're equally bad is such a laughable cop out. I'd rather people just admit they don't care about the political side and just want to see us spend big and be like City, just own it.
Agreed. The whataboutisms and false equivalencies throughout this thread are embarrassing.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No I dont, just because you feel outraged by something doesnt mean everyone else is or the claim is truly outrageous.
Well you are claiming that the Glazers are culprit of crimes equivalent to the Saudi regime. If it's not outrageous, it's frankly special.

UncleBob

:lol::lol: Jesus christ.

We weren't exactly an ideal organization as a PLC prior to the Glazers coming in, very few top clubs are, the Glazers just took it to the extreme and at the same time they put us under extreme debt, something that could've easily resulted in horrible consequences for the club. In a larger sense it doesn't really matter if we're making money for a large amount of shareholders or a small one, but it was the way it happened. Yet we're still a well functioning club that base our existence on being run well. If one of the worlds worst regimes purchase us, with the sole purpose of using the Manchester United brand as an advertising platform to launder their image to the world, normalizing what's happening, it would kill the last bit of interest I have in the club. Manchester City fans were happy to go down the route of being a puppy for the likes of Thaksin and then Abu Dhabi, but even that pales in comparison to fecking Saudi. I honestly can't comprehend how thick one has to be in order to believe ownership under Glazerz is same same to Saudis coming in.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The above posts are a perfect example of glory hunting (winning at all costs). I find it hard to believe any of you would be fans if the club was in League 1.

This is nothing more than a lie and PR stunt brought forth by the Red Knights (from 13+ years ago) to turn fan support against the Glazers. I suggest you do a bit of research (and please don't pull up that silly Guardian article by David Conn. It's nothing more than a hit piece that can easily be disproven)
Well, that's like, your opinion.

I find it funny when people are bringing in "glory hunting" when They have nothing better to say. It's so easy to scream "Plastic glory hunters!!!". Did you even read my post properly? did it suggest anything about glory hunting?

Cloud7

People are trying to turn this into a black and white debate, wherein you’re either a saint, or you’re a murderous regime. There’s about a million shades of grey between the two, but no, it’s either or.

I just wish people would abandon these stupid arguments they’re putting forward. If your moral compass doesn’t bother you with this then just say so, admit that all you care about is the club winning, but don’t go off on these stupid arguments about how everyone else that could possibly own us, or every government and every organization that has ever existed is as bad the Saudi regime.

Patrick08

£500m that had to be spend. I hate when people state these figures but don’t look at the facts behind them.

Do you think replacing Rio was going to be free? How about Vidic? How about Evra? Rooney? Carrick? Scholes? Giggs? Van Persie? Fletcher? Should I go on? Of course we had to spend big. Look how many star players we lost due to age. It would have been negligent from the Glazers not to spend.
They did spend, had there been a proper structure and not the mess created by Woodward and his 3 appointees the amount we spent was more than enough to put a title and champions league challenging team just like Klopp has done at Liverpool, it might be difficult to digest for us as united fans but you can not ignore the truth. The same structure which led sir alex dominate the club and the league was the reason for the failure of this club post his retirement because we never evolved with 3 totally different style of philosophies the managers employed. You cant keep pushing restart button in this mordern era and change the style of football with every different manager and expect to build a title winning team.

The glazers and Woodward can be blamed for not planning for eventual Fergie and gill retirement but lack of spending is not the reason we are still short of where we needed to be.

Moiraine

I would rather have us bought by Saudis than any other club in the premier league.

Sauldogba

Fully agree.
They had to spend because of seasons of neglect due to their penny pinching.
That should not be used as a reason to big up the glazers at all

Moriarty

Forbes published an interesting article just when things were going sour for Mourinho. One quote follows:

'What was barely mentioned was that, while United are making more than ever, they are losing around half of everything that they make to the Glazer family,as well as financing the deal by which the family bought the club in the first place in 2005.

United have made £651m in operating profits over the last decade, but have spent £523m on financing the loans used by the Glazers to buy the club. The dividends paid to the Glazers in the most recent accounts come to £22m of £44m profit, money which many owners simply choose to keep in the club to improve performances via better players. As Ed Woodward pointed out in May: “Playing performance doesn’t really have a meaningful impact on what we can do on the commercial side of the business.”'

Rest of the article here:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeme...s-the-battle-behind-the-numbers/#5a10e0104cb2:

OldTrevil

You know that you hit a nerve when people you already have on ignore are following your posts in desperate attempts to argue with themselves and throw insults ;). Amusing, but I would still rather the 'Show Ignored Content' function is disabled so one does not lose time with already-identified nonsense peddlers

:lol::lol: Jesus christ.

We weren't exactly an ideal organization as a PLC prior to the Glazers coming in, very few top clubs are, the Glazers just took it to the extreme and at the same time they put us under extreme debt, something that could've easily resulted in horrible consequences for the club. In a larger sense it doesn't really matter if we're making money for a large amount of shareholders or a small one, but it was the way it happened. Yet we're still a well functioning club that base our existence on being run well. If one of the worlds worst regimes purchase us, with the sole purpose of using the Manchester United brand as an advertising platform to launder their image to the world, normalizing what's happening, it would kill the last bit of interest I have in the club. Manchester City fans were happy to go down the route of being a puppy for the likes of Thaksin and then Abu Dhabi, but even that pales in comparison to fecking Saudi. I honestly can't comprehend how thick one has to be in order to believe ownership under Glazerz is same same to Saudis coming in.
As for you, did you write that, read it and then think it was worthy to put out there? Or were you overcome with the crazy incessant need to insult that you lost all the few marbles you had left. Since when does knowing about Saudi crimes or claiming that Glazer money isn't coming from a morally superior place imply any of the points you seem to be raging against in the first half of your post. As for the politics, I already said I won't be going into that. Feel free to stop supporting if Saudis come along darling, one less idiot to waste reading and writing energy on will be a welcome sight.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I just feel that it's one of them things that will upset people at the beginning but all will be forgotten when Mbappe scores a brace in front of the Kop.

laughtersassassin

I just feel that it's one of them things that will upset people at the beginning but all will be forgotten when Mbappe scores a brace in front of the Kop.

Will be forgotten when we win a league title again which I would almost bet my house on never happening under the Glazer again.

So surprised there is not more hate for the Glazer's. They fecking suck. Even all my Liverpool supporting mates think so.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Will be forgotten when we win a league title again which I would almost bet my house on never happening under the Glazer again.

So surprised there is not more hate for the Glazer's. They fecking suck. Even all my Liverpool supporting mates think so.
It's not ideal but I wouldn't stop supporting the club because I don't like the owners.
As I said, all will be forgotten if they make us a top European team again.

Status
Not open for further replies.