The Scale of Solkjaer's Failure(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
3 years
Zero trophies except for the Mourinho second place trophy, 5 points ahead of crisis team Liverpool.
Endless meek semifinal exits.
Almost £300m spent, "hasn't been backed" though.
Made three defensive signings for £150m with no real improvement to the defense from his first game in charge
Unbecoming beta football, reliant on penalties and individual brilliance.
All his "famous" wins have been low pressure/underdog games, PSG in CL, game to end City's run.
Playing for a draw at home to City
Game changing management? l0l
Still clueless against teams sitting deep
Setting up your team to play like an expensive version of Ian Dowie's Crystal Palace is gonna give you a good away record but you're never gonna win anything.
The Deadwoods "Assassinated" by Babyface, Jones/Bailly/Mata/Romero due another extension I believe.
My Rashy Always Plays
Best opportunity for a title run in years due to poor rivals = "We cannot even be considered as title challengers"
That disasterclass management that resulted in the club ending up in the Europa league in the first place (Demba Ba goal, Not taking Fred off, formation change vs Leipzig)
"Trophies can be an ego thing"
"Crystal Palace make teams play the way they want them to play"
"Progress"

More?

Chelsea binned their underwhelming club legend and ended up with a Champions League trophy on their hands. That's how a real club is run. If he hadn't been sacked they would have had a summer of clutching at straws talking about "progress" instead of celebrating a CL win.

Depressing to see this current merry go round of managers, don't think anyone would have fancied Ole, not even Celtic as they already had Ronny Deila. Poch's contract is running out next summer, you say?

The Hilton

A very valuable thread that really adds to the mature stimulating debate around this subject that already exists on the forum.

Seriously just have a day off.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
What you havent understood is that none of these things really matter. Because Ole is one of us. To shame him is to return the 99 CL trophy and removing it from existence. When you judge Ole you should think of him like your own uncle. Your uncle might be smelly but you want him to do well so you find an excuse and tell people the smelly smell is actually just one of them sex panther collogne.

Judas

Open to offers
Someone said there should be a newbie system for the pre 2010 posters and they might have been onto something, so many absolute nonsense threads are created by the people who have been on here the longest.

Bigbusdutz

Ole may have spent 300 mil over his reign but Chelsea spent 250mil in one summer

L1nk

I mean, regardless of how this is typed out, can you dispute anything the OP has said? All anyone has replied is that you are ignoring him or how it isnt a mature thread, yet you aren’t disputing the points he’s made.

bsCallout

I mean, regardless of how this is typed out, can you dispute anything the OP has said? All anyone has replied is that you are ignoring him or how it isnt a mature thread, yet you aren’t disputing the points he’s made.
Round and round we go

R77

I'm just shocked someone's mentioned it at all. It's not like virtually every other thread on the forum is infested with 'discussions' about the various points raised or anything. I'm extremely grateful the good man has brought this up.

Fly paper troll thread.

Mindhunter

Didn't read after the 3rd or 4th line in the poorly constructed (and formatted) agenda against Ole. It's one thing to criticize his tactical acumen and naivety in playing into the hands of the opposition but another to suggest that his rein has been punctuated by failure and the inability to meet standards.

He came in when the club was at the bottom of the pit. Morale was exceedingly low. Prior critics were taking pity on us and feeling bad for us (which is a sign of the gangrene that had set in). He came in and immediately made an impact, took us on an excellent run of games and brought back the positivity. He cleaned up much of the deadwood and brought back our focus on young and exciting talents from our academy.

He slowly phased out players we were absolutely foolish to buy and carry on in the same of "experience". He got us top 4 consistently two years in a row (which hasn't happened so often). We convincingly were second best in the league to City and there is no harm in accepting that their squad is better than us.

Is Ole perfect? Hell, no. He definitely needs to improve the tactical side of his game but to suggest that his entire tenure was a failure is clearly disingenuous. I personally enjoyed our campaign much more than the 2nd in PL and Europa winners campaign under Mourinho and I am much more excited about the future that what I was back then.

gajender

Regardless of where you stand on merits of Solskjaer being United's manager one thing we can all agree upon I hope is that there are just too many threads on this , it seems some posters just like attention why can't all this anti Ole pro Ole discussions be confined to already existing threads infact some of the threads should just be merged there is just too much clutter.

