Music The Streets

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Touring again, for the first time in 7 years. I was at one of their shows last night (Olympia. Dublin) and it was great. Forgot how many catchy tunes he wrote. Puts on quite a show too. The whole place was jumping. Almost worth today's brutal hangover. Almost.

Anyway, anyone else a fan? Anyone planning on checking out this tour?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Funnily enough I've been listening to a bit recently. Reminiscing.

Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living was/is fantastic. A Grand Don't Come For Free as well

GBBQ

Original Pirate Material got a fair few plays in College. Jesus, 16 years ago.

is he doing much new stuff?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Blinded by the lights is one of my favourite songs ever.

Can't imagine what he's like at a concert though

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Original Pirate Material and A Grand Don't Come For Free were great albums, might have to give them a listen again.

Edit: Computers and Blues was a good return to glory too.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Love me some Mike Skinner.

I quite like his newer stuff in The D.O.T as well with Rob Harvey. He's also into DJing and has made some remixes and produced some dance songs.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I bought an album by them once on somebody's recommendation - I think I listened to two tracks before deciding it would never again see the darkness of the inner realms of my cd player.

SteveTheRed

Original Pirate Material was outstanding, it's still great now. I've seen The Street but at a festival so it wasn't great, imagine a gig would be much better!

Hmm playing Brixton next week...may have a look!

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Pretty damn amazing.

I was peak stoned/pissed when they played that tune last night, mind you. So not a reliable witness.
:lol:

To be fair, that song must be enjoyed while drunk/high.

I might put him on my list of artists to see

Mighty Boosh

Touring again, for the first time in 7 years. I was at one of their shows last night (Olympia. Dublin) and it was great. Forgot how many catchy tunes he wrote. Puts on quite a show too. The whole place was jumping. Almost worth today's brutal hangover. Almost.

Anyway, anyone else a fan? Anyone planning on checking out this tour?
Good to hear, seeing them tonight in the Olympia and can't wait!

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Been a long time, absolutely loved them back in the day. Had a mate who was an even bigger fan, that guy listened to them non stop for years without barely playing anything else.

I remember seeing them at Werchter one time standing in some pyramid that was completely trembling and going nuts. Weirdly and sadly that is pretty much literally all I remember, due to obvious circumstances. Just googled it and it was in 2009, supposedly they were in excellent form that day.

Edit; watching some old footage on the youtube is starting to bring back flashes

[SPOILR][/SPOILER]

Last edited:

Mighty Boosh

Very enjoyable gig, hopped into the circle at the very front and had Mike crowd surfing and singing in the crowd beside us

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Haven't listened to The Streets for a while.

Original Pirate Material and A Grand Don't Come For Free are brilliant. Love the music to Has It Come To This?

Tarrou

Anyone heard the new album? First impression its pretty good, though granted my expectations weren't that high

Love the last track 'Take Me As I Am', proper D&B track