g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The state of Guardiola | Regrets Redmond incident

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Or they scored a couple against one of the worst teams in the league at defending a lead.
Well that's not what Pep will tell them, or what they want to believe.

They came close to draw the game, the 4-1 would be a harder hit for them, the final result can help the team believe they not only play well, but they're also great competitors in any situation.

Kapardin

Liverpool was his first big test. Fact is, we were unnecessarily stupid and clumsy tactically against them, while Chelsea are just wank this season. Spurs weren't in top form when they faced City.

From what I saw of this match, the old weaknesses of Guardiola remain. City have been great this season, but they are not all that.

Classical Mechanic

Well that's not what Pep will tell them, or what they want to believe.

They came close to draw the game, the 4-1 would be a harder hit for them, the final result can help the team believe they not only play well, but they're also great competitors in any situation.
Of course Pep will spin it that way but Liverpool are awful at defending leads, they are the 4th worst in the league for dropping points from winning positions, the teams worse than them were in the bottom 5 in the league IIRC.

Theonas

Scout
Liverpool was his first big test. Fact is, we were unnecessarily stupid and clumsy tactically against them, while Chelsea are just wank this season. Spurs weren't in top form when they faced City.

From what I saw of this match, the old weaknesses of Guardiola remain. City have been great this season, but they are not all that.
Of course it remains. What did you think? That he was capable of creating a team that never loses? That will just never happen for anyone ever. His teams will always have a weakness, problem is it rarely gets exposed because of brilliant his teams are at the other stuff. Napoli did against them as well as Liverpool did today by the way and if it was for more individual quality, they would have also beaten them.

Rossa

Lose one game and the knee-jerk reactions.

This is one of the most annoying things about forums. Not just about Guardiola but in general.
True, no doubt. However, more annoying has been the wanking over City and Guardiola in here. So I for one am glad that seems over for a little while.

Theonas

Scout
Lose one game and the knee-jerk reactions.

This is one of the most annoying things about forums. Not just about Guardiola but in general.
The cringy part about it is that it's the biggest compliment we can give them. When people treat your defeats as some sort of event and start reading things to it, it is the biggest sign of an aura. It was always like this with us under Fergie. We'd lose a game and the bitter scouse and the rest of the country would start celebrating and talking about how it is the end of an era. City don't deserve that kind of respect just yet.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
The cringy part about it is that it's the biggest compliment we can give them. When people treat your defeats as some sort of event and start reading things to it, it is the biggest sign of an aura. It was always like this with us under Fergie. We'd lose a game and the bitter scouse and the rest of the country would start celebrating and talking about how it is the end of an era. City don't deserve that kind of respect just yet.
Good point.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
You can always lose key games, but losing this way feels better than feeling destroyed on a 0-1 loss.

I think this game marks a milestone of Pep's career tho, I might be wrong, but everytime I saw a Pep team get way behind on a game, they could lower their arms, today his team showed a reaction I'd like to see in some of his Barcelona era games.
He was bullied by a Coutinho-less Liverpool.

The score-line flatters Citeh. Liverpool are anomalously bad at defending a lead, even against really poor sides.

If Liverpool had even adequate ability to see out a game, it would've ended 4-1.

And if they had a decent keeper and VVD playing, it could've been 4-0.

Guardiola has been being over-hyped and over-respected since he arrived in the PL. I remember last season when he was playing fullbacks in CM and they were on a decent run and all the pundits were wanking themselves silly over it. Then it fell apart and looked ridiculous but no-one says anything.

He's an overly emotional prima-donna manager who inherited this citeh squad and who's own signings have largely failed.

He needs everything to be set in place for him, far more than any other top manager, hence him inheriting a better squad, yet spending more than anyone else.

automaticflare

Liverpool game raisers in big games do not surprised or shocked that they won.

City were poor but still broke the press on a number of occasions and found space. Even when they had that their ball retention was very poor today and gave away a lot of ball sloppily. David Silva would have made a massive difference. I thought gundogan was poor today despite his goal and guilty of losing possession easily a couple of times especially in second half.

Rossa

Was tired of it too.

But it seems there is never any middle ground. He's either a fraud or the greatest on here depending on results.
Admittedly, I haven't watched City that much - I'm not a City supporter, so why bother. When I have watched him, I think he looks like just about an average defender, but a pretty decent passer of the ball with good vision and calm. That being said, if you take away his ball playing skills, I'm not sure he's good enough as a defender to play top six, I really don't. That being said, a team is about the sum of all parts. For City, he suits them well and isn't exposed that often, and therefore his ball playing skills outweigh his somewhat average defending skills.

Edit: spelling - I with an i - I mean...

Handsome Devil

Ahh but it's more than that here today. They were on course to becoming Invincibles and a lot of people will be mightily relieved that they aren't buying that this season.

Rossa

Totally agree, we are overdue a little bit of self indulgence.
Indeed, and now I just wish United could go on a proper winning streak. It's about time some of our underperformers find some form; Herrera, Lukaku, Rashford in particular need to raise their game. I think Valencia can improve as well, as can Pogba and Matic. Too much inconsistency. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a great result tomorrow.

Rossa

Ahh but it's more than that here today. They were on course to becoming Invincibles and a lot of people will be mightily relieved that they aren't buying that this season.
Agreed again. I respect Arsenal as a club and especially the Invincibles team. I really dislike City, so for them to steal all records in one season would be terrible, imo.

Rossa

Why? Well, they are not that dissimilar from United. They have a long history. They are good at using and promoting youth. Wenger has always played a rather attractive style of football. United always enjoyed a healthy rivalry with Arsenal. They are not a money-infested oil club. I respect Tottenham as well. In some ways I respect Liverpool, but I dislike them too much for that to matter.