I know I my pleas would just be ignored like the OP maybe I need to create a thread about it.

Last edited:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Are we labeling finishing 5 points AHEAD of Liverpool as a failure now??

TheReligion

Abusive
3 years
Zero trophies except for the Mourinho second place trophy, 5 points ahead of crisis team Liverpool.
Endless meek semifinal exits.
Almost £300m spent, "hasn't been backed" though.
Made three defensive signings for £150m with no real improvement to the defense from his first game in charge
Unbecoming beta football, reliant on penalties and individual brilliance.
All his "famous" wins have been low pressure/underdog games, PSG in CL, game to end City's run.
Playing for a draw at home to City
Game changing management? l0l
Still clueless against teams sitting deep
Setting up your team to play like an expensive version of Ian Dowie's Crystal Palace is gonna give you a good away record but you're never gonna win anything.
The Deadwoods "Assassinated" by Babyface, Jones/Bailly/Mata/Romero due another extension I believe.
My Rashy Always Plays
Best opportunity for a title run in years due to poor rivals = "We cannot even be considered as title challengers"
That disasterclass management that resulted in the club ending up in the Europa league in the first place (Demba Ba goal, Not taking Fred off, formation change vs Leipzig)
"Trophies can be an ego thing"
"Crystal Palace make teams play the way they want them to play"
"Progress"

More?

Chelsea binned their underwhelming club legend and ended up with a Champions League trophy on their hands. That's how a real club is run. If he hadn't been sacked they would have had a summer of clutching at straws talking about "progress" instead of celebrating a CL win.

Depressing to see this current merry go round of managers, don't think anyone would have fancied Ole, not even Celtic as they already had Ronny Deila. Poch's contract is running out next summer, you say?
Depressing people keep wanting to go over the same things. Thread after thread after thread.

Tallis

So if Ole sells every player in the squad to raise $800m and then spends $600m on buying players, does it mean he has been allowed to spend $600m ?

FreddieTheReddie

You failed at spelling his name. That should be minimum achievement after two and a half years.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
1991 was the turning point with that Cup Winner's Cup title.

2021 has been a misfire at best with that grotesque 1-1 and the pens.

Ole's era is going nowhere. Zidane or Ten Hag in, please.

stw2022

1991 was the turning point with that Cup Winner's Cup title.

2021 has been a misfire at best with that grotesque 1-1 and the pens.

Ole's era is going nowhere. Zidane or Ten Hag in, please.
I can’t see the direction. Really doesn’t feel we’re on edge of kicking on instead thinking how nice it’d be if Liverpool were as crap next season

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
You forgot to add him and his brain trust of Phelan, Carrick and the other one being unable to sort out set pieces for a full year, which ultimately cost us a trophy.

Not having a clue which keeper to go with.

A very valuable thread that really adds to the mature stimulating debate around this subject that already exists on the forum.

Seriously just have a day off.
Someone said there should be a newbie system for the pre 2010 posters and they might have been onto something, so many absolute nonsense threads are created by the people who have been on here the longest.
Best thing about these threads is knowing who to put on ignore
Can we ban him?
Typical fingers in the ears and eyes closed posts.

Andersons Dietician

Hold on, in what world does the charity shield get classed as a proper trophy? In my eyes Moyez won feck all and Jose is lucky that some view the Carling cup as actually mattering. The only one that is really worth anything is the FA cup as the Uefa cup is the Carling cup equivalent of Europe.

miked99

Another idiotic thread. As others have said, all hail the Ignore feature. Starting to wonder if it has an upper threshold.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
How dare you create a thread which spits in the face of self-appointed top reds and rational fans on here. Look at them calling for a lock/ban from the off.

But yeah, completely agree. The list of failures is so massive and it'll keep getting longer and longer. The only thing that would have made all this together more impactful would be some chosen quotes about being successful, surprised by the quality of players that want to come, that winning trophies hides true progress, etc., etc.

stw2022

People who think anyone cares who they are pretending to put on ignore are interesting people.

Zoo

Wish people would stop treating this place as a personal blog. Not every fecking thought deserves a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.